Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 21:49 - Aug 14 with 2961 viewsBobbi66

Hope we don't lose any players ,looking good
Transfer window on 22:06 - Aug 14 with 2913 viewsCiderwithRsie

I genuinely don't know why people are so worried about us losing players, it seems to eb this year's "we're gonna get relegated"

Six months back most us didn't think we could afford Charlue and Johansen. Instead we signed them plus Field and de Wijs, plus Dozzell, Odubajo, Dunne and Archer (none of 'em on anyone's radar last season that I remember) + McCallum on loan. Clearly the club have put a massive effort into persuading those players to come here despite our low budget. Surely it has been sold on the basis that we're having a bloody good shot at promotion.

I just don't see why e.g. Chair or Dickie would go and almost certainly sit on the bench when they have a decent chance (50:50?) of being Premiership players next year as it is and if they aren't they are both still young and chances are will have increased their value (and improved as players) by a decent campaign under an excellent manager.

Warbs was quite explicit on Football Daily that our players are all on contracts which mean the club is in the driving seat on any deal and "prices will reflect that".
Transfer window on 22:40 - Aug 14 with 2820 viewsMyke

I think second half v Orient, Dickie showed he is some way off Premier league level with his decision making and some of his distribution, not to mention his lack of pace. I think if he has a very solid season with us and we don't get promoted then the Burnley's or Brighton's of the world may take a punt just as we did when he was at Oxford
Transfer window on 23:41 - Aug 14 with 2681 viewsLogman

I think we could lose players yet. The £15m that it would take to prise Chair, Dickie or Dieng is small change to a Watford, Newcastle or Southampton operating on a Premiership budget. But if we do lose them I think we have a bit of cover in those areas and should be able to pick up replacements for £5m.
Transfer window on 01:31 - Aug 15 with 2548 viewsstainrods_elbow

Transfer window on 23:41 - Aug 14 by Logman

I think we could lose players yet. The £15m that it would take to prise Chair, Dickie or Dieng is small change to a Watford, Newcastle or Southampton operating on a Premiership budget. But if we do lose them I think we have a bit of cover in those areas and should be able to pick up replacements for £5m.

Yes, but where does that leave building/gelling a team?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Transfer window on 01:38 - Aug 15 with 2553 viewsCiderwithRsie

Transfer window on 01:31 - Aug 15 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, but where does that leave building/gelling a team?

Exactly.

We are a selling club but I reckon that's been put off this year and I think the players have signed up for that.

Next summer might be different but if so I think we'll try and get it over with quickly so we can bring in the new players fo pre-season
Transfer window on 02:17 - Aug 15 with 2521 viewsDavieQPR

The money we got for the Eze sale means we don't have to sell unless it is a very good offer.
Transfer window on 02:38 - Aug 15 with 2503 viewsMatch82

Transfer window on 02:17 - Aug 15 by DavieQPR

The money we got for the Eze sale means we don't have to sell unless it is a very good offer.

This is the reason I'm relaxed about it. I don't WANT any of our players to go. But I know that if they do, it's going to be for an amount which will allow us to reinvest wisely, not like the days of the past where we got a pittance and had to try and replace them from a free transfer or someone already in the squad.
Transfer window on 04:34 - Aug 15 with 2442 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Every player has his price. If a club offers it and he wants to go, then go he will.

That’s not the question to concern yourselves with. The real issue: if player X goes, how will QPR replace him? As we saw when SLF left, there was no plan, thinking or system in place to deal with what we knew was inevitable. Look at what Spurs did with the Bale cash; frittered most of it on phish.

Now when you look at our recruitment policy and how we’ve handled the Eze money, I think we can proceed with confidence that if player X leaves, then we’ll likely do a good job replacing him. Of course, what would put us under pressure, is if a very late bid came in close to win the TW®️ slams shut!, making replacing a player more challenging.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window on 06:35 - Aug 15 with 2356 viewsNorthantsHoop

It shows how far we have improved, if our players are attracting interest and potential high fees from Premier clubs. As said earlier I think most of our eye catching players are signed up for a go at promotion this season, and if we don't do it and a sizeable fee is on offer then they will be allowed to go.
Good times are happening at the Rangers, drink it up and enjoy the ride, the outlook has not been this optimistic for years. We have a great manager and coaching team, being supported at senior management level by Sir Les and Hoos, the football is a joy to watch and we have players that you feel want to be at QPR on our new journey.
Transfer window on 07:30 - Aug 15 with 2236 viewsdmm

I don't think we'll lose any players in this transfer window for reasons already given. If we did, it would most likely be Dieng, Dickie, Willock or Chair. I'm sure Warburton and the recruitment department have targeted potential replacements for these 4 players and would be able to move quickly should an acceptable offer come in.

The professionalism of our recruitment work has risen to impressive levels over the past couple of seasons and I feel pretty confident in what we're doing.
Transfer window on 08:30 - Aug 15 with 2057 viewsHAYESBOY

There is always a danger that a big offer comes in for a player and that the offer would be accepted. The real issue is the timing. Would we have time left in the window to invest the money.
Would really like to see this squad have a go this year to see where they can finish though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer window on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 2010 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer window on 08:30 - Aug 15 by HAYESBOY

There is always a danger that a big offer comes in for a player and that the offer would be accepted. The real issue is the timing. Would we have time left in the window to invest the money.
Would really like to see this squad have a go this year to see where they can finish though.

This is the point I think - timing.

The club has just invested a lot of money in a lot of players for a clear tilt at the play offs. To sell one of our better players on deadline day would in effect be a waste of the money already invested. If a bid comes in, I suspect we would only sell if we knew we could replace cheaply and quickly. The club should and i’m sure does have targets for all positions, but ideally they will, i suspect, resist all but silly offers.
Next year is more dangerous. I don’t think we’ll go up, which means we could lose several players in one summer… but no point writing about that now!

Bare bones.

Transfer window on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 2010 viewsenfieldargh

Southampton loosing their centre back to Leicester fills me with dread that Dickie will be perfect replacement for them.

Yes we have to accept we'll loose players but please can we see this lot gel into the team and dreams we have before someone goes?

I do believe our recruitment forward planning is so much better than in seasons gone by.

Having said all this Dickie gave the ball away really cheaply 3 or 4 times yesterday

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer window on 08:58 - Aug 15 with 1955 viewsDWQPR

What is being discussed here it seems everyone is forgetting that we are seemingly going down the Brentford route. If 18 months ago anybody would tell you that we would get £20million for Eze and then we would also be talking of four players that between them could yield £50-60million you would think them mad. But that is where we are now folks. Buy cheap, develop, sell high and repeat at a slightly higher level each time. And we have a management team that now seem to be able to spot these rough diamonds and make them into the genuine article combined with our own youth development. If Chair went I would be confident that Bettache could fill his void, Dunne could be the player to step up for Dickie and I’m sure that there are a few decent wingers and keepers around using the funds available to replace Dieng and Willock.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Transfer window on 09:04 - Aug 15 with 1927 viewsenfieldargh

Transfer window on 08:58 - Aug 15 by DWQPR

What is being discussed here it seems everyone is forgetting that we are seemingly going down the Brentford route. If 18 months ago anybody would tell you that we would get £20million for Eze and then we would also be talking of four players that between them could yield £50-60million you would think them mad. But that is where we are now folks. Buy cheap, develop, sell high and repeat at a slightly higher level each time. And we have a management team that now seem to be able to spot these rough diamonds and make them into the genuine article combined with our own youth development. If Chair went I would be confident that Bettache could fill his void, Dunne could be the player to step up for Dickie and I’m sure that there are a few decent wingers and keepers around using the funds available to replace Dieng and Willock.

Yes but I dont like it mummy

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer window on 09:04 - Aug 15 with 1927 viewsozexile

Transfer window on 02:17 - Aug 15 by DavieQPR

I'm pretty sure that was eaten up a long time ago.
Transfer window on 09:07 - Aug 15 with 1914 viewsParkRoyalR

Transfer window on 08:58 - Aug 15 by DWQPR

Bringing a player like Dunne in suggests to me they are expecting bids for Dickie who is class - a big bid (say £20m) and he could go in January, otherwise they'll be in a good position to take a view on lower bids end of season (£10-15m).
Transfer window on 16:06 - Aug 15 with 1588 viewsbarbicanranger

It's hard losing players that are doing great but similar to some of the other posts above, I think that is part and parcel of being successful provided we continue to backfill with youth and spending the money sensibly. I was gutted when we lost Eze and no doubt it would still be great to have him in our side but we've managed to develop Willock and Chair to a point where they are becoming our main threats. Brentford suffered several big player losses (Watkins, Benhrama, etc.) but still maintained the momentum for a promotion push.
Transfer window on 16:12 - Aug 15 with 1557 viewsTacticalR

It's not just about selling. You also need to know when (and who) not to sell.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024