Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wots happened to our midfield ? 08:52 - Jan 27 with 3872 viewsRuislipHoop

We have gone from a half decent team to a team who look like they’ve never played the game before.We are now bypassing midfield and going long ball from the first minute.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 08:55 - Jan 27 with 3857 viewsMaggsinho

No Cameron, no Luongo.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 09:10 - Jan 27 with 3791 viewsenfieldargh

Pavel looks like he's forgotten what a ball looks like and what do to with it.

At the moment its fall over your feet.

I love Pav but his recent decent into the abyss is worrying

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 09:21 - Jan 27 with 3759 viewsnix

I think we're definitely missing Luongo but Scowen also isn't anything like the player he was last season. I don't know what the stats are but it seemed like we hardly made a tackle in midfield. There was hardly any press, we just let them walk through our midfield and then tried to tackle about fifteen yards from our penalty area, which is why they had so many free kicks in a dangerous area.

When we were on the attack, we didn't look at all mobile. There was no one showing for the ball between defence and attack so we ended up either going long or giving the ball away. I think we maybe underestimate the amount Luongo provides a link between the two just showing for the ball when we're under pressure. I don't know so well about Cameron as I haven't seen him play as much. Freeman looks a bit off the boil too but he's had to do a tremendous amount of work with Luongo and Cameron gone and yesterday without Eze there to provide a bit of a creative outlet it was maybe an ask too much.

Also Eze wasn't there to take up two defenders for most of the game, so that meant everyone else was more tightly marked.

I noticed our forward players were coming very deep to get the ball, which meant we didn't have anyone in the pen when we put a few decent balls in in the first half. It also meant that they neutralised Wells for much of it.

Oteh didn't play that well yesterday, there were no surging runs like he made at Leeds.

We just generally looked a bit flat, which is a bit worrying as it's been a few games now. Maybe it's partly the hangover after the Christmas period where they played out of their skins.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 09:23 - Jan 27 with 3754 viewsdaveB

thought the midfield did ok in the first half yesterday but whole team was poor in the second half during that first 20 minutes, just invited pressure and were very sloppy with the ball. Going direct when Smith came on worked a lot better yesterday especially in those conditions
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 09:45 - Jan 27 with 3689 viewsRuislipHoop

I’m not a great lover of Luongo but things have definitely changed since he’s been away.I think we miss Cameron.Good job we weren’t playing West Brom yesterday.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 18:04 - Jan 27 with 3143 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 09:45 - Jan 27 by RuislipHoop

I’m not a great lover of Luongo but things have definitely changed since he’s been away.I think we miss Cameron.Good job we weren’t playing West Brom yesterday.

I think we do miss Cameron, but we lost him after the Leeds game and without him, but with Luongo, we had three straight wins and very good performances - Boro, Forest and Ipswich. Since Luongo's gone, the only game we won was against Leeds in the cup, drawing three and losing two.
Fact is, for years we've been better with him in the side. Such an important player for us.

Bare bones.

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 18:57 - Jan 27 with 3044 viewscorse

missing luongo and cameron badly. scowen and manning hardly good enough for championship and cannot link the defence and attack. their reading of the game and communication between is awful and especially scowen has been a real let down this season in the games i ve seen.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 12:33 - Jan 28 with 2747 viewsrobith

I've outlined before I think Scowen is suffering in a role that requires a bit more pressing and passing that breaking up and short distribution.

But I was very disappointed with Manning on Saturday. A long time out, he's a skillful lad and a game begging to be taken by the scruff of the neck - I'm a bit miffed with him for not taking the chance to show what he's about and instead just hoofing it endlessly over his shoulder
Login to get fewer ads

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 13:02 - Jan 28 with 2711 viewsCamberleyR

With Manning I would do what Gerry did with Clive Wilson all those years ago. When Willo came to us, all his career he had been a no better than average midfielder and converted to a superb left back who if you didn't know you'd have thought he'd played there all his career.

We need some cover for Bidwell and may need to replace him if his contract isn't renewed. I can see Manning as a potential replacement.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 13:08 - Jan 28 with 2700 viewsYorkRanger

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 13:02 - Jan 28 by CamberleyR

With Manning I would do what Gerry did with Clive Wilson all those years ago. When Willo came to us, all his career he had been a no better than average midfielder and converted to a superb left back who if you didn't know you'd have thought he'd played there all his career.

We need some cover for Bidwell and may need to replace him if his contract isn't renewed. I can see Manning as a potential replacement.

Good shout that
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 13:18 - Jan 28 with 2674 viewsstevec

When the 4 midfielders lined up for the second half against Preston my first thought was 'hope the wind don't pick up'.

Luongo does add some beef, and Cameron a massive miss as he can tackle, pass and, god forbid, read the game.

Hate to say it, but we really don't function with a 4 man midfield.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 16:10 - Jan 28 with 2557 viewsfrancisbowles

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 13:08 - Jan 28 by YorkRanger

Good shout that

I think that Manning is ok at lb in an emergency but I doubt that he has enough pace to cope there with speedy wingers and the requirement to get up and down the line.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 18:56 - Jan 28 with 2496 viewsCamberleyR

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 16:10 - Jan 28 by francisbowles

I think that Manning is ok at lb in an emergency but I doubt that he has enough pace to cope there with speedy wingers and the requirement to get up and down the line.

I don't think that's especially important. Didn't stop Clint Hill performing pretty well at LB in the Warnock promotion season. I think positioning and reading of the game is more important at full back.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 19:04 - Jan 28 with 2489 viewsRuislipHoop

I think that the midfield situation is having an adverse impact on Nahki Wells.
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 19:24 - Jan 28 with 2460 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 16:10 - Jan 28 by francisbowles

I fear a historic amount of yellow cards and maybe a few red ones too .He is very quick to launch himself into tackles and that is a huge no no at LB.
I think he will return to his usual form after a few more games with our system,thats if he gets another chance of course
Wots happened to our midfield ? on 20:01 - Jan 28 with 2420 viewsenfieldargh

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 19:04 - Jan 28 by RuislipHoop

I think that the midfield situation is having an adverse impact on Nahki Wells.

Agree 100%

Nakki gets nothing to chase and almost is vegatating to the extreme of becoming connoresqe due to starvation of the ball, however he does know where the back of the net is

Welcome back mass

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 09:51 - Jan 29 with 2252 viewsfrancisbowles

Wots happened to our midfield ? on 18:56 - Jan 28 by CamberleyR

I don't think that's especially important. Didn't stop Clint Hill performing pretty well at LB in the Warnock promotion season. I think positioning and reading of the game is more important at full back.

There is obviously truth in that but Clint was a wise old head who knew his capabilities and limits. He was also excellent in the air and played in a defense and team that was really gelling and seemed to get more than a fair share of luck and breaks.

Also, once promoted Warnock got him loaned out almost straight away, so he probably felt that we had managed his lack of pace but were going to have ongoing problems with it. However we all know his replacements never had his character so he kept coming back to save us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024