Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Bill Cox 08:08 - Aug 3 with 5183 viewsNorthernr

LSA have Tweeted that the legend that is Bill Cox has passed away on the eve of the new season. Won't be the same being at an away game without him there, often asleep. Brilliant, brilliant fella who will be sadly missed.
RIP Bill Cox on 08:20 - Aug 3 with 5144 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sad news, I never spoke to him but would often see him in the LSA bar before games and chatting to Joe Hylton & Kath. RIP Bill.

The grass is always greener.

RIP Bill Cox on 08:26 - Aug 3 with 5129 viewsknocker

Very sad news. RIP Bill.
RIP Bill Cox on 09:17 - Aug 3 with 5001 viewssmegma

He's been unwell for months, had to miss the end of last season as a consequence. Got rushed back into hospital recently and I was informed it wasn't looking good. My condolences to his son David, another regular home and away like his dad.
RIP Bill Cox on 09:19 - Aug 3 with 4997 viewsLythamR

R.I.P Bill
Condolences to his family and to the LSA
RIP Bill Cox on 09:22 - Aug 3 with 4979 viewssmegma

I've also heard HA9Ranger (James) has left us, a right shock as he's only about 30.
RIP Bill Cox on 09:43 - Aug 3 with 4930 viewsFearless

RIP Bill sad news

& James - don’t think our paths crossed, but that’s tragic
RIP Bill Cox on 10:08 - Aug 3 with 4876 viewsdaveB

very sad news, a really lovely bloke RIP Bill
RIP Bill Cox on 10:16 - Aug 3 with 4846 viewsbillericaydicky

RIP Bill, very sad news and likewise James. No age at all.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Bill Cox on 10:18 - Aug 3 with 4838 views18StoneOfHoop

Thoughts with family and friends and all grieving LSA members.
Lovely man! A cheery chatty character who made interminable away trips on the poxy knee-breaking coach that bit better.
Was speaking to him for about half an hour at Marylebone station
prior to Birmingham away last season. Later I became incomprehensible through drink.
Unfortunately I only realised afterwards that we'd mainly been talking about illness.

Whose the geezer in the red cap?
https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1459447/qpr-fans.jpg?w=736&e=eb61cb3ba7682b99aa3
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 12:26]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

RIP Bill Cox on 11:14 - Aug 3 with 4675 viewstimcocking

Always saddens me to hear of the demise of a QPR fan. Life is too short by far.
RIP Bill Cox on 11:50 - Aug 3 with 4596 viewsthemodfather

very sad news, RIP bill and thoughts to dave and family, lsa aside bill was kind, generous, funny and a good man. he liked his wrestling, was a ref, supported local leagues and liked an ale or cider.
one story that comes to mind was at the old colchester, bill was seated and in the warm sun had napped off, he had his feet up on the hoarding and kevin gallen wanted to take a throw in but the feet were in the way, he gently moved bill's legs and the game went on, bill never knew! gonna miss bill a lot.
RIP Bill Cox on 12:18 - Aug 3 with 4511 viewsLblock

Condolences to Young Dave and the rest of the family

RIP to Bill, a permanent fixture now missing
Sure he'll be looking down with a beer in his hand (if he's not a kip!!)

Sad news

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

RIP Bill Cox on 12:52 - Aug 3 with 4408 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP Bill Cox on 11:50 - Aug 3 by themodfather

very sad news, RIP bill and thoughts to dave and family, lsa aside bill was kind, generous, funny and a good man. he liked his wrestling, was a ref, supported local leagues and liked an ale or cider.
one story that comes to mind was at the old colchester, bill was seated and in the warm sun had napped off, he had his feet up on the hoarding and kevin gallen wanted to take a throw in but the feet were in the way, he gently moved bill's legs and the game went on, bill never knew! gonna miss bill a lot.

Lovely tribute.

RIP to him, and condolences to his family and to all who knew and loved him.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

RIP Bill Cox on 14:49 - Aug 3 with 4214 viewsNorthernr

RIP Bill Cox on 11:50 - Aug 3 by themodfather

On a similar level, sitting behind him at Burnley a few years ago at the end of that Dowie/Sousa/Ainsworth season he was asleep for most of it stretched out over a few seats at the front. Stirred about ten minutes from time and loudly enquired of anybody within the vicinity "how long have we been playing in blue shorts?" Answer, most of the previous nine months.
RIP Bill Cox on 15:14 - Aug 3 with 4144 viewsMarc

RIP Bill Cox on 09:22 - Aug 3 by smegma

I've also heard HA9Ranger (James) has left us, a right shock as he's only about 30.

Blimey! Where have you heard this from if you don't mind me asking?

RIP Bill and James.
RIP Bill Cox on 17:23 - Aug 3 with 4016 viewssmegma

RIP Bill Cox on 15:14 - Aug 3 by Marc

Blimey! Where have you heard this from if you don't mind me asking?

RIP Bill and James.

His godfather.
RIP Bill Cox on 01:23 - Aug 4 with 3741 viewsMcfcdave

Hi i am a Manchester City fan who had the pleasure to be a work colleague of Bill Cox for the last 15 years. A truly wonderful man who I had great conversations with about football and life in general. QPR through and through and truly a sad loss. My thoughts are with his family at this sad time.
RIP Bill Cox on 12:23 - Aug 8 with 3292 viewsthemodfather

bill was a ref, supoorted youth leagues, believed in local causes such as credit unions, loved qpr and went games at every level. loved a cider and was a good laugh. gonna be missed, like so many others who have left us.
RIP Bill Cox on 15:10 - Aug 17 with 2963 viewsSnipper

There was a fantastic turnout for Bill’s funeral today. I had the pleasure of knowing Bill for a few years. The man was a gentleman.

Andy Sinton and Lee Hoos we’re both there to pay respects.

RIP Bill.
RIP Bill Cox on 15:42 - Aug 17 with 2885 viewssmegma

RIP Bill Cox on 15:10 - Aug 17 by Snipper

There was a fantastic turnout for Bill’s funeral today. I had the pleasure of knowing Bill for a few years. The man was a gentleman.

RIP Bill.

Which says a lot about this beautiful club we support. Lee Hoos mentioned Bill on the official website the day Bill left us. There was also a mention this morning about today's funeral on the website.
RIP Bill Cox on 15:44 - Aug 17 with 2874 viewsted_hendrix

RIP Bill Cox on 15:10 - Aug 17 by Snipper

RIP Bill.

Nice post mate.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024