Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 19:41 - Aug 28 with 3922 viewsPetros

Great win today, great start to the season. But does anyone else think Charlie’s lack of fitness is costing us? Dykes made a world of difference when he came on. Why is he so unfit? The toll of all his injuries? Or can he get better?
Charlie on 19:48 - Aug 28 with 3831 viewsHoopstar

It was very noticeable today - he legged it down the field on a counter from a corner in the first few minutes and looked absolutely knackered.

Am sure it will improve a little as the season progresses but definitely looking more like needs to be brought on as a sub against tired defences at the moment in my view as he had no impact against their CBs. Absolutely no service to speak if in the first 55 minutes of course but the difference when Dykes came on was huge as you say.

Still love the bloke and clearly has a big role to play but if 1 up front I'd be starting Dykes as often as possible.
Charlie on 19:48 - Aug 28 with 3828 viewsQPR_John

There is something wrong. Whether it’s fitness or injury who knows
Charlie on 20:14 - Aug 28 with 3602 viewsWestonsuperR

I’ve thought this throughout the season, I am sure Austin will get us a few goals purely on his ability but fitness definitely seems a problem
Charlie on 20:25 - Aug 28 with 3495 viewsAntti_Heinola

Even last time he was here he was a slow starter in august. He’ll be fine.

Bare bones.

Charlie on 20:28 - Aug 28 with 3460 viewsNorthantsHoop

No worries he is a talisman. Battling in the penalty area led to Barbet's goal. In Charlie we trust.
Charlie on 20:34 - Aug 28 with 3399 viewsToast_R

He will score goals at the level, we saw that against Barnsley. One bit of movement to get away from his marker and saves us a loss. Can't think of anyone else I'd rather have leading the line. Still think him with Dykes together is the best approach.
Charlie on 20:52 - Aug 28 with 3285 viewsSharpy36

Charlie on 20:34 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

He will score goals at the level, we saw that against Barnsley. One bit of movement to get away from his marker and saves us a loss. Can't think of anyone else I'd rather have leading the line. Still think him with Dykes together is the best approach.

Have to agree. Charlie very isolated today and clearly works better with Lyndon besides him.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Charlie on 21:13 - Aug 28 with 3119 viewsHastings_Hoops

I’ve posted a number of times elsewhere, my personal view is that Austin would always be supporting role / coach to dykes.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 21:28 - Aug 28 with 3005 viewsslmrstid

Stick Charlie in and around the penalty box and he will score. Best all round striker I've ever seen for QPR.

All round footballer though...never been the strongest in my view and he's definitely lost a yard of pace (and he never had much to begin with!)

BUT...as Barnsley showed last week...stick him in the right place and he will deliver.

I'm certain he has a huge role to play, his presence alone gives us something extra.
Charlie on 21:37 - Aug 28 with 2942 viewsArcticHoop

Charlie is a fox in the box. Just look at his goals this season, including pre-season. All were where the goalscorers score goals. Just keep delivering balls in the area and he will score 15+ goals this season again
Charlie on 22:12 - Aug 28 with 2685 viewsgazza1

It has been very tough for CA over the last couple of matches.......
Charlie on 23:35 - Aug 28 with 2405 viewsGloryHunter

Charlie did brilliantly to retrieve the ball and get it back in for Barbet's goal. Don't know why he's not being credited with an assist for that.
Charlie on 00:18 - Aug 29 with 2273 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nothing a few weeks diverting to the salad bar wouldn’t assist. His overall fitness is not there by some margin and if/when he gets leaner and fitter, the prospect of CA coming off the bench will put the sh1ts up most teams in the Championship.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie on 00:48 - Aug 29 with 2194 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Some of us questioned his fitness level when he signed on loan but never his desire or passion or ability to bury the half chance and that is still the case .
Signing a contract is a major difference than a loan deal to bail a club out and he does look slightly injured to my eyes but still has the cutness to find the space and score the goals .
Not totally confident he will survive the brutal winter schedule but if managrd correctly he is still a vital cog in our machine
Charlie on 05:20 - Aug 29 with 1982 viewsSydneyRs

Not dissimilar to what was being said about Wallace last year, hopefully with a similar improvement ahead.
Charlie on 06:59 - Aug 29 with 1852 viewssevenhoop

Charlie on 19:48 - Aug 28 by QPR_John

There is something wrong. Whether it’s fitness or injury who knows

He picked up what looked like a nasty knee injury first game and I was amazed to see him carry on. Hope the next two weeks will give him time to recover well. He’s a massive asset and the Duffey he has made to Dykes and our mentality is huge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024