Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin - it's not about the money 15:54 - Apr 20 with 1082 viewsnumptydumpty

Charlie has been incredibly vocal in stating his anger at this European super League initiative and it being all about money and greed.

I agree with his statement but then if he does join us on likely half the salary we can offer and seen as this is his football home, then provided the club offer him this, from his words his signing for Rangers next season is a given as to just a possibility.

If he signs elsewhere - which I for one would not blame him - but if he turns us down due to money, surely the man can then be said to talk the talk but not walk the walk.

If he did sign for us, clearly a man of honour, but if he goes elsewhere then do people think he needs to look at himself and his own attitudes as opposed to knocking those who simply displaying similar traits to himself.

Fair play if he sticks to his own principles but if he does not, can't say I like him commenting on this project.

It's clearly about money so I hope Charlie's statement increases the probabilities of himself signing for ourselves on a more manageable weekly wage..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Austin - it's not about the money on 16:45 - Apr 20 with 947 viewsrobith

I think there's a slight distinction between maximising your income within an existing framework and tearing said framework up unilaterally to throw everyone else to the dogs for your own enrichment.

Hell, why doesn't he play for free if he likes football so much?
Austin - it's not about the money on 17:23 - Apr 20 with 866 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austin - it's not about the money on 16:45 - Apr 20 by robith

I think there's a slight distinction between maximising your income within an existing framework and tearing said framework up unilaterally to throw everyone else to the dogs for your own enrichment.

Hell, why doesn't he play for free if he likes football so much?

The football version of

‘I see you hate Capitalism but own a iPhone. Interesting’
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 17:24]
Austin - it's not about the money on 17:29 - Apr 20 with 850 viewsPinnerPaul

and anyone tell their employer - " Tell you what, pay me 5 grand a year less" and donate my salary to xyz good causes?

Totally false argument.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024