Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... 15:41 - Apr 1 with 1911 viewsSnipper

....... has passed away aged 32.

May he Rest in Peace.

https://www.skysports.com/share/12262951
Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 19:04 - Apr 8 with 1535 viewsloftboy

Inquest have said he was found hanging, very sad.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 19:15 - Apr 8 with 1506 viewsbosh67

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 19:04 - Apr 8 by loftboy

Inquest have said he was found hanging, very sad.

A total tragedy for him and his family.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 23:25 - Apr 8 with 1319 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh no.
Ar dheis Dé.

Keep talking to each other, lads. Keep talking.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 23:36 - Apr 8 with 1295 viewsMyke

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 23:25 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh no.
Ar dheis Dé.

Keep talking to each other, lads. Keep talking.

This 100%. Have first hand experience of this with my brother -in-law. Lifting him down is an image that will be with me for the rest of my days. All because his ex- girlfriend refused him access to his daughter. There are always ways around problems, no matter how bleak the situation may seem. but only if we talk about them with someone else. The other vital ingredient is that, that 'someone else' takes the time to listen.
Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 23:37 - Apr 8 with 1288 viewsdistortR

RIP fella
Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 23:43 - Apr 8 with 1264 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 23:36 - Apr 8 by Myke

This 100%. Have first hand experience of this with my brother -in-law. Lifting him down is an image that will be with me for the rest of my days. All because his ex- girlfriend refused him access to his daughter. There are always ways around problems, no matter how bleak the situation may seem. but only if we talk about them with someone else. The other vital ingredient is that, that 'someone else' takes the time to listen.

Sympathies, Myke. Heartfelt sympathies,

And wise words.

A great friend, a wise man if ever I met one, always uses the phrase, in a respectful way, that suicide is "a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

In most cases, that's true. And talking to people will nearly always provide other solutions.

Keep talking, lads.

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 03:52 - Apr 9 with 1178 viewsnix

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 23:36 - Apr 8 by Myke

I'm so sorry. How awful for your family and such wise words. Important reminder that we need to listen, even though we might be busy. Also important to remember that those who seem to have it together, often don't and get overlooked.
Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 10:42 - Apr 9 with 958 viewsMyke

Cheers. It's four years ago now (which in itself seems hard to believe) and certainly changed my perspective on suicide. Previously I was quite dismissive of such a 'selfish act'. But when you see the devastation it causes to those left behind and see them trying to make sense of something that really only makes sense to the person who took their own life (and maybe not even to them) it changes your view point.
I try to increase awareness of it and discuss it with my students a good deal. It is worrying how many teenagers have mental health issues and of course Covid has exacerbated the whole thing. But at least young people - and perhaps even more significantly- boys and young men, are much more willing to talk about their feelings than my generation are.
Login to get fewer ads

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 10:59 - Apr 9 with 933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 10:42 - Apr 9 by Myke

Cheers. It's four years ago now (which in itself seems hard to believe) and certainly changed my perspective on suicide. Previously I was quite dismissive of such a 'selfish act'. But when you see the devastation it causes to those left behind and see them trying to make sense of something that really only makes sense to the person who took their own life (and maybe not even to them) it changes your view point.
I try to increase awareness of it and discuss it with my students a good deal. It is worrying how many teenagers have mental health issues and of course Covid has exacerbated the whole thing. But at least young people - and perhaps even more significantly- boys and young men, are much more willing to talk about their feelings than my generation are.

Well done, Myke.

Keep up the good work.

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 12:19 - Apr 9 with 864 viewsnix

Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 10:42 - Apr 9 by Myke

Yes I think you're right about it being more complex. Often people think they're actually making things better for those they've left behind because in that moment they feel they're a burden. I guess it's all about not seeing things clearly at the time. Both my boys have friends who are on ADs/have been seeing therapists/have attempted suicide, and they're 17 and 20. It's widespread. But as you say, unlike in the past, they all talk about it and there is some support out there.

It's fantastic for your students in particular to have a guy to talk to.
Yeovil captain Lee Collins.......... on 14:48 - Apr 9 with 757 viewsaston_hoop

RIP, such a tragedy for a young man with a young family.

As said above, lets keep talking. This is more than just a bunch of football fans talking football, its a community.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024