Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Izzard 12:44 - Mar 21 with 4302 viewsexiled_dictator

haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, so .....

eddie izzard has completed 27 marathons in 27 days in south africa for sport relief.
he is 54 years old, and i am sure he has had medical advice, and he has history with this sort of thing, but seriously? what is he trying to prove? surely someone could have thought of an easier way to raise a mullion kwid? back of trump's sofa? georgie osborne's a-hole? ask tone, as he has spunked away mullions in the past few years, and sports relief is a worthy cause; boswinga and co aren't.

no, hats off and serious respect to him for a fantastic achievement for a truly worthy cause. the guy is a hero and deserves all the credit he gets. having been in daily training now for a mere few months, i can testify that it can be very tedious and you need a hell of a lot of motivation and will power to keep going. amazing feat.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35856814

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Eddie Izzard on 12:53 - Mar 21 with 4276 viewsjonno

Yes, he's the Jimmy Saville of this era. Oh, errr.....errr.....
Eddie Izzard on 13:07 - Mar 21 with 4229 viewsisawqpratwcity

Note that he completed a double marathon in one day to finish.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Eddie Izzard on 13:09 - Mar 21 with 4212 viewsTheBlob

He's still a kunt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Eddie Izzard on 13:10 - Mar 21 with 4223 viewsloftboy

Apparently he was having coaching as he went along, running a certain speed for ten miles then slowing down for five,etc the thought of running one marathon and the training involved has put me off trying let alone 27, beyond comprehension.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Eddie Izzard on 13:18 - Mar 21 with 4204 viewsexiled_dictator

Eddie Izzard on 13:09 - Mar 21 by TheBlob

He's still a kunt.

you're just jealous because he's got fingers and fingernails to apply your favourite colour nail varnish, which will remain on your bucket list forever.

Eddie Izzard on 13:20 - Mar 21 with 4180 viewsTheBlob

Eddie Izzard on 13:18 - Mar 21 by exiled_dictator

you're just jealous because he's got fingers and fingernails to apply your favourite colour nail varnish, which will remain on your bucket list forever.

You try and wear nail varnish in Muslim countries.

Eddie Izzard on 13:31 - Mar 21 with 4151 viewsQPRDave

2 marathons in one day, then you see Man Utd players going down with cramp, because they had to play 2 games in 72 hours
Eddie Izzard on 13:35 - Mar 21 with 4136 viewsexiled_dictator

Eddie Izzard on 13:20 - Mar 21 by TheBlob

You try and wear nail varnish in Muslim countries.

you forget where i was born, so yes, until the age of 6, i always wore nail varnish. even on religious holidays.

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Izzard on 13:35 - Mar 21 with 4126 viewsTheBlob

Eddie Izzard on 13:31 - Mar 21 by QPRDave

2 marathons in one day, then you see Man Utd players going down with cramp, because they had to play 2 games in 72 hours

They're called Snickers now.

Eddie Izzard on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 4086 viewsQPRDave

Eddie Izzard on 13:35 - Mar 21 by TheBlob

They're called Snickers now.

Oh I can manage 3 of those in a day easy!
Eddie Izzard on 14:18 - Mar 21 with 4037 viewsSimonJames

Incredible effort, particularly in that heat.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Eddie Izzard on 14:41 - Mar 21 with 3982 viewsstevec

Incredible achievement but I do feel slightly short changed that, during those 27 marathons, I never once heard him mention the nasty Tories.

Let's hope he's back on the One Show any day soon and putting the record straight.
Eddie Izzard on 14:46 - Mar 21 with 3971 viewsTacticalR

Eddie Izzard on 14:41 - Mar 21 by stevec

Incredible achievement but I do feel slightly short changed that, during those 27 marathons, I never once heard him mention the nasty Tories.

Let's hope he's back on the One Show any day soon and putting the record straight.

No need to. Iain Duncan Smith was taking care of that.

Air hostess clique

Eddie Izzard on 14:59 - Mar 21 with 3944 viewsNeil_SI

I think this is brilliant, well done.

His 43 marathons across 51 days back in 2009 for Sport Relief was also inspiring and prompted me to get off my lazy arse and get back out there to get fit and running again.
Eddie Izzard on 15:08 - Mar 21 with 3918 viewsTheBlob

Eddie Izzard on 13:35 - Mar 21 by exiled_dictator

you forget where i was born, so yes, until the age of 6, i always wore nail varnish. even on religious holidays.

Granted.But it was the tutu that was the final straw?

Eddie Izzard on 15:13 - Mar 21 with 3910 viewsCiderwithRsie

Eddie Izzard on 15:08 - Mar 21 by TheBlob

I think you're in real trouble in any islamic country if you go around wearing an anglican bishop.

With or without nail varnish.
Eddie Izzard on 15:23 - Mar 21 with 3880 viewsBluce_Ree

That's a serious effort. Fair play to him. I imagine that's damaged him in some small way. Can't be good for you.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Eddie Izzard on 15:44 - Mar 21 with 3834 viewsexiled_dictator

Eddie Izzard on 15:08 - Mar 21 by TheBlob

i'm not sure how the muslim world will view you calling ayatollah khomeini a tutu.
a blobby fatwa is in the post.

Eddie Izzard on 15:47 - Mar 21 with 3828 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I still say that the way sports programming is going on the Beeb, by 2018, the nominees for SPOTY will look like:

Brand (Jo), Brand (Russell) Izzard, Froome, Walliams, two C' list BBC presenters and that prat who drives the F1 car.

This being said, a serious achievement from Izzard.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eddie Izzard on 15:54 - Mar 21 with 3819 viewspaesanu

Eddie Izzard on 13:09 - Mar 21 by TheBlob

He's still a kunt.

Why's that then? Is it because he's successful?

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Eddie Izzard on 15:55 - Mar 21 with 3816 viewsDiscodroids

It was nice to hear Eddie Izzard impart information to us about painting his toe nails in different colours , in a different order everyday as he did on the bbc news this morning .

Im not sure why the interviewer really have to fall to her knees in Awe at this information, as is if this Elkie Brooks doppleganger had reinvented the Fibonacci Sequence.

Unfortunately , I cant get the image of his painting his manky toe nails out of my head and was violently sick in the wastepaper bin. He was also going on aboutthe term 'Bush men' being racist this morning. it seems he is now an expert on the Australian outback as well.

Izzard was also going on and on about raising LGBT Issues in south african townships with his painted finger nails.As if they give a flying fck.Of course the BBC showroom dummy interviewer greeted this exciting news like George Harrison in the presence of the Maharishi.

Fair enough to Eddie, I cant walk 26 meters without my inhaler and having to render down a quarter pounder to replenish the used joules of energy.I would also venture and give credit to Eddie that he would kick the shit out of Grayson Perry in his couture pumps in a square go.

Id rather Izzard went into the Octagon with Ken Shamrock though. And i sorely wish Lenny Mclean was still alive to sink his teeth into Rufus Hounds Neck.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2016 16:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Eddie Izzard on 17:18 - Mar 21 with 3691 viewsbosh67

Have met him twice. Really normal and quite quiet. Nice bloke.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eddie Izzard on 17:57 - Mar 21 with 3657 viewsTheBlob

Eddie Izzard on 15:44 - Mar 21 by exiled_dictator

i'm not sure how the muslim world will view you calling ayatollah khomeini a tutu.
a blobby fatwa is in the post.

I've lost weight so can we make that a Thinwa?

[Post edited 21 Mar 2016 18:08]

Eddie Izzard on 18:23 - Mar 21 with 3609 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just come across this which makes Izzard look a bit of a lightweight!

http://www.the401challenge.co.uk/

Yeah, I thought so too....madness! Good luck to this bloke and why isn't he getting any coverage?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eddie Izzard on 00:30 - Mar 22 with 3449 viewstimcocking

Having done a lot of running in my time, 27 marathons in 27 days is an absolutely staggering achievement. I'd be amazed if James Cracknell could pull that off, but Eddie Izzard, it beggars belief.

Didn't he do 26 marathons in 26 days a couple of years ago?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024