Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road 17:46 - May 28 with 2588 viewsParkRoyalR

Thought legroom or notorious lack of it at Loftus Road merited it own thread having just read the thread on Lee Hoos and the missing 5k.

Recall a big Aussie lad I knew who lived on Loftus Road but opted for Craven Cottage as said as a neutral Loftus Road seats were too uncomfortable to watch football, ended up following Fulham home and away and spending a few quid following them!

So having visited new Tottenham's Stadium for an NFL game, thought of a cost-effective option to improve legroom at Loftus Road, first email to club - no response, second email to club - no response......

So if anyone has Mr Hoos contact details, gives him a polite reminder and ask him to read the email, and, if its not viable, a thanks but no thanks would do!
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 17:52 - May 28 with 2555 viewsTacticalR

Was that the email about people getting their legs shortened?

Air hostess clique

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 18:05 - May 28 with 2520 viewsParkRoyalR

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 17:52 - May 28 by TacticalR

Was that the email about people getting their legs shortened?

Haha, yep, that's the one.........

Plan A - Magician's to trim 4 inches off your legs at the turnstiles or....

Plan B - Just feckin trim 4 inches of the top of the back panel so I have some shin bone left!
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 18:47 - May 28 with 2443 viewsstevec

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 18:05 - May 28 by ParkRoyalR

Haha, yep, that's the one.........

Plan A - Magician's to trim 4 inches off your legs at the turnstiles or....

Plan B - Just feckin trim 4 inches of the top of the back panel so I have some shin bone left!

Ah well done, I’ve been saying that for years, that is literally all it needs, replace with lower backs.

It’s incredible, despite the club knowing we won’t be moving for the foreseeable and beyond, that they refuse to spend something on the infrastructure to provide an acceptable level of seating. To bang on about not being able to fill the ground knowing what they already know is a bit grubby.

I doubt they’ve sold half the seats yet but when my son asked for one aisle seat, we’re both 6 foot plus but as my knees are already a mess I can just about handle a non aisle seat as I’ve got built in grooves in my fckin legs, they said they just don’t have aisle seats available in our area of the ground. Fair enough, but given my son explained the predicament, one which they seemed well versed in, and this info must get back to the higher echelons, they still refuse to do anything about it.

It’s not good enough for Hoos to bang on about the ground but steadfastly do nothing about it.

Keep chasing them up mate, I’ll have a go on Tuesday, enough’s enough.
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 20:39 - May 28 with 2315 viewsNorthernr

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 18:47 - May 28 by stevec

Ah well done, I’ve been saying that for years, that is literally all it needs, replace with lower backs.

It’s incredible, despite the club knowing we won’t be moving for the foreseeable and beyond, that they refuse to spend something on the infrastructure to provide an acceptable level of seating. To bang on about not being able to fill the ground knowing what they already know is a bit grubby.

I doubt they’ve sold half the seats yet but when my son asked for one aisle seat, we’re both 6 foot plus but as my knees are already a mess I can just about handle a non aisle seat as I’ve got built in grooves in my fckin legs, they said they just don’t have aisle seats available in our area of the ground. Fair enough, but given my son explained the predicament, one which they seemed well versed in, and this info must get back to the higher echelons, they still refuse to do anything about it.

It’s not good enough for Hoos to bang on about the ground but steadfastly do nothing about it.

Keep chasing them up mate, I’ll have a go on Tuesday, enough’s enough.

1 - if you take the seat back out/lower it are your knees etc not then just pressing into the back of the guy in front?

2 - anybody who’s ever been in that old away end at Bristol city would tell you backless/low back seats are a baaaaaaaaaad idea.
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 20:42 - May 28 with 2303 viewsMaggsinho

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 20:39 - May 28 by Northernr

1 - if you take the seat back out/lower it are your knees etc not then just pressing into the back of the guy in front?

2 - anybody who’s ever been in that old away end at Bristol city would tell you backless/low back seats are a baaaaaaaaaad idea.

Yeah, I don’t fancy 90 minutes without back support. Must be a safety issue too? If someone takes a tumble there will be no seat backs to break their fall.
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 20:45 - May 28 with 2300 viewsNorthernr

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 20:42 - May 28 by Maggsinho

Yeah, I don’t fancy 90 minutes without back support. Must be a safety issue too? If someone takes a tumble there will be no seat backs to break their fall.

Which is exactly what used to happen whenever *ANYTHING* happened at Ashton Gate. Lean forward expecting the resistance of a seat, find only a spongy human or nothing at all = travelling forward until you find a hard surface. That 2-2 where they scored on 90 and Stewart equalised on 93 was a blood bath.
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 08:31 - May 29 with 2068 viewsTGRRRSSS

Interesting ideas.... clearly backless would lead to trouble, and possibly a law suit the club won't want.

Besides anything I ever hear from Lee Hoos tells me (and I guess coming from above too) they won't be spending anything they don't absolutely have too on Loftus Road.
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 08:47 - May 29 with 2043 viewsstevec

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 20:39 - May 28 by Northernr

Don’t take the seat backs out, just lower them. I’ve had plenty of opportunity to analyse the problem, Matthew Rose injuries, PNE, the entire tenure of JFH, and your knees actually rest either side of the person in fronts shoulders. The seat pressure exerts itself largely on the upper shin bone, fractionally below the knee. Drop the seat back down 5/6 inches and problem solved.

Admittedly the risk of man spreading accusations may go through the roof, but I’d take that just to get some respite for my legs.

Get the Bristol City analogy but if you jump up backwards rather than forwards, the impact of the shoulder on the clown behinds face tends to put paid to any potential downward trajectory.
Login to get fewer ads

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 14:05 - May 29 with 1932 viewsParkRoyalR

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 08:47 - May 29 by stevec

Don’t take the seat backs out, just lower them. I’ve had plenty of opportunity to analyse the problem, Matthew Rose injuries, PNE, the entire tenure of JFH, and your knees actually rest either side of the person in fronts shoulders. The seat pressure exerts itself largely on the upper shin bone, fractionally below the knee. Drop the seat back down 5/6 inches and problem solved.

Admittedly the risk of man spreading accusations may go through the roof, but I’d take that just to get some respite for my legs.

Get the Bristol City analogy but if you jump up backwards rather than forwards, the impact of the shoulder on the clown behinds face tends to put paid to any potential downward trajectory.

Agree, think you could lower maybe even 2 inches and it would'nt affect person sitting in front, and at same time remove nib on top of seat which turns back towards your shin, which is actually the part that's most irritating,

I am sure seating technology has moved on since these seats were installed, and there must be a more modern back panel that does the above and leaves some space either side (an upside down U), where as you say, your knees actually rest either side of the person in front,

Trial South Africa Upper, either side of the Platinum / VIP section - 3,000 seats @ £ 20 each to replace = £ 60k, if it works do the rest of the ground over the next two seasons,
as roughly 250 extra supporters attending all home games would pay for cost to do entire stadium over two seasons,

If Mr Hoos said I've looked at it and it doesn't work or its too expensive, fine - but if anyone has his ear, ask him to look into it, as it does put non-fans off from attending Loftus Road.
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 14:11 - May 29 with 1927 viewsToast_R

Puts me off. When I had a season ticket, I was fortunate enough to be in a bit where everyone stood up all game. Since I only have a membership now, its either an isle seat or I don't go.
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 14:54 - May 29 with 1867 viewsTGRRRSSS

Are they the same seats from back at installation?

Either way even if they're not, assume it's simply an exact replica replacement.

Reality is Gregory built it to pack in as much as he could in the minimum space he could I think.

Oh and keep cutting the costs
[Post edited 29 May 2021 15:07]
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 15:02 - May 29 with 1849 viewsParkRoyalR

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 14:54 - May 29 by TGRRRSSS

Are they the same seats from back at installation?

Either way even if they're not, assume it's simply an exact replica replacement.

Reality is Gregory built it to pack in as much as he could in the minimum space he could I think.

Oh and keep cutting the costs
[Post edited 29 May 2021 15:07]

Maybe, but rows seem actually tighter in new South Stand at White Hart Lane than at Loftus Road, although works as stand is so steep, so seats in front are lower and aren't a problem, convinced it can be improved at ours without spending a fortune
Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 16:41 - May 29 with 1767 viewsBoston

Economy or Premium Economy Seating at Loftus Road on 14:11 - May 29 by Toast_R

Puts me off. When I had a season ticket, I was fortunate enough to be in a bit where everyone stood up all game. Since I only have a membership now, its either an isle seat or I don't go.

Do you have a preferred isle, man?

Replace the seats / backs, with a straight flat option.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 16:41]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024