Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing Incoming 23:01 - Feb 1 with 3276 viewsaston_hoop

Apparently...club saying the night is not over yet...any ideas?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Signing Incoming on 23:03 - Feb 1 with 3220 viewstkqpr

Luke Freeman?
Signing Incoming on 23:04 - Feb 1 with 3198 viewsLunarJetman

Warburton mentioned there might be something in his post match interview but didn’t give anything away and there’s been nothing since...
Signing Incoming on 23:04 - Feb 1 with 3191 viewsjeffranger

Pritchard?
Signing Incoming on 23:04 - Feb 1 with 3179 viewsLongsufferingR

4 year contract for Wallace?
Signing Incoming on 23:06 - Feb 1 with 3089 viewsLunarJetman

Something rumbling though now..
Signing Incoming on 23:10 - Feb 1 with 2958 viewsrsonist

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/you-make-me-sick-these-leeds-united-fans-had-e

Don't do it!
Signing Incoming on 23:12 - Feb 1 with 2891 viewsHunterhoop

Official website says Sam Field. CM from WBA.
Signing Incoming on 23:14 - Feb 1 with 2805 viewsLunarJetman

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/sam-field-joins-qpr-on-loan/
Login to get fewer ads

Signing Incoming on 23:14 - Feb 1 with 2795 viewsLongsufferingR

Signing Incoming on 23:12 - Feb 1 by Hunterhoop

Official website says Sam Field. CM from WBA.

Seems to have a decent CV
Signing Incoming on 23:15 - Feb 1 with 2755 viewsdannyblue

seem to recall we were after him before
Signing Incoming on 23:16 - Feb 1 with 2722 viewsdaveB

Oh thats less exciting than Luke Freeman but probably more sensible
Signing Incoming on 23:17 - Feb 1 with 2667 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Signing Incoming on 23:14 - Feb 1 by LunarJetman

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/sam-field-joins-qpr-on-loan/

I can't say I know much about the lad but interesting that the club has negotiated a try before they buy deal. I wonder if Charlie put in a good word?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 23:23]
Signing Incoming on 23:22 - Feb 1 with 2487 viewsrsonist

Baggies fans... upset to lose him. What is this sorcery?

Defensive midfielder with a bit of a Luke Amos story.
Signing Incoming on 23:23 - Feb 1 with 2468 viewsnumptydumpty

Not know about him but let's hope decent

Another midfielder hope he can contribute and feel at home

Seems like good business this window considering it's meant be very tough to achieve results in January window

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Signing Incoming on 23:27 - Feb 1 with 2383 viewsaston_hoop

Charlton fans liked him on the rare occasions he was fit to play

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/24060/sam-field?page=1

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Signing Incoming on 23:42 - Feb 1 with 2143 viewsDavieQPR

Out of contract at end of season so just compensation to pay.
Signing Incoming on 23:47 - Feb 1 with 2079 viewsrsonist

Signing Incoming on 23:27 - Feb 1 by aston_hoop

Charlton fans liked him on the rare occasions he was fit to play

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/24060/sam-field?page=1

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=18945.875

Baggies fans saying it's a good move all round, with some regret. Positive vibes to this one.
Signing Incoming on 23:47 - Feb 1 with 2061 viewsRangersw12

Decent age and cheap

Also very low key which usually turn out better for us

Good luck to him., Albion fans seem upset to see him go
Signing Incoming on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 2020 viewsrsonist

Signing Incoming on 23:47 - Feb 1 by rsonist

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=18945.875

Baggies fans saying it's a good move all round, with some regret. Positive vibes to this one.

Incidentally if that last line isn't our club motto I don't know what is.
Signing Incoming on 07:56 - Feb 2 with 1694 viewsNorthernr

Signing Incoming on 23:50 - Feb 1 by rsonist

Incidentally if that last line isn't our club motto I don't know what is.

He seems to be like their Paul Smyth in that a big chunk of the support rate him, like him, think he should be playing, but successive managers do not and chances to prove them wrong out on loan were curtailed by injuries.

The guy we do West Brom interviews with says...

I'm a little bit gutted Sam field has left, and I think a lot of albion fans are too. A player with bags of potential and always seemed to be on the cusp of breaking into the first team. He looked good when he did play. A very tidy central midfielder. In the category for many managers that he was too good to go on loan, but then never got a run of games so sat on the bench if lucky. However he's been super unlucky with a series of injuries, including the one he got on loan at Charlton last year. That said we've now had 6 managers who've not seen anything in him/trusted him to give him a run in the team. He badly needs this loan/move to work to get his career going
Signing Incoming on 08:26 - Feb 2 with 1567 viewsrsonist

Signing Incoming on 07:56 - Feb 2 by Northernr

He seems to be like their Paul Smyth in that a big chunk of the support rate him, like him, think he should be playing, but successive managers do not and chances to prove them wrong out on loan were curtailed by injuries.

The guy we do West Brom interviews with says...

I'm a little bit gutted Sam field has left, and I think a lot of albion fans are too. A player with bags of potential and always seemed to be on the cusp of breaking into the first team. He looked good when he did play. A very tidy central midfielder. In the category for many managers that he was too good to go on loan, but then never got a run of games so sat on the bench if lucky. However he's been super unlucky with a series of injuries, including the one he got on loan at Charlton last year. That said we've now had 6 managers who've not seen anything in him/trusted him to give him a run in the team. He badly needs this loan/move to work to get his career going

Reading about him more this morning and kind of laughing how we've just lasered in on that one rare Carroll/Amos hybrid successor out there. Thoroughly well respected passer of the ball, not an imposing ball winner, defending predominantly through positioning and interception, that no one with their head on the block will commit to, to a soft sad background music of untimely injury misfortune.

Can't help but love the ineffable quixotic stubbornness of Warbsball. People still haven't realised he's madder than Ollie ever was.
Signing Incoming on 08:31 - Feb 2 with 1528 viewsNorthernr

Signing Incoming on 08:26 - Feb 2 by rsonist

Reading about him more this morning and kind of laughing how we've just lasered in on that one rare Carroll/Amos hybrid successor out there. Thoroughly well respected passer of the ball, not an imposing ball winner, defending predominantly through positioning and interception, that no one with their head on the block will commit to, to a soft sad background music of untimely injury misfortune.

Can't help but love the ineffable quixotic stubbornness of Warbsball. People still haven't realised he's madder than Ollie ever was.

First contact. Second ball.
Signing Incoming on 08:33 - Feb 2 with 1515 viewsrsonist

Intrigued by the prospect of him as a left sided option, if that's really a thing. Neither the flying wingback or grizzled stopper we've been asking for, but who knows, maybe an original solution.
Signing Incoming on 08:35 - Feb 2 with 1505 viewsrsonist

Signing Incoming on 08:31 - Feb 2 by Northernr

First contact. Second ball.

The unit splitting pitch geographer we've all been crying out for.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 8:35]
Signing Incoming on 08:46 - Feb 2 with 1431 viewsrsonist

Take Athletic hype and Bilic encouragement with a pinch of salt but:

https://theathletic.co.uk/2071747/2020/09/17/sam-field-west-brom-harrogate-defen

"I spoke to Sam the other day and told him that he gives us something that we don’t have from other players,” said Bilic after last night’s Carabao Cup win against Harrogate Town.

“He is a proper holding midfielder. He’s very good tactically, he keeps his position, he’s very good at slowing the play down, very good at helping the centre-backs when they need it, he’s quite tall so is good at heading the ball and good at tackles, reading balls and opening attacks with a good range of passing.

“He is very good in the defensive phase of the game. That’s why I told him he is staying with us.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024