Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend United. 13:13 - Oct 4 with 3404 viewsted_hendrix

WTF Is happening there? I didn't even know that they were relegated to the National League where they are currently in the relegation zone, Phil Brown (the sun tanned one) is the Manager.
Haven't been to Roots Hall for yonks, last time I was there we won 1-0 with a late goal, don't look like we'll be going back anytime soon.

There but for the grace of god and all that wonky.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Southend United. on 13:30 - Oct 4 with 3287 viewsR_from_afar

The chairman apparently confronted the fans who were chanting that he had to go

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Southend United. on 14:51 - Oct 4 with 3039 viewswombat

Southend United. on 13:30 - Oct 4 by R_from_afar

same , prob been there twice horrible ground to be honest

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Southend United. on 15:22 - Oct 4 with 2969 viewsPBLOCK

Well where do you start.

I live near Southend and took my little boy there about a month ago for his first live game as a test to take him to Loftus Road, we live a 20 minute walk away from the ground (they drew 2-2 with Ryan Reynolds Wrexham)

The club is in dire straits to put it bluntly. The Chairman Ron Martin has been in charge for about 15-20 years and has basically been banking on Fossets Farm through out the whole of his tenure. FF is an out of town development to build Southend a new stadium about 1-2 miles from Roots Hall. This whole plan has been in the offing for about 30years. At one point the plans were Stadium, hotel, Cinema and Shopping Centre. The last i heard it’s now a 3 sided stadium with residential.

They were going well a few years back under Phil Brown but had one of the higher wage bills in League 1 (Anton Ferdinand Michael Turner and a few other ex premier league / Championship players, they missed the play offs and Brown got the bullet. In cane Chris Powell who is a Southend Legend and although not doing brilliantly they weren’t doing great either this is when the real problems started. Powell got sacked and they brought in Kevin ‘Bondy’ Bond off of a Harry Redknapp recommendation he kept them up on the last game of the season when they beat Sunderland and he was then rewarded with the job permanently.

Start of the following season they were struggling massively and he got sacked. Gary Waddick was caretaker for a bit and then the Chairman had lined up Henrik Larson to be the Manager all seemed to be signed and it was rumoured that Larson getting the job was almost a vehicle to buy the club along with some other ex professionals. All of a sudden it was off so Sol Campbell who had interviewed and been declined when they wanted to give it to Larson was appointed. Campbell had done a great job at Macclesfield does have shall we say a high opinion of himself and his tenure was a bit of a disaster but in his defence they were under transfer embargo and were in the high court faced with paying HMRC, players weren’t getting paid and they had a terrible season hardly won a game and got relegated to League 2.

Start of last season they appointed a young Manager called Mark Moseley who had coached under Eddie Howe At Bournemouth and who had won one if not two promotions with Weymouth. The season started badly and went from there again he was hamstrung by being under embargo but with them looking at falling out of the football league they sacked him and brought back Phil Brown with 7/8 games to go but they ultimately got relegated along with Grimsby

Brown has had a fairly busy summer bringing in around 8/9 new players but apart from a few young loans and the striker Dalby most are north of 30 and it quite simply hasn’t worked. They won the opening game and had a decent draw with Wrexham but it’s getting worse. The chairman went to address the fans halfway through the game on Saturday and got pellets resulting in the Solihull Moors security moving him along

Stan Collymore (another Southend legend)was trying to get involved in the summer but that came to nothing

The chairman is charging the club to use Roots Hall and the club (pre covid) is losing a couple of million a year, the chairman doesn’t want to sell as he is banking on the property deal to make a decent profit but as it stands what he would want to sell the club is well over what it’s worth as he is ‘owed’ a lot of money

It’s a total mess and I feel sorry for the supporters but it won’t change while Martin is in charge
Southend United. on 17:15 - Oct 4 with 2805 viewsozranger

Southend United. on 13:30 - Oct 4 by R_from_afar

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=214127880652059

from a recent game
Southend United. on 19:36 - Oct 4 with 2572 views81A

Southend United. on 17:15 - Oct 4 by ozranger

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=214127880652059

from a recent game

I saw them versus Wealdstone a couple of weeks ago and they were a shambles; pulling out of 50/50 challenges, jogging around, completely disinterested. Phil Brown gotta be out soon.
Southend United. on 20:10 - Oct 4 with 2462 viewsMick_S

Wealdstone live on bt sport tomorrow night for anyone interested.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Southend United. on 10:09 - Oct 5 with 2080 viewsloftboy

They’ve draw. Chertsey Town in the 4th qualifying round of the FA cup.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Southend United. on 22:56 - Oct 5 with 1787 viewsBoston

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58715432

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Southend United. on 23:01 - Oct 5 with 1775 viewsenfieldargh

Southend United. on 22:56 - Oct 5 by Boston

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58715432

Kargbo started & got an hour under his belt

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT