Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germany tonight 20:49 - Jul 7 with 1872 viewsbosh67

A bit like watching Rangers in some games over the seasons. Total domination and get sucker punched.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Germany tonight on 21:04 - Jul 7 with 1502 viewsTacticalR

Yes, except I can't remember the total domination bit.

Air hostess clique

Germany tonight on 21:07 - Jul 7 with 1494 viewsjohncharles

Since when has Roger Daltry been France manager ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Germany tonight on 21:19 - Jul 7 with 1462 viewsbosh67

I think they need to revise the yellow card thing in this competition. It is effecting the quality of these semi finals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Germany tonight on 21:21 - Jul 7 with 1453 viewsCamberleyR

I thought the yellow cards totting up ended after the QFs?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Germany tonight on 21:22 - Jul 7 with 1444 viewsCamberleyR

It does, just checked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016#Discipline

Germany tonight on 21:28 - Jul 7 with 1424 viewsClive_Anderson

Ref giving the Germans nothing. Never a penalty either.
Germany tonight on 21:31 - Jul 7 with 1415 viewsjonno

What were the Jerries doing there?
Germany tonight on 21:36 - Jul 7 with 1398 viewsjohncharles

Have we put our bid in for Griezmann yet ?

Login to get fewer ads

Germany tonight on 21:53 - Jul 7 with 1357 viewsClive_Anderson

Germany totally robbed. Much worse to go out like that rather than just being completely crap like England.
Germany tonight on 22:57 - Jul 7 with 1236 viewsdaveB

thought second half was similar to England plenty of the ball and not a clue what to do with it until last 10 when they could have scored 4
Germany tonight on 22:57 - Jul 7 with 1234 viewsdaveB

Germany tonight on 21:53 - Jul 7 by Clive_Anderson

Germany totally robbed. Much worse to go out like that rather than just being completely crap like England.

how were they robbed? They didn't create a chance until the last 10 minutes
Germany tonight on 23:57 - Jul 7 with 1178 viewsPunteR

I thought France played well 2nd (missed first half). They defended well and looked dangerous on the counter. Agree with Daveb that Germany should have scored at least 2 or 3 in the last 10 min.
I hope France win it now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Germany tonight on 01:53 - Jul 8 with 1118 viewsLadbrokeR

Germany tonight on 21:28 - Jul 7 by Clive_Anderson

Ref giving the Germans nothing. Never a penalty either.

Watched it in France so didn't catch any punditry. Was it deemed a foul ?
Germany tonight on 07:58 - Jul 8 with 1041 viewsjohncharles

Germany tonight on 01:53 - Jul 8 by LadbrokeR

Watched it in France so didn't catch any punditry. Was it deemed a foul ?

If you wave your arms around in the air in the penalty area you risk giving away a penalty.. A player of his experience should have known better.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 7:59]

Germany tonight on 08:16 - Jul 8 with 1014 viewsDesertBoot

Germany were toothless up front without Gomez and relying on Muller who looked out of sorts all tournament and hadn't scored a goal.
I don't see how Germany were robbed. France took their chances and defended resolutely after the second goal. I thought France deserved to win the game.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 13:19]

Wish I could be like David Watts

Germany tonight on 08:20 - Jul 8 with 1008 viewsenfieldargh

The problem Germany have is no recognized centre forward, cant think who they could put up front.

What they need is a BFG!!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Germany tonight on 08:31 - Jul 8 with 998 viewsMonahoop

Germany tonight on 07:58 - Jul 8 by johncharles

If you wave your arms around in the air in the penalty area you risk giving away a penalty.. A player of his experience should have known better.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2016 7:59]

That's twice the Germans have given away penalties in this contest by raising a hand!!!

I thought France deserved to win in the end even though they relied on defensive errors to produce goals rather than through creative play. Much of the time they seem to want to walk the ball into the net. The Germans I think have been dull in this tournament. The French eventually saw through their time honoured robotic style of play in the second half. Their finishing was woeful and like someone mentioned earlier, there was a look of England about them in the end, desperate. Still they often manage to get to the last four of a tournament even with an average side.

France to win the tournament me thinks.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Germany tonight on 08:50 - Jul 8 with 972 viewstraininvain

Germany tonight on 08:31 - Jul 8 by Monahoop

That's twice the Germans have given away penalties in this contest by raising a hand!!!

I thought France deserved to win in the end even though they relied on defensive errors to produce goals rather than through creative play. Much of the time they seem to want to walk the ball into the net. The Germans I think have been dull in this tournament. The French eventually saw through their time honoured robotic style of play in the second half. Their finishing was woeful and like someone mentioned earlier, there was a look of England about them in the end, desperate. Still they often manage to get to the last four of a tournament even with an average side.

France to win the tournament me thinks.

Germany have been in 25 of the last 26 semi finals in major tournaments. A ridiculous record.

I have a bad feeling about Portugal / Ronaldo...
Germany tonight on 08:54 - Jul 8 with 967 viewsMrSheen

Very harsh on the Germans. They were outstanding from the 10th minute to the 45th, the best there's been in the tournament. Admittedly the French made it harder for them after half time, and looked very good at 2-0 up.

One thing you notice about the Germans is that every player ahead of the ball turns to face it, so he has the option of approaching it for a short pass on the ground, running further on, or moving to a better position on seeing where else it's going. Not at all robotic, properly reacting to the match position. England, and France at times last night, play the ball then charge forward with their backs to the man in possession. Eventually it either has to go back to the goalkeeper, or is punted forward as a low-percentage bouncing ball, which even if they win will take time to bring under control before it can be used again.
Germany tonight on 09:24 - Jul 8 with 933 viewsdaveB

Germany tonight on 08:54 - Jul 8 by MrSheen

Very harsh on the Germans. They were outstanding from the 10th minute to the 45th, the best there's been in the tournament. Admittedly the French made it harder for them after half time, and looked very good at 2-0 up.

One thing you notice about the Germans is that every player ahead of the ball turns to face it, so he has the option of approaching it for a short pass on the ground, running further on, or moving to a better position on seeing where else it's going. Not at all robotic, properly reacting to the match position. England, and France at times last night, play the ball then charge forward with their backs to the man in possession. Eventually it either has to go back to the goalkeeper, or is punted forward as a low-percentage bouncing ball, which even if they win will take time to bring under control before it can be used again.

In that spell though how many chances did they create? France actually had more chances in that period on the break when Giroud did his Tommy Williams impression and they had a couple of free kicks
Germany tonight on 09:33 - Jul 8 with 919 viewsPinnerPaul

It was bit like watching Rangers in the sense it was 45' each way and 11 v 11, after that I'm struggling for similarities to be honest!
Germany tonight on 09:37 - Jul 8 with 909 viewsCamberleyR

Germany tonight on 08:50 - Jul 8 by traininvain

Germany have been in 25 of the last 26 semi finals in major tournaments. A ridiculous record.

I have a bad feeling about Portugal / Ronaldo...

If you're just talking Euros/World Cups as major tournaments and not things like the Confederations Cup it's not quite as impressive as that.

Since 1966 it's 19 out of 26. 10 WCs and 9 Euros.

1968, 1984, 2000 and 2004 they failed to make at least the last four in the Euros.
1978, 1994 and 1998 in World Cups.

Germany tonight on 10:27 - Jul 8 with 863 viewsPinnerPaul

Germany tonight on 09:37 - Jul 8 by CamberleyR

If you're just talking Euros/World Cups as major tournaments and not things like the Confederations Cup it's not quite as impressive as that.

Since 1966 it's 19 out of 26. 10 WCs and 9 Euros.

1968, 1984, 2000 and 2004 they failed to make at least the last four in the Euros.
1978, 1994 and 1998 in World Cups.

Just the 19 then - how pathetic!
Germany tonight on 10:40 - Jul 8 with 842 viewsDannyPaddox

The statistic I find amazing is this is the first tournament since 1966 that the Germans haven't beaten the hosts including 1974 when they beat themselves in Hamburg: West Germany 0 East Germany 1
Germany tonight on 10:57 - Jul 8 with 809 viewsjohncharles

Muller was definitely below par. No clinical finishing, no diving and no whinging. In fact he was telling his team mate Can to stop yelling at the referee.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024