Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve McClaren finished? 23:16 - Mar 5 with 6310 viewsBrightonhoop

Not looking good for him or them.

Would welcome him back as coach 8 days a week.
Steve McClaren finished? on 23:45 - Mar 5 with 5293 viewsQPR1882

Was saying the same earlier, would welcome him back in a coaching role
Steve McClaren finished? on 01:07 - Mar 6 with 5234 viewsTacticalR

The problem is that McClaren is a man who would rather fail as a manager than succeed as a coach.

Air hostess clique

Steve McClaren finished? on 02:11 - Mar 6 with 5206 viewstimcocking

Steve McClaren finished? on 01:07 - Mar 6 by TacticalR

The problem is that McClaren is a man who would rather fail as a manager than succeed as a coach.

A little harsh. Didn't he win the dutch league with FC Twente for the first time ever?

He's got a load of French players at Newcastle. When you're struggling, the French are a waste of space. Running away from a fight is in their genes. He's being let down by a sh!t team. Similar situation to us when we went down I reckon.
Steve McClaren finished? on 12:52 - Mar 6 with 5080 viewsTacticalR

Steve McClaren finished? on 02:11 - Mar 6 by timcocking

A little harsh. Didn't he win the dutch league with FC Twente for the first time ever?

He's got a load of French players at Newcastle. When you're struggling, the French are a waste of space. Running away from a fight is in their genes. He's being let down by a sh!t team. Similar situation to us when we went down I reckon.

Yes, he has had some success as a manager, which is probably why he clings to being a manager when it's not his real strength .

After he won the league with FC Twente he flopped at Wolfsburg, then made a hasty exit from Nottingham Forest, then went back to FC Twente and resigned from there after a winless run, and then came to us.

Air hostess clique

Steve McClaren finished? on 13:09 - Mar 6 with 5058 viewsTGRRRSSS

He's had moments as a manager but if he was really going to make it he'd have done so by now.

It's interesting many blame "the regime" at Toon, and I can see why, but really McLarent should be doing a bit better than that. Also he ultimately failed at Derby ok the Play Off Final was what it was for thm, but everything was laid on there - likewise he has shown he is a top top coach - he might even be a Ferguson - as a coach - but never a number 1, and it showed much for us when he was at Rangers under Redknapp - maybe had he stayed he might have won the League - under Harry rather than lose to Harry in the final as he did.
But Number 2's are so much under the radar really compared to the riches and reward for a Manager.

I did think Newcastle was the wrong choice but probably one of very few clubs in the top 2 divs who would have given him a show let alone PL.

So yes as a Manager he is finished.
Steve McClaren finished? on 13:21 - Mar 6 with 5038 viewsisawqpratwcity

French relegation six-pointers must be hilarious then.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Steve McClaren finished? on 14:38 - Mar 6 with 4968 viewsHayesender

Steve McClaren finished? on 13:21 - Mar 6 by isawqpratwcity

French relegation six-pointers must be hilarious then.

I think that's where they all stand in the centre circle shrugging their shoulders muttering

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Steve McClaren finished? on 15:32 - Mar 6 with 4928 viewsAntti_Heinola

Apart from Arsenal's invincibles of course... Wiltord, Henry, Petit, Pires, Vieira.
Bunch of puffs!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve McClaren finished? on 15:44 - Mar 6 with 4906 viewskensalriser

Yeah if the French were any good they would have won the World Cup.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Steve McClaren finished? on 15:59 - Mar 6 with 4885 viewsTheBlob

Shteve's toasht.

Also.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Steve McClaren finished? on 03:20 - Mar 7 with 4719 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Steve McClaren finished? on 04:00 - Mar 7 with 4706 viewstimcocking

When I hear 'only suitable as a number 2', it just seems weird to me. Sounds like the kind of thing newspapers just like to write which doesn't exist in reality.

Ok, some people won't have the force of character to command the players' respect or whatever, but just because a person has been a coach it doesn't mean they can't be a manager as well.

Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. How can you win the league if you don't know what you're doing? I just think any team winning, the media say the manager is a genius, any team losing he's immediately rubbish. It's like Rangers. Any manager who comes here apart from Neil is sh!t. Are they all clueless? I think it's more likely to do with the players, the environment, the fans, injuries, linesmen, luck and a shedload of other factors rather than all down to the manager. If the players aren't fighting for him, what can he do? A million examples of managers who've been a total failure at one club and excelled at another. Look at Sparky. Look at Mourinho this season in comparison with last season.

Can't remember who it was, but I was listening to some ex player the other day saying Steve McClaren was the best manager he'd had. Or maybe he is cr@p, I don't know. I just not sure if i go along with all the blame being his, and that meaning he's not up to it.

Love him back here as a coach.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 5:11]
Steve McClaren finished? on 04:04 - Mar 7 with 4701 viewstimcocking

Steve McClaren finished? on 03:20 - Mar 7 by FredManRave

Yeah, but he barely touched him...

Damn seriously that was a sh!tty incident though, a real shame. I can't really blame Zidane for it; if somebody was saying that about a fella's mum and sister, they should really have a perfect right to belt t'uther fella.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 5:20]
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:35 - Mar 7 with 4674 viewsisawqpratwcity

Steve McClaren finished? on 04:04 - Mar 7 by timcocking

Damn seriously that was a sh!tty incident though, a real shame. I can't really blame Zidane for it; if somebody was saying that about a fella's mum and sister, they should really have a perfect right to belt t'uther fella.

You seem to have discovered the missing motivation behind the Fall of France in 1940. If only Adolf had said something inflammatory, like "Oi, Frenchies, all your muvvers and sisters are slags!", then the French could have given Hitler and his Wehrmacht a well-deserved kicking!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 7:04]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Steve McClaren finished? on 12:23 - Mar 11 with 4463 viewsTacticalR

Sacked.

Air hostess clique

Steve McClaren finished? on 12:40 - Mar 11 with 4412 viewsexiled_dictator

such a deluded bunch of supporters, even worse that manu and liverpool.
a one team city, with 50k week in week out, who believe they should be challenging for everything, yet nobody is still alive to remember the last piece of silverware they won. film wasnt even invented to record said moment.
the best manager they had, after bobby robson, was pardew who was so unlike by the supporters, that they chased him out. for what, and who in his place?
there is much talk of rafa benitez coming in on a 3 year contract, with a break if they get relegated in 10 games time. i don't think rafa is the right person. nor do i think moyes is either. you need a fighter, a scrapper who has successfully won a relegation battle like pearson did last season. but even then, i don't think he has enough time to sort things out. there is so much rot within that club from top to bottom, it will take a miracle for them to avoid relegation, and when they do get relegated, they will be stuck in the championship for some time sorting out the club itself. unless they appoint neil warnock, who will get them up in 2 seasons guaranteed.
but its nice watching a club implode and self destruct that doesn't start with the word queens.
been there
done that
got the t-shirt

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Steve McClaren finished? on 12:40 - Mar 11 with 4411 viewsBrightonhoop

Steve McClaren finished? on 12:23 - Mar 11 by TacticalR

Sacked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35736581

Gone.
Steve McClaren finished? on 12:55 - Mar 11 with 4366 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Steve McClaren finished? on 12:40 - Mar 11 by exiled_dictator

a one team city, with 50k week in week out, who believe they should be challenging for everything, yet nobody is still alive to remember the last piece of silverware they won. film wasnt even invented to record said moment.
the best manager they had, after bobby robson, was pardew who was so unlike by the supporters, that they chased him out. for what, and who in his place?
there is much talk of rafa benitez coming in on a 3 year contract, with a break if they get relegated in 10 games time. i don't think rafa is the right person. nor do i think moyes is either. you need a fighter, a scrapper who has successfully won a relegation battle like pearson did last season. but even then, i don't think he has enough time to sort things out. there is so much rot within that club from top to bottom, it will take a miracle for them to avoid relegation, and when they do get relegated, they will be stuck in the championship for some time sorting out the club itself. unless they appoint neil warnock, who will get them up in 2 seasons guaranteed.
but its nice watching a club implode and self destruct that doesn't start with the word queens.
been there
done that
got the t-shirt

Absolutely. As bad as last Saturday was up at MK, when I finally arrived home and sat down to watch MOTD I thought to myself, at least we're not Newcastle. Or Villa for that matter.
Steve McClaren finished? on 12:58 - Mar 11 with 4350 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Steve McClaren finished? on 04:04 - Mar 7 by timcocking

He's Algerian.....
Steve McClaren finished? on 13:24 - Mar 11 with 4290 viewspaulparker

Steve McClaren finished? on 12:40 - Mar 11 by Brightonhoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35736581

Gone.

FFS

I had a money on Garde being the next one sacked at 5/1 , p1ssflaps !!!!!!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Steve McClaren finished? on 13:41 - Mar 11 with 4245 viewsBluce_Ree

Rafa's a good appointment I reckon. They need someone to add a bit of a shine to that club. Newcastle have all these dreams that they are some sort of massive club that deserves to win things. Everyone else thinks they are shit and a joke.

Rafa's a legit manager with a bit of star power. I think that'll be good for them.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Steve McClaren finished? on 14:28 - Mar 11 with 4180 viewsqueensparker

Steve McClaren finished? on 12:40 - Mar 11 by exiled_dictator

been there
done that
got the t-shirt

They hounded out Bobby Robson as well, a fact that they like to overlook these days
Steve McClaren finished? on 15:35 - Mar 11 with 4092 viewsrunningman75

Rafa had a bad rebound fling being dumped by Real Madrid and ending up at Newcastle.
Steve McClaren finished? on 15:41 - Mar 11 with 4077 viewsBrightonhoop

Steve McClaren finished? on 13:41 - Mar 11 by Bluce_Ree

Rafa's a good appointment I reckon. They need someone to add a bit of a shine to that club. Newcastle have all these dreams that they are some sort of massive club that deserves to win things. Everyone else thinks they are shit and a joke.

Rafa's a legit manager with a bit of star power. I think that'll be good for them.

That depends how much say he has in next seasons signings. Meanwhile he has got his work cut out. Sound appointment though for a change.
Steve McClaren finished? on 15:52 - Mar 11 with 4044 viewsdaveB

They'll still go down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024