Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence Coach? 23:00 - Nov 9 with 2106 viewsQPR_26

Just wondering who our defence coach is? Is It part of the job spec to concede two goals a game?Passing out from the back is pretty but sometimes (as we saw today) a big fat boot through the ball wouldn’t go amiss.

Don’t get me wrong, this season is truly enjoyable compared to some of the recent stuff we have had to endure . I am sure Mr Warburton is also looking at our leaky defence but one can muse over these things after being at a cold wet Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium and seeing our clumsy defence play tipper tapper.
Defence Coach? on 13:26 - Nov 10 with 1935 viewsstevec

May have been covered but have we ever conceded 2 or more goals in 8 consecutive matches?

I can’t recall this happening in all the time I’ve been coming here.
Defence Coach? on 14:05 - Nov 10 with 1880 viewsEsox_Lucius

Defence Coach? on 13:26 - Nov 10 by stevec

May have been covered but have we ever conceded 2 or more goals in 8 consecutive matches?

It is actually part of the job spec and is due to be picked up on in pre season training next season.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 16:44]

The grass is always greener.

Defence Coach? on 14:12 - Nov 10 with 1866 viewsstevec

Defence Coach? on 14:05 - Nov 10 by Esox_Lucius

It is actually part of the job spec and is due to be picked up on in pre season training next season.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 16:44]

Hugill had better get his shooting boots on then
Defence Coach? on 15:12 - Nov 10 with 1806 viewssmegma

Zest Rehman is the defensive coach I believe.
Defence Coach? on 15:45 - Nov 10 with 1771 viewsBoston

Defence Coach? on 15:12 - Nov 10 by smegma

Zest Rehman is the defensive coach I believe.

Zest huh, we picked a real lemon there.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Defence Coach? on 16:17 - Nov 10 with 1717 viewsSir_Chops

Defence Coach? on 13:26 - Nov 10 by stevec

Yeah, QPR went on quite a run of conceding goals starting with Jan Stejskal's debut (if I remember correctly) up at Leeds United in 1990. At least 2 goals were conceded for 9 consecutive games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990%E2%80%9391_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season
Defence Coach? on 16:41 - Nov 10 with 1687 viewsVancouverHoop

I wondered the same thing on the match thread yesterday. IIRC last season under Mclaren it was John Eustace, but I don't know if that's still the case.
Defence Coach? on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 1655 viewsPinnerPaul

Think its more the system than the defence - teams just seem to find it so easy to get through to the magic 'final third'

Obviously when your forward lays the ball on a plate to their striker, not much the defence or a whole fleet of coaches can do about it!

Or when Eze tried to control a ball coming out of the sky on the edge of his own penalty box WITH HIS HEAD.

The 'No after YOU Claude' moment between Manning and Wallace is also difficult to 'coach out'

Its bloody entertaining though

If you're a pessimist you worry if we stop scoring we're going to get a tanking , if you're an optimist you're dreaming of the that 4-0 stroll!
Login to get fewer ads

Defence Coach? on 17:35 - Nov 10 with 1618 viewsstevec

Defence Coach? on 16:17 - Nov 10 by Sir_Chops

Yeah, QPR went on quite a run of conceding goals starting with Jan Stejskal's debut (if I remember correctly) up at Leeds United in 1990. At least 2 goals were conceded for 9 consecutive games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990%E2%80%9391_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

Blimey, you’re right, remember that run now. Was that when we got Darren Peacock in from Hereford and arrested the slide?

Noticed the words Gus and Caesar mentioned in that squad too.

Have a look at that Wikipedia link, the record of 9 games set by Forest. If we set a new record it’ll be against....... Forest!

Spooky.
Defence Coach? on 20:32 - Nov 10 with 1522 viewsThe_Beast1976

Defence Coach? on 17:35 - Nov 10 by stevec

Blimey, you’re right, remember that run now. Was that when we got Darren Peacock in from Hereford and arrested the slide?

Noticed the words Gus and Caesar mentioned in that squad too.

Have a look at that Wikipedia link, the record of 9 games set by Forest. If we set a new record it’ll be against....... Forest!

Spooky.

Yes I believe that is indeed when we got Peacock (and Tilson) in to arrest the slide. Remember a Gus Caesar inspired 3-0 drubbing away at Wimbledon (my first ever away game) shortly before we signed Peacock
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 20:33]
Defence Coach? on 21:46 - Nov 10 with 1450 viewsdistortR

Defence Coach? on 20:32 - Nov 10 by The_Beast1976

Yes I believe that is indeed when we got Peacock (and Tilson) in to arrest the slide. Remember a Gus Caesar inspired 3-0 drubbing away at Wimbledon (my first ever away game) shortly before we signed Peacock
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 20:33]

was that the run where we lost 2-1 at city, and pissed them off at the end by serenading them with (To the tune of 'blue moon')
"2-1, you only beat us 2-1, and all the others got three, you only beat us 2-1"

could have been 2-0
Defence Coach? on 12:13 - Nov 11 with 1267 viewsrunningman75

We need a solid no nonsense player who can kick it into row Z (Danny Shittu is still under the age of 40 years old).
Defence Coach? on 12:15 - Nov 11 with 1263 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defence Coach? on 21:46 - Nov 10 by distortR

was that the run where we lost 2-1 at city, and pissed them off at the end by serenading them with (To the tune of 'blue moon')
"2-1, you only beat us 2-1, and all the others got three, you only beat us 2-1"

could have been 2-0

That was the game. Think it was Sinton scored for us while we were singing.

"2-0
You only beat us... (Sinton scores)....2-1.."

In fairness, a lot of the City fans clapped that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024