Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket Prices 20:20 - Feb 11 with 3334 viewsDeano19766

So Leicester fans are going to boycott the first 5 minutes (yes 5 MINUTES) v Arsenal. They have still bought a ticket and will be attending for the other 85 minutes. Some protest that. eh?
Ticket Prices on 20:23 - Feb 11 with 3329 viewsHollowayRanger

so you think they should boycott what could well be the title deciding game against their main rival and gave the goonies a massive advantage

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ticket Prices on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 3315 viewsDeano19766

Ticket Prices on 20:23 - Feb 11 by HollowayRanger

so you think they should boycott what could well be the title deciding game against their main rival and gave the goonies a massive advantage

Yes I do. I think that all fans should be boycotting all games until they get what they want regarding ticket prices. It's the only way. What's the point in a protest such as this, where the club gets the money anyway and the impact is for just a fraction of the game? All it does is prove that the fans won't stand their ground and will still pay and attend no matter what (so it actually does more harm than good). Pointless IMO Either do it properly or don't bother at all
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 20:34]
Ticket Prices on 20:32 - Feb 11 with 3294 viewsconnell10

Does seem rather pointless.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ticket Prices on 20:43 - Feb 11 with 3240 viewsderbyhoop

Would that be the Leicester City side who sell the cheapest tickets In the Premiership (£22)? Be careful what you wish for?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ticket Prices on 20:45 - Feb 11 with 3236 viewsbarbicanranger

Well if you want champions league football...
Ticket Prices on 20:53 - Feb 11 with 3207 viewsdaveB

the protest is about the game being moved by Sky at the last minute
Ticket Prices on 21:08 - Feb 11 with 3167 viewsDeano19766

Ticket Prices on 20:53 - Feb 11 by daveB

the protest is about the game being moved by Sky at the last minute

Makes it even more pointless then. They are, apparently, going to "stand on the concourse and watch it on the tv". So they are going to watch it on the very thing that they are protesting about. Unbelievable. What a complete and utter waste of time. Don't tickets and thus don't go to games. Why is that such a difficult concept? It really is the only way that has even the remotest chance of sorting things out (but no guarantees of that either). Just my opinion of course
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 21:11]
Ticket Prices on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 3097 viewschris1969

Hopefully will get some publicity as I don't expect Sky to give it too much airtime. I guess they are suffering by their own success but fans are always the losers and there should be a compensation system for rearranged games at this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Ticket Prices on 21:58 - Feb 11 with 3064 viewsNorthernr

No club or broadcaster cares about your five minute protest.
The only way we'll ever win this is if there is a mass boycott of matches or TV subscriptions, and we can't bring ourselves to do it because we love our football and our clubs. They've got us over a fcking barrel.
To be fair, Sky might take some notice if there cameras etc were aggressively attacked by supporters at games like this one, but then you end up in the nick.
Ticket Prices on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 3063 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ticket Prices on 20:29 - Feb 11 by Deano19766

Yes I do. I think that all fans should be boycotting all games until they get what they want regarding ticket prices. It's the only way. What's the point in a protest such as this, where the club gets the money anyway and the impact is for just a fraction of the game? All it does is prove that the fans won't stand their ground and will still pay and attend no matter what (so it actually does more harm than good). Pointless IMO Either do it properly or don't bother at all

I like you Deano. Great shout.

Although in the 'top' flight the malaysian tv subscriber in the hand is worth two locals in the bush.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 22:09]
Ticket Prices on 23:28 - Feb 11 with 2953 viewschris1969

Your missing the point, they bought the tickets for a Saturday 3pm game and it was switched at extremely short notice to Sunday 12pm
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 8:30]
Ticket Prices on 23:59 - Feb 11 with 2900 viewsBoston

Ticket Prices on 23:28 - Feb 11 by chris1969

Your missing the point, they bought the tickets for a Saturday 3pm game and it was switched at extremely short notice to Sunday 12pm

Is this the start of a Jewish conspiracy thread?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ticket Prices - No.... it's not related on 00:43 - Feb 12 with 2866 viewschris1969

Ticket Prices on 23:59 - Feb 11 by Boston

Is this the start of a Jewish conspiracy thread?

Might as well be because it's got nothing to do with Ticket Prices.
Ticket Prices on 01:37 - Feb 12 with 2841 viewstimcocking

Yes you do?

If QPR were actually top of the league, top of the premier league, think about that for a moment... you'd want QPR fans to choose the game against Arsenal, the team closest to us, away from home, late on in the season,and you'd be advocating away fans to miss that game? When you are top of the league for probably the first and last time ever? Christalbloodymighty. Pretty sure you should reconsider that.

Totally agree the prices are a complete fcuking joke, but surely miss every game for the next ten years rather than this season? All fans should boycott every match until they sort it out. But not Leicester and especially not Leicester away to Arsenal. They should be giving absolutely everything to win that title, it'd be utterly brilliant for them. Can't believe you're being serious there. You'd rather Arsenal won the league again? Hard to fathom.
Ticket Prices on 06:41 - Feb 12 with 2783 viewsQPRinCT

This is so stupid on a couple of points.
First -- Leicester fans have a reason to be angry right now?
Second -- if you want to make a protest, you need a big visible impact, best done by Dortmund fans with the tennis balls. Or, more routinely, as Liverpool fans did by leaving en masse during a game. fans.
Visual impact!
Boycotting the first minutes of a game will look like a bunch of late-arriving fans. Happens all the time
Ticket Prices on 07:00 - Feb 12 with 2768 viewsjohnhoop

I know this is never likely to happen, because you wouldn't achieve the required degree of unity, but personally I think fans should just boycott all live TV games. I can't think of a better way of making the b-stards take notice than having every game they broadcast played in an empty stadium.
Ticket Prices on 07:48 - Feb 12 with 2721 viewsizlingtonhoop

Ticket Prices on 23:28 - Feb 11 by chris1969

Blimey! That is early.
Hope they don't make too much noise coming back to their cars parked down my street, at 2:30 am...

My idea is to boycott the entire game, everyone. Then turn up at 3pm. It would probably get out of hand - especially if everyone's been in the pub watching the match, all the better really, the police would soon be in discussion with Sky (possibly).
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 7:56]
Ticket Prices on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 2618 viewsdaveB

Ticket Prices on 06:41 - Feb 12 by QPRinCT

Second -- if you want to make a protest, you need a big visible impact, best done by Dortmund fans with the tennis balls. Or, more routinely, as Liverpool fans did by leaving en masse during a game. fans.
Visual impact!
Boycotting the first minutes of a game will look like a bunch of late-arriving fans. Happens all the time

They have every reason to be angry, we get the hump when games are switched for tv at 2 months notice so having it done a few weeks before and moved to a Sunday lunchtime is a disgrace. It's a far more effective protest if Arsenal join in and the whole stadium is empty for the first five minutes but fair play to Leicester fans for doing something, they should be applauded rather than mocked.
Ticket Prices on 09:57 - Feb 12 with 2596 viewsNorthernr

Ticket Prices on 06:41 - Feb 12 by QPRinCT

Visual impact!

The first point is ridiculous. This game was moved with little more than a fortnight's notice. Cheap train tickets are on sale three months before so basically every Leicester fan planning to go to this by train (more than half I would expect) will have booked and lost anywhere between £30 and £50 on their original tickets, then had to book again for the Sunday which would have been anywhere between £50 and £70 because of the short notice.
Anybody with a hotel booked for Friday night for a Saturday game, or train down Saturday, hotel Satyurday night, train back Sunday has lost all of that money. Any single parent who'd arranged to have the kids Sunday and got to the match Saturday has to redo all of those arrangements at no notice at all. Anybody who said they'd work Sunday as long as they could have Saturday off probably can't rearrange that at a fortnight's notice.
And Sky's excuse is they only realised how big this game would be a couple of weeks ago, like Leicester weren't riding high three months ago.

It's a cnts trick, and it doesn't matter whether the team is doing well or not you should be fcking angry about it.
Ticket Prices on 12:48 - Feb 12 with 2449 viewsQPunkR

I don't see our lot making any protest whatsoever.
Good on Leicester fans for doing *something*, and for crying out loud look at the facts - if they didn't buy those tickets and boycott part of the game, some other mug punters would've bought them and what kind of protest would that be?

The point of such protests is that they're *visible*. The Liverpool fans last week did well and the numbers of them leaving the ground couldn't be ignored by the TV cameras. And yet some people, missing the point, say "well they still gave the Club the money for the ticket"

QPR - "shit but local"

Ticket Prices on 13:45 - Feb 12 with 2396 viewsSnipper

Does that mean you're boycotting tomorrow's game?

They've been taking the pish out of us all for years. If it was easy to set up a coordinated boycott, that would be a great move. But sadly, it's not :-(.
Ticket Prices on 15:24 - Feb 12 with 2311 viewstoboboly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35560475

Wenger doesn't seem to understand!

"Football is a moment of happiness in your life, so don't miss it."

That's the point Arsene you tiresome fck, the late change means shitloads of people missing it who had bought tickets you dumb cnt.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ticket Prices on 10:29 - Feb 14 with 2146 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Ticket Prices on 11:55 - Feb 16 with 2019 viewstoboboly

FA Cup ticket prices reduced slightly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35582926

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024