Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryder Cup thread 12:46 - Sep 24 with 6376 viewsBlackCrowe

Super close as always and difficult to call. USA have the edge in terms of players in form i reckon, but that Golf Nacional will be so suited to Europeans qualities.
My prediction is tied at 14 points a piece and US retain the cup.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ryder Cup thread on 13:45 - Sep 24 with 4577 viewsloftboy

Narrow fairways will be the yanks undoing, Europe to win with matches to spare.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ryder Cup thread on 13:58 - Sep 24 with 4565 viewsstevec

Used to love the Ryder Cup but the crowd seems to have been hijacked by Geezerosaurus, lonely blokes shouting 'Europe, Europe'.

That is not, and never will be, a fckin chant.
Ryder Cup thread on 14:03 - Sep 24 with 4558 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ryder Cup thread on 15:51 - Sep 25 with 4450 viewsthemodfather

looking forward to this, rarely watch any golf but this can be good....i love seeing team usa cocking it up!
they never learn that "get in the hole " stuff, arrogance etc doesn't = manners, good behaviour and sportsmanship.
team "your -rope" for me.
Ryder Cup thread on 08:51 - Sep 26 with 4359 viewskingsburyR

Ryder Cup thread on 13:45 - Sep 24 by loftboy

Narrow Fairways......

Thats DJ, Bubba, Tiger, Finau and Koepka stuffed!!!!

Always think its daft that the US PGA set up their courses to allow for 330 yard drives on fairways a mile wide and rough as short as European fairways.

MY gut still says the yanks though. I so hope I'm wrong!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ryder Cup thread on 08:23 - Sep 27 with 4289 viewsElHoop

Ryder Cup thread on 13:45 - Sep 24 by loftboy

Looking down our team, on the face of it, it's weak. USA team has an average world ranking of 11, which is apparently the best for a Ryder Cup team since rankings were introduced in 1986 or thereabouts. Justin Thomas came over and played the French Open around the course and did well - never went over par in 4 rounds and finished equal 8th.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018054/leader

Conditions seem to have been similar to what we'll get this weekend. I expect Thomas to play well again and he's my choice for USA top scorer. Noren won the French Open and Rahm did well too, so I'll take those as top Europeans and all three as top scorers overall. Fleetwood missed the cut, which isn't promising given that he's one we will be hoping to score points. Hatton played well but I have a feeling that he'll be buried until it's too late.

The fact that Thomas bothered to come over and did well suggests that the Americans are really up for this, so I'm thinking either an American win or a big American win this time.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 9:16]
Ryder Cup thread on 08:28 - Sep 27 with 4279 viewsWokingR

Getting very excited about this
Sky have been showing the 'Miracle of Medinah' for the last week with different programs from every single players own perspective.
Fantastic stuff
Ryder Cup thread on 11:26 - Sep 27 with 4239 viewsElHoop

Fleetwood has played the course five times apparently - four times he's missed the cut and the other time he won!
Login to get fewer ads

Ryder Cup thread on 18:14 - Sep 27 with 4172 viewshubble

I'll be there on the course tomorrow. Really looking forward to the fourballs. Will probably follow Tiger/Reed v Molinari/Fleetwood. I will report back any shenanigans.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ryder Cup thread on 18:22 - Sep 27 with 4170 viewsSouthend_Rss

Ryder Cup thread on 08:28 - Sep 27 by WokingR

Getting very excited about this
Sky have been showing the 'Miracle of Medinah' for the last week with different programs from every single players own perspective.
Fantastic stuff

Sky are showing Poulters’ take on that right now.. Amazing stuff! Can’t wait for tomorrow and the rest of the weekend!
Ryder Cup thread on 07:33 - Sep 28 with 4071 viewsRs_Holy

I’ve seen some amazing things in the game of golf but Thomas Bjorns wife!!! ....
(Edit - Girlfriend)
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 8:10]
Ryder Cup thread on 08:04 - Sep 28 with 4045 viewshubble

Positioned ourselves above the 4th hole. Insane amount of people here already. Arrived car park 7.20, on the course 8.45. Nuts. Anyway, the first fourball is on its way.

Ryder Cup thread on 09:27 - Sep 28 with 4002 viewsElHoop

Ryder Cup thread on 08:04 - Sep 28 by hubble

Positioned ourselves above the 4th hole. Insane amount of people here already. Arrived car park 7.20, on the course 8.45. Nuts. Anyway, the first fourball is on its way.

There are 50 odd thousand there i believe - that's a lot to be watching four matches!

Can you walk about and see much of the action or do you have to pick and choose and wait for it to come to you?
Ryder Cup thread on 10:37 - Sep 28 with 3973 viewsMick_S

2UP Rose & Rahm v Koepka & Finau (12)

Justin Rose is the $10m man after winning the FedEx Cup and getting the drinks in all week. He might have to get a few more after this. Struggling after finding the bunker from the tee and then dumping his second in deep rough, he chips in for a birdie three. He eve manages to withstand a Jon Rahm chest bump. Incredible!

These pair are on fire.

What a shot!

Ryder Cup thread on 11:11 - Sep 28 with 3935 viewsWokingR

Not sure how I'm supposed to get any work done today with this on.
Wife thinks I'm taking her out tomorrow too.
Ryder Cup thread on 11:16 - Sep 28 with 3923 viewshubble

Ryder Cup thread on 09:27 - Sep 28 by ElHoop

There are 50 odd thousand there i believe - that's a lot to be watching four matches!

Can you walk about and see much of the action or do you have to pick and choose and wait for it to come to you?

You have to find a spot and wait really. Superb view on the 4th, then we found a high spot between the 9th, 10th and 12th, saw that spectacular chop from Rose. Now behind the 16th with a view of the 15th green which looks mad, sticking out into the lake. I brought some decent binoculars so I've had great views of the action. Warming up here in more ways than one. Good crowds, friendly banter.

Ryder Cup thread on 12:45 - Sep 28 with 3885 viewsMick_S

Ryder Cup thread on 11:11 - Sep 28 by WokingR

Not sure how I'm supposed to get any work done today with this on.
Wife thinks I'm taking her out tomorrow too.

Looks like you might as well.

Ryder Cup thread on 14:40 - Sep 28 with 3813 viewsPinnerPaul

Europe right back in it now!

Up in 3, level in the other one.
Ryder Cup thread on 14:43 - Sep 28 with 3809 viewsPinnerPaul

Now up in all 4!
Ryder Cup thread on 16:34 - Sep 28 with 3745 viewsPinnerPaul

Its 4-3 Europe and should be 5-3 soon.

1st time since 1989 Europe have won 4 balls 4-0 (I blame Brexit!)
Ryder Cup thread on 16:37 - Sep 28 with 3743 viewsNorthernr

Bet those lads sitting on the 18th waiting for it all to come in are thrilled.
Ryder Cup thread on 18:38 - Sep 28 with 3663 viewsBlackCrowe

Incredible day. The course is absolutely amazing and superb banking and mounds everywhere - a perfect spectator course.

The yanks looked sick as pigs by mid-afternoon....'we can see you sneaking out....etc etc.

Roll on tomorrow.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ryder Cup thread on 18:51 - Sep 28 with 3652 viewsPinnerPaul

Ryder Cup thread on 16:37 - Sep 28 by Northernr

Bet those lads sitting on the 18th waiting for it all to come in are thrilled.

If you're banking on getting your entertainment on the 18th green in MATCHPLAY, you're always likely to be disappointed!
Ryder Cup thread on 01:17 - Sep 29 with 3578 viewstimcocking

Talk about a high pressure sporting occasion...
Ryder Cup thread on 03:09 - Sep 30 with 3477 viewstimcocking

It's predictable to see media headlines proclaiming USA need a miracle to win now after day two.

A miracle? Really? Is winning 8-4 in matchplay golf or whatever a miracle? How can that guy be writing for the Telegraph?

If you assumed there was an even 50/50 possibility on each match, winning 8 from 12 those are not particularly astronomical odds by any stretch of the imagination! Then there's the fact the Americans have less pressure on them now because of ridiculous articles like this. Then we have the fact the Yanks are ranked higher individually, ie better players theoretically. And, of course, factors like experience and momentum and luck, which will all come into play. And, if fate exists, articles such as these will definitely summon some bad juju for Europe.

So if you ask me, what constitutes "a miracle" for the Telegraph, is actually a pretty good advantage but serious chance of still losing. Twice teams have surrendered such a deficit in the last two decades.

Me, if we were leading 13-3 i'd still be fearful.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 3:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024