Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... 08:06 - Apr 20 with 1778 viewssoops

.....I know - a lot of water yet to pass under a hundred bridges, but if it happened:
- would Eze potentially make a starting XI (and do we get any extra cash if it happened)?
- would an England team still be competitive (I don't really keep up with the 'top' league so not sure how deep the talent runs)?
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 08:17 - Apr 20 with 1750 viewsDubaiR

Pickford
Tarkowski Whyte Mings
Arrons Rice James
Prowse EZE
C-Lewin Ings
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 09:06 - Apr 20 with 1658 viewsMaggsinho

I can't see it, you've still got players like Maddison, Sancho, Bellingham and Grealish all ahead of him at the moment.
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 09:18 - Apr 20 with 1646 viewsDubaiR

Forgot a number of players, we could still put a decent side out

Pickford
Peters Tawkowski Mings James
Grealish Rice Bellingham
Sancho Lewin Eze
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 10:06 - Apr 20 with 1587 viewsterryb

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 09:18 - Apr 20 by DubaiR

Forgot a number of players, we could still put a decent side out

Pickford
Peters Tawkowski Mings James
Grealish Rice Bellingham
Sancho Lewin Eze

I'm probably being stupid, but who is this James? The only one I can think of plays for one of the "big six".

Justin would have been a definite until his injury. Grealish, Rice & Bellingham looks a good threesome.
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 10:41 - Apr 20 with 1570 viewsDubaiR

Justin James, not sure when back from injury, the only other LB could think of is Bertrand? Maybe Cresswell from West Ham, assuming he has had a good season given their position.
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 10:52 - Apr 20 with 1546 viewsdaveB

I do think it's a bit unfair to ban players, they really have nothing to do with this decision.
If UEFA and the individual leagues want to stop it they need to withhold prize and tv money
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 10:53 - Apr 20 with 1546 viewsterryb

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 10:41 - Apr 20 by DubaiR

Justin James, not sure when back from injury, the only other LB could think of is Bertrand? Maybe Cresswell from West Ham, assuming he has had a good season given their position.

Doh! I thought Justin was his surname!
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 11:17 - Apr 20 with 1518 viewstoboboly

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 10:52 - Apr 20 by daveB

I do think it's a bit unfair to ban players, they really have nothing to do with this decision.
If UEFA and the individual leagues want to stop it they need to withhold prize and tv money

It isn't unfair though, if players didn't get paid so much and insist on agents this would be less of an issue.

However setting aside the salaries the only way you shoot this down is to say x, y and z are now prohibited for these clubs. That means leagues, domestic cups, any European competition, internationals. It has to be an all or nothing (which it won't be) as if you start to slip on one thing then suddenly the franchise 6 have their way on everything.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 11:36 - Apr 20 with 1468 viewsphilc

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 10:52 - Apr 20 by daveB

If the players play in a non UEFA sanctioned league, then they will no longer be registered to be eligible to play for FIFA or UEFA competitions.

The breach of contract would be with the clubs, I assume that all contracts would have to be rewritten then the players can decide to take the money or be eligible to play for their Countries
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 12:13 - Apr 20 with 1424 viewsLazyFan

One way out for the players is to say they won't play in those Super League games and then UEFA could not ban em from the International games. Would the clubs allow them to do that though? Possibly.

Say Harry Kane says no to Super League games only, plays for England and then gets into his 30's, still useful at Club level and decides to do a Vardy and retire early from international football. Then he can play Super from then on.

Remember the Superclub owners won't care as they get £200m each year just for joining. And no relegation so, if Kane does not play and Spuds are bottom for many seasons that's okay ... that is for the lameness of Super. Not for the fans, but then the owners don't care about the real fans as we know.

I sense this league could end up like the MLS where fallen stars go to ply their trade in the last years of their career for that final payday payoff. At which point it will kill itself.

If in the meantime we can get those clubs kicked out of the pyramid even better as then when they try and come back, if it's been a couple of years I suspect they will be blocked as the money would be now spent on the remaining Prem clubs who will want it ALL, ALL of it for themselves and not risk it falling back into the hands of those breakaway six.

Thus those clubs will fall into the mire of disbandment never to return. A great land site that Chelscum ground is on. Shame if the club closed and they built all over it with expensive hotels. Or Fulham take it over and make sure they never return. Nowhere to go for them then after that.

Maybe it's because I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one!

zzzzzzzzzz

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 14:14 - Apr 20 with 1295 viewsdaveB

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 11:17 - Apr 20 by toboboly

It isn't unfair though, if players didn't get paid so much and insist on agents this would be less of an issue.

However setting aside the salaries the only way you shoot this down is to say x, y and z are now prohibited for these clubs. That means leagues, domestic cups, any European competition, internationals. It has to be an all or nothing (which it won't be) as if you start to slip on one thing then suddenly the franchise 6 have their way on everything.

I just think stopping players playing for their country is a step too far, fine to punish clubs and restrict what they can play in but preventing players from appearing for their countries just seems unfair to me
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 14:25 - Apr 20 with 1275 viewsCLAREMAN1995

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 14:14 - Apr 20 by daveB

I just think stopping players playing for their country is a step too far, fine to punish clubs and restrict what they can play in but preventing players from appearing for their countries just seems unfair to me

I think I agree with this post daveB it seems like a bad way to punish players for a decision made well above their heads.They are basically pawns in a big game and yes wealthy pawns but taking away a chance to play for your Country is a no go.
Kicking City Chelsea and Real Madrid out of the CL semi finals looks like a good idea though.
I think Eze has taken a step back this year in the Palace games I have watched .He cannot shine in that defensive role and until Saha moves on it looks like he is stuck
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 14:36 - Apr 20 with 1254 viewstoboboly

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 14:25 - Apr 20 by CLAREMAN1995

I think I agree with this post daveB it seems like a bad way to punish players for a decision made well above their heads.They are basically pawns in a big game and yes wealthy pawns but taking away a chance to play for your Country is a no go.
Kicking City Chelsea and Real Madrid out of the CL semi finals looks like a good idea though.
I think Eze has taken a step back this year in the Palace games I have watched .He cannot shine in that defensive role and until Saha moves on it looks like he is stuck

I understand what you are both saying and normally would agree, but this is more serious than a few players not being picked against San Marino. It needs to be shown that this will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form and that means that everyone involved in the clubs gets hit.

I would rather protect the other 86 teams than the players of these. And with player power being what it is, if they want to leave these 6 teams they will easily be able to push it through.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 14:38 - Apr 20 with 1251 viewsCliff

If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 14:14 - Apr 20 by daveB

I agree an immediate ban is difficult to see as fair, as the players haven't been given a choice. I think this is being proposed as a bargaining chip aimed at getting dissent within the clubs themselves.

What I think would be a better proposal is to say that players have to make a choice, they can continue to play for their countries for an interim period, say until next January's transfer window closes, any player still playing for a team in an un-sanctioned league is then given a lifetime ban, also new players signing for one of these teams is banned immediately.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 15:32]
If "Super League" players couldn't play for England.... on 15:07 - Apr 20 with 1227 viewsderbyhoop

As players dont seem to have been included in any of the decision making, it would be unfair to penalise them by banning them from internationals.
But, give them 6-12 months to find another club that won't be outside UEFA/FIFA jurisdiction..
Any players joining the 12 clubs get banned immediately.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024