Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Robbo in trouble? 14:19 - Feb 12 with 8342 viewsBakes

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/02

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:24 - Feb 12 with 5368 viewssmegma

What a div. A long ban beckons.
Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:28 - Feb 12 with 5344 viewsHarbour

Looks like Jota caught him in first challenge and no more than a push by Robbo in return and Jota makes a big deal of it let’s hope we hear no more about it
Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:30 - Feb 12 with 5332 viewsessextaxiboy

The Wolves bloke, hung his leg back to kick him on the floor. The red mist looks to have descended because he obviously went looking for him . In true Rangers style only our bloke will get punished ..
Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:39 - Feb 12 with 5270 viewsToast_R

Not sure the footage is really good enough to give a defining verdict one way or the other.
Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:44 - Feb 12 with 5255 viewsisawqpratwcity

You can slow it down to quarter speed to make it easier to view.

It was recorded from a bad angle, JR is behind Jota and you can't see what he is doing, only his arm dropping afterwards as Jota goes down. It's only an assumption that JR struck him, you'd need video from another angle to determine what contact took place.

What I find interesting is the lack of reaction from their goalie when he is in a much better position to see what occured.

Edit: Sorry, our goalie! Ok, so no reaction is not so strange. You'd still need a better view than that clip.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 14:51]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:46 - Feb 12 with 5230 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:44 - Feb 12 by isawqpratwcity

It was recorded from a bad angle, JR is behind Jota and you can't see what he is doing, only his arm dropping afterwards as Jota goes down. It's only an assumption that JR struck him, you'd need video from another angle to determine what contact took place.

What I find interesting is the lack of reaction from their goalie when he is in a much better position to see what occured.

Edit: Sorry, our goalie! Ok, so no reaction is not so strange. You'd still need a better view than that clip.

it's our keeper

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:54 - Feb 12 with 5199 viewsWestbourneR

Nah there is not enough in that. The little s***e Jota goes down to try and make something of it.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:03 - Feb 12 with 5158 viewsRBlock

Is Robbo in trouble? on 14:44 - Feb 12 by isawqpratwcity

Whilst everything you say is right, it would only have to be proven to the civil standard, i.e. what happened on the balance of probabilities? So whilst you would need another angle to determine categorically what happened, what will be assessed is on the basis of the video provided, is it more likely that JR struck Jota than not?

IMO, given the way JR's arm moves up towards Jota, I'd say he will be lucky to escape a ban.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:18 - Feb 12 with 5094 viewsisawqpratwcity

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:03 - Feb 12 by RBlock

Whilst everything you say is right, it would only have to be proven to the civil standard, i.e. what happened on the balance of probabilities? So whilst you would need another angle to determine categorically what happened, what will be assessed is on the basis of the video provided, is it more likely that JR struck Jota than not?

IMO, given the way JR's arm moves up towards Jota, I'd say he will be lucky to escape a ban.

I'd agree that it is quite likely that he did strike him, but you can't rule out a reasonable risk that Jota is overreacting to little or no contact just to gain advantage. If a referee doesn't see sufficient contact between a defender and a striker when the striker goes down, must he always give the benefit of uncertainty to the striker? How is a tribunal any different?

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:38 - Feb 12 with 4999 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Youtube headline says hit in the face hahaha don't know what they think they saw but it is clear he lightly taps him on the shoulder in a bit of handbags and in he goes down like he has been shot. Handbags happen in football. You see stuff like that happen from every corner kick. Nothing in it. Will probably get a ban anyway though

Even their own fans disagree https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/201473/
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 15:57]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:43 - Feb 12 with 4966 viewsLunarJetman

So its trial by fan mobile phone footage now is it?
Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:48 - Feb 12 with 4946 viewsRBlock

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:18 - Feb 12 by isawqpratwcity

I'd agree that it is quite likely that he did strike him, but you can't rule out a reasonable risk that Jota is overreacting to little or no contact just to gain advantage. If a referee doesn't see sufficient contact between a defender and a striker when the striker goes down, must he always give the benefit of uncertainty to the striker? How is a tribunal any different?

Because it is judged on probabilities, not reasonable doubt. Same way Captain Leader Racist got found Not Guilty at Court of a racially aggravated public order offence, because it couldn't be proven beyond reasonable doubt, whilst he was found more likely to have said the words than not, at the FA's tribunal and was subsequently banned. They don't have to be certain.
Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:53 - Feb 12 with 4903 viewsloftboy

Would have been a penalty if seen by officials, not a patch on Fenwick elbow into Ardiles throat at White Hart Lane just after Ardiles had goaded Mark Dennis into a red card.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:54 - Feb 12 with 4901 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:38 - Feb 12 by RANGERS4EVER

Youtube headline says hit in the face hahaha don't know what they think they saw but it is clear he lightly taps him on the shoulder in a bit of handbags and in he goes down like he has been shot. Handbags happen in football. You see stuff like that happen from every corner kick. Nothing in it. Will probably get a ban anyway though

Even their own fans disagree https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/201473/
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 15:57]

slowed down to 1/4 it looks like a tap on the shoulder to me.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:56 - Feb 12 with 4894 viewsHarbour

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:18 - Feb 12 by isawqpratwcity

IF they look at Robbo elbow they will have to look at the first challenge as well, should be no further action but knowing our luck he will get a ban...
Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:17 - Feb 12 with 4818 viewsisawqpratwcity

Is Robbo in trouble? on 15:48 - Feb 12 by RBlock

Because it is judged on probabilities, not reasonable doubt. Same way Captain Leader Racist got found Not Guilty at Court of a racially aggravated public order offence, because it couldn't be proven beyond reasonable doubt, whilst he was found more likely to have said the words than not, at the FA's tribunal and was subsequently banned. They don't have to be certain.

But with Terry's case didn't they have the independent complaint of a copper, ie a credible witness, who heard it?.

That video really doesn't show anything except Jota going down as Robinson's arm is dropping. There is nothing to indicate that any contact took place at all, so again I ask, why does Jota get, in the absence of additional video, the benefit of the very considerable doubt?

If you thought that it was 55% likely that JR decked him and 45% that Jota dived after insignificant or no contact, would that attract sanction for Robinson? I don't think so.

Edit: I'm not arguing this because he's our player. Because of the angle of that video, I don't see this as sufficiently conclusive, even at a lower standard of proof.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 16:32]

Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:24 - Feb 12 with 4785 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

It doesn't look much to me. Would have been a harsh red if the ref had seen it in the match. Probably a yellow card for being stupid. Jota clearly makes a meal of it. Robinson should get a warning at worse.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:39 - Feb 12 with 4720 viewscolinallcars

Unless there is further footage from a better angle he should be OK. They surely can't punish him on the film we've seen.
Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:39 - Feb 12 with 4718 viewsbosh67

Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:24 - Feb 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

It doesn't look much to me. Would have been a harsh red if the ref had seen it in the match. Probably a yellow card for being stupid. Jota clearly makes a meal of it. Robinson should get a warning at worse.

Remember this is the FA. We'll probably get relegated and have Loftus Road turned into a supermarket!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:42 - Feb 12 with 4708 viewsbosh67

Look at the footage again. Jota puts his hand up to Robinson first. Only a fraction of a second before but it is his arm raised that Robinson reacts to and pushes away, sending Jota to the ground. A whole lot of nothing to be honest.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:56 - Feb 12 with 4663 viewsRBlock

Is Robbo in trouble? on 16:17 - Feb 12 by isawqpratwcity

But with Terry's case didn't they have the independent complaint of a copper, ie a credible witness, who heard it?.

That video really doesn't show anything except Jota going down as Robinson's arm is dropping. There is nothing to indicate that any contact took place at all, so again I ask, why does Jota get, in the absence of additional video, the benefit of the very considerable doubt?

If you thought that it was 55% likely that JR decked him and 45% that Jota dived after insignificant or no contact, would that attract sanction for Robinson? I don't think so.

Edit: I'm not arguing this because he's our player. Because of the angle of that video, I don't see this as sufficiently conclusive, even at a lower standard of proof.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 16:32]

I couldn't remember there being a independent witness statement from a copper. I've had a brief look back at the articles but couldn't see any mention of that, but I may be wrong. There was the video however.

As per the civil standard of proof, they will consider the two accounts and decide which was more likely. If they consider it more likely that JR engaged in violent conduct, than Jota diving under insignificant contact, then they would have to find JR guilty of violent conduct and ban him. Thems the rules (as I understand them to be).
Is Robbo in trouble? on 17:01 - Feb 12 with 4626 viewssimmo

Absolutely fck all in that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is Robbo in trouble? on 17:26 - Feb 12 with 4530 viewsjohncharles

Didn't know anything about until it came on Sky a few minutes ago. The general opinion in the pub here is ..
What ? Where?

Strong and stable my arse.

Is Robbo in trouble? on 17:49 - Feb 12 with 4464 viewsjohncharles

I hope Jota gets done for this. It would be good for the game. Minimal contact and tries to get another player banned. Little Sh1t I hope it all blows up in his face

Strong and stable my arse.

Is Robbo in trouble? on 19:48 - Feb 12 with 4197 viewsJigsore

Jota falls like someone who's already decided they're going down a few seconds ago

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024