Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Patreon launches today 07:16 - Aug 24 with 17785 viewsNorthernr

Following the overwelming and personally quite humbling response after the West Brom game, we're today launching the LFW Patreon account.

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords

You'll see there are three tiers of subscription. Each tier gets access to our interviews in podcast form. Two hours of Ale Faurlin is on there now for you, and we've got some great guests lined up in the coming weeks and months. Although a lot of you said we didn't really need to do anything extra we've decided to offer this as a reward and thank you for supporting us financially at a tough time for everybody.

Top tier subscriptions also get access to the digital version of AKUTRs. This way we can give Dave some cash as well to support him through the pandemic and help keep that QPR institution going, and you guys get the high quality AKUTRs digital issues as a further reward and thankyou for your support.

This will help us continue to run the website as it is now and has been for 16 years, free to view, at a time when advertising money has fallen through the floor. We need your help to keep going basically.

Some of you also floated the idea of either one off donations, or monthly direct debits. Some of the offers were ridiculously generous so we thank you for that. If you do still want to go down that route then we have a PayPal account here...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=loftforwords%40yah

If you don't want to use PayPal, or you want to discuss sponsorship of match previews and things like that, then DM me seperately.

Massive thanks to Andy Hillman for getting this all up and running, and Harry Yeatman for editing the Faurlin interview for us. And of course to you guys for all your continuing ongoing support.

This post has been edited by an administrator
LFW Patreon launches today on 07:21 - Aug 24 with 8252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, Clive took us seriously...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

LFW Patreon launches today on 07:35 - Aug 24 with 8191 viewsnix

LFW Patreon launches today on 07:21 - Aug 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus, Clive took us seriously...

Lol
LFW Patreon launches today on 07:53 - Aug 24 with 8124 viewsdannyblue

PayPal link not working, at least not for me.
LFW Patreon launches today on 07:55 - Aug 24 with 8110 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 07:53 - Aug 24 by dannyblue

PayPal link not working, at least not for me.

Should work now mate...

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:00 - Aug 24 with 8080 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Paypal worked just now.

oops just seen the other link to paypal. I meant the Patreon one.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 8:11]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:05 - Aug 24 with 8046 viewsdannyblue

LFW Patreon launches today on 07:55 - Aug 24 by Jeff

Should work now mate...

Yep. Thanks
LFW Patreon launches today on 08:38 - Aug 24 with 7896 viewsStanFan

Anyone else having trouble with the credit card payment? Or have I just spent too much on mine?
LFW Patreon launches today on 08:46 - Aug 24 with 7858 viewsenfieldargh

Done, wheres my piece of welcome Cheddar?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:53 - Aug 24 with 7826 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:38 - Aug 24 by StanFan

Anyone else having trouble with the credit card payment? Or have I just spent too much on mine?

Hi Mate, where is the problem with the Credit Card payment - is that within the Patreon itself or when doing a one off PayPal one?

Cheers, Andy

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:59 - Aug 24 with 7796 viewsericgen34

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:53 - Aug 24 by Jeff

Hi Mate, where is the problem with the Credit Card payment - is that within the Patreon itself or when doing a one off PayPal one?

Cheers, Andy

I am trying to pay with my card on https://www.patreon.com/join/LoftForWords/checkout?rid=5651335& and it says 'Your card was declined'

The details for my card are correct though, (as they are saved in Chrome) and it is a french visa card
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:07 - Aug 24 with 7761 viewssexton

There's a typo at the top of the £5 option - 'Offical'.

Clive needs a proofreader.
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 7759 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:59 - Aug 24 by ericgen34

I am trying to pay with my card on https://www.patreon.com/join/LoftForWords/checkout?rid=5651335& and it says 'Your card was declined'

The details for my card are correct though, (as they are saved in Chrome) and it is a french visa card

Thanks, a quick check over Patreon's FAQ and other discussions around this issue suggests that it's not-uncommon and it's a 'bank level' block instead of a problem with the site due to potential fraud.

Seems to also affect other subscription sites such as OnlyFans (ahem ) and similar.

It's a faff, but the advice is to speak to your bank and ensure that there's no block for these types of payment, or you can do a monthly subscription via the PayPal link if it's easier...

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:09 - Aug 24 with 7754 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:07 - Aug 24 by sexton

There's a typo at the top of the £5 option - 'Offical'.

Clive needs a proofreader.

Not any more

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:10 - Aug 24 with 7749 viewsNorthernr

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:08 - Aug 24 by Jeff

Thanks, a quick check over Patreon's FAQ and other discussions around this issue suggests that it's not-uncommon and it's a 'bank level' block instead of a problem with the site due to potential fraud.

Seems to also affect other subscription sites such as OnlyFans (ahem ) and similar.

It's a faff, but the advice is to speak to your bank and ensure that there's no block for these types of payment, or you can do a monthly subscription via the PayPal link if it's easier...

Subscribe to this or we're doing an OnlyFans. Final warning.
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:17 - Aug 24 with 7714 viewsmichaelm13

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:10 - Aug 24 by Northernr

Subscribe to this or we're doing an OnlyFans. Final warning.

Having successfully signed up How do I access all the content including AKUPTRS
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:18 - Aug 24 with 7712 viewsElHoop

If we give you £12 via Patreon it looks as if you'll recieve £10 net of VAT, but if we pay via Paypal will you get the whole £12?
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:19 - Aug 24 with 7703 viewsA40Bosh

Gotta love PayPal.

It helps avoid that moment of .........."sh't, left my wallet upstairs beside the bed........., Sod it! I'll subscribe later"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:19 - Aug 24 with 7703 viewsNorthernr

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:17 - Aug 24 by michaelm13

You'll receive an email from Dave with access, might take a day or so.
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:22 - Aug 24 with 7684 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:17 - Aug 24 by michaelm13

We will forward your details onto Dave Thomas so that he can sign you up to the AKUTR's - we're going to send him all of the email addresses in one go instead of emailing him countless times a day with each new member, so please bear with on that.

there should be under the 'posts' section two posts for the Faurlin interview - you can either listen 'online' or download an MP3 to listen offline...

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:23 - Aug 24 with 7680 viewsericgen34

Weird. I never had this issue before, with any other site. Talking to my bank is a problem, it is almost impossible to get them to answer the phone
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:25 - Aug 24 with 7671 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:18 - Aug 24 by ElHoop

If we give you £12 via Patreon it looks as if you'll recieve £10 net of VAT, but if we pay via Paypal will you get the whole £12?

Paypal takes a fee as well, albeit it's slightly less than Patreon does.

Patreon obviously has it's benefits in terms of the whole platform and posts and from a backend point of view the CRM of the subscribers, but if you want to donate monthly via PayPal i'm sure we can email you the podcasts and set you up with AKUTRS...

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:31 - Aug 24 with 7631 viewsWatfordR

Clive, any chance you could post a link to the original thread please? Would help to remind me what I promised to do!🙄
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:33 - Aug 24 with 7624 viewsJeff

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:31 - Aug 24 by WatfordR

Clive, any chance you could post a link to the original thread please? Would help to remind me what I promised to do!🙄

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/261010/west-brom-

Christ, Clive's working me hard this morning...
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 9:35]

Can we not knock it?

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:44 - Aug 24 with 7551 viewsericgen34

LFW Patreon launches today on 09:23 - Aug 24 by ericgen34

Weird. I never had this issue before, with any other site. Talking to my bank is a problem, it is almost impossible to get them to answer the phone

It worked now. Just needed to try again a few times :-)
LFW Patreon launches today on 09:46 - Aug 24 with 7541 viewsMistication92

LFW Patreon launches today on 08:38 - Aug 24 by StanFan

The confirmation email I just got says the first payment should be taken on Sept 1st. So it might be that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024