Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New U23 signing 13:33 - Sep 7 with 1703 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/qpr-under-23s-sign-brandon-aveiro/
New U23 signing on 14:06 - Sep 7 with 1601 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New U23 signing on 15:45 - Sep 7 with 1368 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Palace have spotted good youngsters before. Let us hope this is another of them.
New U23 signing on 16:46 - Sep 7 with 1271 viewsdmm

Looks like he might be next on our tiny creative ACM player production line
New U23 signing on 16:59 - Sep 7 with 1238 viewsDavieQPR

That's why I say 'why have an academy?' We don't produce our own players but tend to get them from elsewhere when they are overage. Kakay is the only one we have produced lately ( we got Lumley from Spurs)
New U23 signing on 17:13 - Sep 7 with 1192 viewsstainrods_elbow

New U23 signing on 16:59 - Sep 7 by DavieQPR

That's why I say 'why have an academy?' We don't produce our own players but tend to get them from elsewhere when they are overage. Kakay is the only one we have produced lately ( we got Lumley from Spurs)

Yes, football's got so much more wonderful for fans over the near half-decade I've been following the club through thick and thin. Thank god those days are gone when you could watch the likes of Clive Allen and Paul Goddard scoring for fun through the youth and reserve squads, often on the same day of the game, follow the stats in the club programme, and feel like you were supporting a proper, joined-up football club, rather than subscribing to a dog-eat-dog digitised business in which fans (thanks to a near criminal coalition of the PL, EFL and Sky) often seem to be an afterthought and inconvenience, topped of by the fans themselves colluding in their own downfall (shall we call this a footballing case of Stockhausen Syndrome?) by decrying the value of an academy at all, as obviously we should all operating as though we were just playing Monopoly.

Gives you a lovely warm feeling inside, doncha all agree?

If Clive is right and all of that's romantic claptrap over neoliberal pragmatism, I'd gladly have a Hoop-on-Hoop fight about it in a nice pub (and a friendly drink-up after at my own expsense). I thank my blue and white stars every day I'm still a Romantic.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

New U23 signing on 17:39 - Sep 7 with 1128 viewsBklynRanger

Palace mate says he had a good reputation there, called up to one of the Portuguese youth teams recently, a lot of raw potential. Get 'im in the microwave Chris.
New U23 signing on 17:57 - Sep 7 with 1072 viewsqpr1976

New U23 signing on 17:39 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

Palace mate says he had a good reputation there, called up to one of the Portuguese youth teams recently, a lot of raw potential. Get 'im in the microwave Chris.

Any idea where he plays (on the pitch) ?
Apologies if I missed it being mentioned.
New U23 signing on 18:14 - Sep 7 with 1029 viewsBklynRanger

New U23 signing on 17:57 - Sep 7 by qpr1976

Any idea where he plays (on the pitch) ?
Apologies if I missed it being mentioned.

Striker/winger apparently. Think the offish says winger.
Login to get fewer ads

New U23 signing on 18:17 - Sep 7 with 1017 viewshantssi

New U23 signing on 17:13 - Sep 7 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, football's got so much more wonderful for fans over the near half-decade I've been following the club through thick and thin. Thank god those days are gone when you could watch the likes of Clive Allen and Paul Goddard scoring for fun through the youth and reserve squads, often on the same day of the game, follow the stats in the club programme, and feel like you were supporting a proper, joined-up football club, rather than subscribing to a dog-eat-dog digitised business in which fans (thanks to a near criminal coalition of the PL, EFL and Sky) often seem to be an afterthought and inconvenience, topped of by the fans themselves colluding in their own downfall (shall we call this a footballing case of Stockhausen Syndrome?) by decrying the value of an academy at all, as obviously we should all operating as though we were just playing Monopoly.

Gives you a lovely warm feeling inside, doncha all agree?

If Clive is right and all of that's romantic claptrap over neoliberal pragmatism, I'd gladly have a Hoop-on-Hoop fight about it in a nice pub (and a friendly drink-up after at my own expsense). I thank my blue and white stars every day I'm still a Romantic.

I tend to agree with you there, after all if no clubs at all had academies where would the new generation of players come from?
Mind you Stainrod, only been supporting the R’s for 5 years? 😜
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024