Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel Taraabt 21:47 - Jan 2 with 6779 viewsDWQPR

Is this total hollow from The Sun? And should we?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8104414/adel-taarabt-qpr-return/

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Adel Taraabt on 21:55 - Jan 2 with 5251 viewsdaveB

we're under a transfer embargo so unlikely as we can't sign anyone and even less likely when you hear McClaren at the fans forum talking about the attitude of Adel and others when he came here in 2013
Adel Taraabt on 21:58 - Jan 2 with 5229 viewsPunteR

Adel Taraabt on 21:55 - Jan 2 by daveB

we're under a transfer embargo so unlikely as we can't sign anyone and even less likely when you hear McClaren at the fans forum talking about the attitude of Adel and others when he came here in 2013

...and it's The Sun

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Adel Taraabt on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 5225 viewsOakR

Can't see it happening. Our team is so much about spirit, organisation and togetherness, not sure Adel will fit into that. We'd need to change tactics and formation to accommodate him, and that's assuming he is the same player he was. Never mind his wages.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Adel Taraabt on 22:01 - Jan 2 with 5201 viewsdanehoop

Adel Taraabt on 21:59 - Jan 2 by OakR

Can't see it happening. Our team is so much about spirit, organisation and togetherness, not sure Adel will fit into that. We'd need to change tactics and formation to accommodate him, and that's assuming he is the same player he was. Never mind his wages.

Rehash of same speculation that they ran with a few weeks ago, including same quote from M'lud Sean Derry.

Tis a load of nonsense with no attempts to back up the story with any facts. I'd suggest, spun out of desperation to sell advertising or betting or both.

Never knowingly understood

Adel Taraabt on 22:12 - Jan 2 with 5131 viewsTacticalR

On the same page there is also an interview with Joel Lynch talking about his tats.

Air hostess clique

Adel Taraabt on 22:15 - Jan 2 with 5109 viewsaston_hoop

I hope not. Team harmony seems pretty damned good right now and I have great memories of Taarabt's spells here so I don't want either of those things potentially ruined.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Adel Taraabt on 22:15 - Jan 2 with 5099 viewstraininvain

I know it’s 99% likely to be bs and even if it did happen it’d probably end in tears. Never go back etc.

But part of me is having naughty thoughts of Taarabt coming back to tear up this division with Freeman and Eze to help us get promoted for a second time.
Adel Taraabt on 22:35 - Jan 2 with 4998 viewsBoston

Adel Taraabt on 22:12 - Jan 2 by TacticalR

On the same page there is also an interview with Joel Lynch talking about his tats.

He grows potatoes!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Adel Taraabt on 00:09 - Jan 3 with 4744 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Short of quality testing the Balti pies, I can’t see what he’s bring back to the club.

See also Ravel Morrison 2017.

He’s just be taking game time away from a youngster. Otherwise I wish him well.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 0:12]
Adel Taraabt on 00:31 - Jan 3 with 4715 viewsNov77

I would absolutely love it if adel came back!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Adel Taraabt on 07:49 - Jan 3 with 4430 viewspeejaybee

Adel Taraabt on 00:31 - Jan 3 by Nov77

I would absolutely love it if adel came back!

Well thats One.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Adel Taraabt on 07:58 - Jan 3 with 4408 viewslondonscottish

Sunbet clickbait.

Not in a million years.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Adel Taraabt on 08:10 - Jan 3 with 4381 viewsDejR_vu

There’s the lazy, egotistical, overweight Adel that's been knocking around for the last few years and the supremely talented, ambitious version we had who gave us some of the best individual moments and one of the best seasons in living memory. If the latter made an appearance he’s gold dust, but the former seems far more likely. And, even if you were persuaded you’d be getting the latter you’d have to be mindful of the impact on a group who look about as tight a group as I can remember.

I thought Adel was amazing and feel privileged to have watched him whilst he was here. I can’t remember another player that I was genuinely excited to go to a game to see. But, I’d rather not tarnish those memories. Never go back.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Adel Taraabt on 08:17 - Jan 3 with 4362 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Adel Taraabt on 08:10 - Jan 3 by DejR_vu

There’s the lazy, egotistical, overweight Adel that's been knocking around for the last few years and the supremely talented, ambitious version we had who gave us some of the best individual moments and one of the best seasons in living memory. If the latter made an appearance he’s gold dust, but the former seems far more likely. And, even if you were persuaded you’d be getting the latter you’d have to be mindful of the impact on a group who look about as tight a group as I can remember.

I thought Adel was amazing and feel privileged to have watched him whilst he was here. I can’t remember another player that I was genuinely excited to go to a game to see. But, I’d rather not tarnish those memories. Never go back.

The irony of your last line and your user name!

I totally agree though. Fantastic memories but he will surely never recapture that form again. Total waste of talent. Such a shame.
Adel Taraabt on 09:07 - Jan 3 with 4214 viewsdavman

Bearing in mind the stock the club puts on a player's personality and attitude these days and that it was reported in the Sun tells you all you need to know on this one.

If he is coming back to Great Britain, then there is only one Manager that has ever managed him and they surely couldn't say no to Adel right now, could they?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Adel Taraabt on 09:35 - Jan 3 with 4133 viewsfrancisbowles

Only if he has had liposuction and a brain transplant.
Adel Taraabt on 10:46 - Jan 3 with 3908 viewsisawqpratwcity

I reckon his best chance to get himself straight would be to go back under Warnock's care

I'd really love to see him get his career back onto some prospect of fulfilling his potential.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 10:50]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Adel Taraabt on 11:40 - Jan 3 with 3761 viewsToast_R

The guy p*issed the best years of his career away because he was a weak minded fool who surounds himself with hangers on who massage his ego. Why should anyone give him yet another chance to carry on doing the same?

Can destroy a dressing room with a single substitution he doesnt agree with. Avoid like the plague.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 11:42]
Adel Taraabt on 12:28 - Jan 3 with 3636 viewsrunningman75

Waste of talent. Remember us playing dismally against West Ham 2-0 and Adel comes off the bench scores a blinder. We lost 2-1 but what a player. Saying that I would not take him back.
Adel Taraabt on 12:48 - Jan 3 with 3554 viewsTacticalR

I am reading a book by two software engineers at Google, and there's one passage that made me think of Taarabt:

'But even if you are a genius, it turns out that that’s not enough. Geniuses still make mistakes, and having brilliant ideas and elite programming skills doesn’t guarantee that your software will be a hit. What’s going to make or break your career is how well you collaborate with others.'

'The Myth of the Genius Programmer' in 'Debugging Teams' (2015)

Air hostess clique

Adel Taraabt on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 3514 viewsRangers67

I would have him back in a heartbeat. Players like him come along very rarely and he was worth the admission money on his own. Over the years I have been lucky to be able to watch players like Rodney, Stanley, Roy Wegerle, Tony Currie, John Byrne etc etc and Adel is up there with the best of them. Its not often you get to see a player who can get you of your seat with his skill and ability.
Adel Taraabt on 13:06 - Jan 3 with 3471 viewsridethewave

I'd love this. Worse case he just doesn't get in the team.

Can't imagine for a second though that we can get anywhere near the wages he's currently on.
Adel Taraabt on 13:08 - Jan 3 with 3454 viewsdanehoop

Adel Taraabt on 12:56 - Jan 3 by Rangers67

I would have him back in a heartbeat. Players like him come along very rarely and he was worth the admission money on his own. Over the years I have been lucky to be able to watch players like Rodney, Stanley, Roy Wegerle, Tony Currie, John Byrne etc etc and Adel is up there with the best of them. Its not often you get to see a player who can get you of your seat with his skill and ability.

I think that the player we had (aside from attitude) is unlikely to be the player that would come back to us. Equally our team now is based around a squad that fits together well and everyone knows their job and plays to it. If Adel returned it would have to be entirely changed to suit him as we did under Warnock. That hardly seems fair to current squad or well thought through in terms of future planning.

Add to that we probably couldn't afford to pay the wages that he feels he deserves. More likely to end up at Cardiff if he comes back to the UK as he and Warnock know each other and where Warnock knows how to get the best out of the Morrocan maverick in the way that no-one else has ever succeeded in doing.

Never knowingly understood

Adel Taraabt on 14:25 - Jan 3 with 3283 viewsNov77

Amazing isn’t it, on another thread some are ‘celebrating’ our ‘shithousery’, I.e. time wasting. Is that what people pay money to watch nowadays?
I still remember what it was like watching Stan and Tony currie, watching Glenn roeder’s double shuffle making a mug of an opponent, Taarabt brought those memories back, loved watching him.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Adel Taraabt on 14:28 - Jan 3 with 3265 viewsQPR_John

Could have written that myself
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024