Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Banfield 09:23 - Feb 12 with 2724 viewsStreathamRanger

Great article about Neil Banfield. More positive press for the club and definitely worth a read
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/neil-banfield-interview-qpr-arsenal
Neil Banfield on 09:33 - Feb 12 with 2667 viewsQPRSteve

Thanks for posting. Interesting read, especially his involvement in getting Chris Willock to sign.
Neil Banfield on 09:43 - Feb 12 with 2629 viewsStreathamRanger

Neil Banfield on 09:33 - Feb 12 by QPRSteve

Thanks for posting. Interesting read, especially his involvement in getting Chris Willock to sign.

Yes. You can see how much Willock has developed since coming here. That should be a good selling point for other young players with potential.

Interestingly, a few friends have kids in academies around London. We're South London so most are with Fulham, Chelsea or Palace. One boy is at Charlton and their youth set up seems to be one of the better ones. They tell me about when their kids play other London teams and it always seems like QPR youth teams are one of the weakest. The new training ground is going to be so important when it comes to improving this. Parents with talented kids have so much choice when it comes to academies. You have to stand out from the crowd. We've got a long way to go to catch up with even Fulham and Palace but it's not impossible.
Neil Banfield on 09:51 - Feb 12 with 2593 viewsdublinr

Thanks for posting SR. I enjoyed that.

Neil Banfield on 10:09 - Feb 12 with 2515 viewsdmm

I know I'm being lazy but as registration is required to read, any chance of a copy and paste here?
Neil Banfield on 10:10 - Feb 12 with 2511 viewsPunteR

Anyone know what happened to Smegma on here. Used to keep us pretty well informed about the youth set up. ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Neil Banfield on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 2484 viewsEsox_Lucius

Neil Banfield on 10:10 - Feb 12 by PunteR

Anyone know what happened to Smegma on here. Used to keep us pretty well informed about the youth set up. ?

He was ill for a while and didn't post anywhere. He now posts his youth team reports on FB. Independent R's I think.

The grass is always greener.

Neil Banfield on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 2487 viewsGuppy

Neil Banfield on 10:09 - Feb 12 by dmm

I know I'm being lazy but as registration is required to read, any chance of a copy and paste here?

on the registration bit just click the I`ll try later button and you are able to view - well it worked for me
Neil Banfield on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 2351 viewsTacticalR

Neil Banfield on 10:09 - Feb 12 by dmm

You can register, but without getting a subscription (I always use a separate email address to register so I don't get any spam on my main email address). That should allow you to read the article.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Banfield on 11:00 - Feb 12 with 2328 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks for that. For Gnabry to have sent him that shirt says a lot, as does his very humble reaction to it.

The only negative I could find in the whole article was I think that may have been Barbet standing over that free kick.
Neil Banfield on 11:38 - Feb 12 with 2194 viewsdmm

Loved that article and I'm pleased it's been written as he's not often acknowledged. Banfield is clearly a very important part of the set up at QPR and we're fortunate to have him.
Neil Banfield on 12:06 - Feb 12 with 2087 viewsEsox_Lucius

Neil Banfield on 11:38 - Feb 12 by dmm

Loved that article and I'm pleased it's been written as he's not often acknowledged. Banfield is clearly a very important part of the set up at QPR and we're fortunate to have him.

When QPR posted the team pic on Twitter I noticed Neil missing and posted a question regarding why wasn't he in the team photo. QPR posted back almost immediately that he had been sick on the day of the photoshoot. There can't be many teams with such a good set up as MW, Eustace & Banfield in this league.

The grass is always greener.

Neil Banfield on 13:40 - Feb 12 with 1903 viewsLogman

Good article. I think the plan to move the ball quickly is very important and one that is going to become even more important if we are to progress even further.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024