Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting 11 v Portsmouth 09:28 - Feb 3 with 3081 viewsmacclesfieldman

I'd take Eze, Pavel , Leisner and Scowen out of yesterdays team and play 4 4 2.
Lumley
Cousins Furlong Lynch Bidwell
Bright luongo Hall Freeman
Smith Wells

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 09:35 - Feb 3 with 3060 viewstoboboly

One slight problem is that most of the kids I would have liked to see play have been loaned out. BOS needs to start and also get more game time in the league, great to watch and makes things happen.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:02 - Feb 3 with 2984 viewsmacclesfieldman

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 09:35 - Feb 3 by toboboly

One slight problem is that most of the kids I would have liked to see play have been loaned out. BOS needs to start and also get more game time in the league, great to watch and makes things happen.

Agreed. Most of the loans make sense but Smyth and Oteh should be in the 11 or 16. Disappointed we loaned them out. The 11 now know they will keep their places even when they play poorly.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:31 - Feb 3 with 2938 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’m not sure who of Pompey’s players is available given their loanees. Is there still the rule you have to be at the club for the first tie to play the replay as they have some useful forwards now in Bogle and Vaughan.

I’m convinced Furlong will be a great centre-half and I like Kakay, seemingly more than Steve or anyone else.

Feel a bit for Manning losing his place again immediately when Scowen isn’t offering much. Think he’d be a decent option on the left to allow Freeman to play off Wells if Eze isn’t fit.

Wzolek is in poor form and BOS deserves a chance.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:34 - Feb 3 with 2932 viewsloftboy

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:31 - Feb 3 by Watford_Ranger

I’m not sure who of Pompey’s players is available given their loanees. Is there still the rule you have to be at the club for the first tie to play the replay as they have some useful forwards now in Bogle and Vaughan.

I’m convinced Furlong will be a great centre-half and I like Kakay, seemingly more than Steve or anyone else.

Feel a bit for Manning losing his place again immediately when Scowen isn’t offering much. Think he’d be a decent option on the left to allow Freeman to play off Wells if Eze isn’t fit.

Wzolek is in poor form and BOS deserves a chance.

Yep , definitely the players had to have been available for the original tie.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 07:42 - Feb 4 with 2668 viewssmegma

I'd start with Oteh, Chair and Paul Smyth.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:04 - Feb 4 with 2578 viewsdaveB

I'd put in Bright for Pawel and leave rest of the side the same. Might be tempting to play Smith and go 4-4-2 but think that tends to nullify Freeman when we do that
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:25 - Feb 4 with 2550 viewsParkRoyalR

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:04 - Feb 4 by daveB

I'd put in Bright for Pawel and leave rest of the side the same. Might be tempting to play Smith and go 4-4-2 but think that tends to nullify Freeman when we do that

Agree with all, up to Portsmouth was giving Wzolek benefit of doubt based on experience / defensive cover, but having seen him lose his man so easily there and Bright working so hard defensively at Wigan, I'd start Bright.
Just hope the fans realise in trying to beat his man he will lose possession occasionally and don't give him grief for being brave.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 11:06 - Feb 4 with 2495 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 10:04 - Feb 4 by daveB

Was just thinking the same.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 11:13 - Feb 4 with 2486 viewsDavieQPR

The younger players have been loaned out because the club is looking at the long term. Next year we have £9.60m less income due to the ending of parachute payments. That means we cannot just go and loan players or renew contracts ad hoc. The only way too see if the youngster are good enough is regular competitive games and not as bench warmers.
Hall is not a Defensive Midfielder.Plus we tried 4-4-2 earlier in the season with Wells and Hemed and it did not work.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 11:37 - Feb 4 with 2433 viewsElHoop

Pompey lost three on a trot and finally managed a draw on Saturday in the games before and after the first match. So they're not in any better shape than us. I think that they'll be depleted tomorrow as well, so if we turn up then we should be able to win this.

I think that we need to put out a physically strong side to ensure that any weakness in the selected Pompey side is exploited

Lumley
Furlong Leistner Hall Bidwell
Cousins Luongo
BOS Eze Freeman
Wells
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 13:15 - Feb 4 with 2270 viewsYorkRanger

Playing Hall instead of Scowen isn't the worst idea I've heard.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 15:07 - Feb 4 with 2196 viewsDando

---------------Lumley-----------------

Furlong--Leistner--Hall--Bidwell

Pav ---Luongo--Scowen--Samuel

--------------Freeman------------

----------Wells------------
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 15:11 - Feb 4 with 2185 viewskensalriser

Curious why 442 seems to be a default position to fix any perceived shortcoming. How many times have we played that formation this season?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 15:19 - Feb 4 with 2165 viewsngbqpr

I can understand all the debates about possible player swaps...eg Hall for Lynch, BOS for Pav, Manning for Scowen etc etc - but please let's not change the formation...didn't we want away from Olly / Redknapp style tombolas? If a player is out of form by all means make a personnel switch - but I've actually enjoyed having a settled formation that looks like the whole squad is being coached into for the first time since Warnock.

We'll have bad days / spells due to the squad limitations, but I think we've had enough good ones to show a return to the tombola is not the answer.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 17:48 - Feb 4 with 2071 viewsShunter

Rest Eze & Pav
BOS and Big Smith have to start
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 18:42 - Feb 4 with 2009 viewsPinnerPaul

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 15:11 - Feb 4 by kensalriser

Curious why 442 seems to be a default position to fix any perceived shortcoming. How many times have we played that formation this season?

Plus of course throw in players who haven't played much this season - preferably young ones.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 18:48 - Feb 4 with 2004 viewsDylanP

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 17:48 - Feb 4 by Shunter

Rest Eze & Pav
BOS and Big Smith have to start

Why rest Eze? He barely broke a sweat on Saturday. Apart from a couple of slick shimmies, he was a ghost. Plus, he rarely finishes a whole 90 minutes so its not like he's drained.

Pav does look like he is running down. Its a shame because when he is on, he is great. BOS can be that guy too, so that switch might make sense.

Personally, I think there is no doubt that we should be playing our strongest side. We are not going to do anything in the league this year and the FA Cup offers one chance for something fun this season (especially with so many of the so-called "big" clubs being out of it). Hopefully, Portsmouth, Watford, and others have their eyes on other prizes and will not be playing their strongest sides -- Portsmouth looking for an automatic promotion or even champion finish, Watford looking to get into Europe, etc.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 19:08 - Feb 4 with 1973 viewsElHoop

If it goes to penalties then who takes the penalties?

That has to be some sort of consideration, at least in terms of the subs.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 20:24 - Feb 4 with 1896 viewsWatford_Ranger

Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 19:08 - Feb 4 by ElHoop

If it goes to penalties then who takes the penalties?

That has to be some sort of consideration, at least in terms of the subs.

Depends who’s on the pitch of course but Manning took a few for Rovrum.

Then there’s Bidwell, Freeman, Wells, Eze, Luongo, Scowen. Lynch would probably take one and smash it over.
Starting 11 v Portsmouth on 20:50 - Feb 5 with 1612 viewsNoDiddley

Are you Steve Mcclaren in disguise?👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024