Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The little mermaid. 19:23 - Jul 15 with 3080 viewsconnell10

I thought he looked good today, id like to see him stay!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The little mermaid. on 19:33 - Jul 15 with 2562 viewsenfieldargh

only a friendly and not much blood and thunder but yes thought he was ok, kept things simple and loves pole to pole passing.

A lot of good youngsters, I thought they were going to get overun in the 3rd/4th quarters but they settled down and dominated large stretches of play.

Eze looks quite a find and thought Chair was good. The young players have a lot of confidence. Giles Phillips mature for his age.

Not sure who are the better full back [pairings. Furs got caught out fro their penalty but I felt more confident with Furlong & Robinson than Bidwell & Perch, but only a friendly.

Pavel is going to be mighty important for us next season, Manning looks as good as we was last year. Just wish our forwards to keep the ball a bit better but hopefully that will come. Yenni looked ok but not up against Champ defenders.

I was impressed by the players who all put in a shift. Central defence is a major concern with at least one more recruit needed as Hall was out today.

I'm hoping Im going to enjoy watching us next season.

Missing today

Freeman
Luongo
Cousins
Hall
Goss
Shodipo
Petrasso

Does Sylla ever stop laughing?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The little mermaid. on 19:49 - Jul 15 with 2513 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Little Mermaid?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The little mermaid. on 20:01 - Jul 15 with 2486 viewsRoller

The little mermaid. on 19:49 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Little Mermaid?

Ariel, Brian.

I have to spend the whole season standing next to him trying to make sense of what he says!
The little mermaid. on 20:04 - Jul 15 with 2473 viewsNorthernr

Well that nickname is getting stolen for match previews.
The little mermaid. on 20:10 - Jul 15 with 2444 viewsconnell10

The little mermaid. on 20:01 - Jul 15 by Roller

Ariel, Brian.

I have to spend the whole season standing next to him trying to make sense of what he says!

Now that made me laugh mate............first time for everything i suppose!

The little mermaid. on 20:25 - Jul 15 with 2402 viewsterryb

How was Eze?

I think he may be our break through player this season.
The little mermaid. on 20:34 - Jul 15 with 2378 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The little mermaid. on 20:01 - Jul 15 by Roller

Ariel, Brian.

Sorry, man, I was out of my element!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The little mermaid. on 20:35 - Jul 15 with 2374 viewsHooparoo

Sounds pretty positive considering we had a few first teamers and internationals being rested.

Really glad to hearRobinson played well. Lets hope he can put his injury woes behind him at last.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

The little mermaid. on 00:30 - Jul 16 with 2087 viewsconnell10

The little mermaid. on 20:25 - Jul 15 by terryb

How was Eze?

I think he may be our break through player this season.

He looked really good tel, i think he maybe a very good player in the future for us mate.

The little mermaid. on 08:35 - Jul 16 with 1798 viewsdaveB

We were sat quite close to the dugout and it was interesting how much more often Fleming had to tell Furlong where to stand and remind his of positioning than he did with Perch. I think Furlong will probably start the season at right back though unless we sign someone else
The little mermaid. on 10:09 - Jul 16 with 1668 viewsderbyhoop

The little mermaid. on 08:35 - Jul 16 by daveB

We were sat quite close to the dugout and it was interesting how much more often Fleming had to tell Furlong where to stand and remind his of positioning than he did with Perch. I think Furlong will probably start the season at right back though unless we sign someone else

We shouldn't forget that Furlong is still a relative novice at Championship level. Watching the highlights of the Reading games he did drift out of position far too often. So when everybody has a go at Perch it would be we'll to consider whether the alternatives are significantly better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The little mermaid. on 11:09 - Jul 16 with 1575 viewsOldPedro

The little mermaid. on 10:09 - Jul 16 by derbyhoop

We shouldn't forget that Furlong is still a relative novice at Championship level. Watching the highlights of the Reading games he did drift out of position far too often. So when everybody has a go at Perch it would be we'll to consider whether the alternatives are significantly better.

Perch could be a reasonable defender if he didn't try to get sent off in nearly every game with his rash two-footed tackles. Furlong is still learning and will only get better as he plays more games.

I think we need to take a longer term view and give Furlong the experience he needs. IF we do, I think he could develop into a very good right back.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The little mermaid. on 15:28 - Jul 16 with 1406 viewsvegasranger

Furlong played 24 games for Swindon in Division 1 last season. Just one division below us. He will be 22 in October. He's not a kid, he should know how to play right back by now. Not being coached through games. With Perch being a liability at right back this clearly is the biggest weakness in the team.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 15:29]
The little mermaid. on 15:47 - Jul 16 with 1364 viewsAntti_Heinola

The little mermaid. on 15:28 - Jul 16 by vegasranger

Furlong played 24 games for Swindon in Division 1 last season. Just one division below us. He will be 22 in October. He's not a kid, he should know how to play right back by now. Not being coached through games. With Perch being a liability at right back this clearly is the biggest weakness in the team.

There's a difference between knowing how to play right back and knowing how to play as part of a back four in the way Fleming wants though, isn't there? Very pleased he's being coached through the game - it's a friendly, and that is exactly what friendlies are for.

Bare bones.

The little mermaid. on 15:54 - Jul 16 with 1354 viewsvegasranger

Antti, I normally agree with a lot you say but being coached on positioning in a friendly against a Division 1 team? I get adjustments but he isn't a youth team player, he shouldn't have to get instructions all through the game.
The little mermaid. on 16:23 - Jul 16 with 1305 viewsparker64

His positioning has always been a bit suspect. I remember watching him in the FA Youth Cup v Fulham a few years back now and Patrick Roberts tore him to pieces. I'm glad he's getting a good go at the position but I'm not convinced he'll develop into our first choice right back.
The little mermaid. on 16:42 - Jul 16 with 1264 viewsNorthernr

Ha ha one throwaway comment that the assistant manager was coaching a player during a friendly (what is this sorcery?) and suddenly Furlong's positioning is sht, it's always been sht, he needs coaching throughout games, it's not good enough...
The little mermaid. on 17:15 - Jul 16 with 1231 viewsvegasranger

I don't think anyone said anything of the sort !!! He's certainly not shit but probably only a Div1 player like most of the players from his QPR youth era.
The little mermaid. on 17:30 - Jul 16 with 1203 viewsparker64

The little mermaid. on 16:42 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Ha ha one throwaway comment that the assistant manager was coaching a player during a friendly (what is this sorcery?) and suddenly Furlong's positioning is sht, it's always been sht, he needs coaching throughout games, it's not good enough...

A little OTT. Nobody has said he's s***. You're putting a slant on something that's not there.
The little mermaid. on 17:46 - Jul 16 with 1179 viewsNorthernr

The little mermaid. on 17:30 - Jul 16 by parker64

A little OTT. Nobody has said he's s***. You're putting a slant on something that's not there.

I didn't say anybody had said he was sht. I said people have said his positioning is sht. Which they have.
The little mermaid. on 17:54 - Jul 16 with 1161 viewsparker64

The little mermaid. on 17:46 - Jul 16 by Northernr

I didn't say anybody had said he was sht. I said people have said his positioning is sht. Which they have.

That's a fair point. Speaking for myself I'd say his positioning needs working on, it's not sh** though. Sh** was John Curtis.
The little mermaid. on 18:01 - Jul 16 with 1148 viewsNorthernr

The little mermaid. on 17:54 - Jul 16 by parker64

That's a fair point. Speaking for myself I'd say his positioning needs working on, it's not sh** though. Sh** was John Curtis.

Oh God that guy was worse than sht. He was something so bad I'm not sure a word has been invented for it.
The little mermaid. on 18:23 - Jul 16 with 1118 viewsPunteR

The little mermaid. on 18:01 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Oh God that guy was worse than sht. He was something so bad I'm not sure a word has been invented for it.

"Wobblycrap"

Just nicked it from Ted.. ;)
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 18:24]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The little mermaid. on 18:59 - Jul 16 with 1067 viewsdaveB

The little mermaid. on 15:28 - Jul 16 by vegasranger

He knows how to play right back he was just getting help from the coaches which isn't unusual. I don't think it matters if you are 22 or 38 playing at full back isn't an exact science, some managers will want the full backs to stretch play, others come inside. I thought it was quite good that Fleming was constantly looking to help Furlong.

To balance it out Bircham was giving instructions to several players as well
The little mermaid. on 19:01 - Jul 16 with 1059 viewsDorse

Do you think they're taking another serious look at Polish Boris? If he can play the midfield role Hall was used in last season, that might see the defence only need one more body rather than two. It might be the sensible option: we already pay him, the loan deal for Hoban seems like a good fit for all parties, Bowler has been sold so he's not blocking a youngster's development. If he still has trouble adjusting to England, half a season in the First Team squad might make him a saleable asset at Christmas.

Smithies (Ingram); Furlong, Hall, Ned, Robinson; Manning, Boris; Wzsolek, Freeman, Ngbakoto; Sylla.

Still leaves us cover from Lumley, Bidwell, Lynch, Scowen, Perch, Luongo, Smith, Washington, Shodipo, Eze, Kakay and others. One more defender might just be enough, if Hall drops back. FWIW, I think Eze will come through this season and they will gamble on him as a support striker.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024