Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expectations for this season? 11:18 - Jul 6 with 3919 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Expectations for this season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Reading some opinions on here that the close season might not have us ready for Blackburn away. I was wondering what most people are expecting from this season. It’s a tricky one to predict for me but I think somewhere in the middle top 10 at best. I quite like the way that Beale has gone about business so far. Concerns are that nobody looks particularly happy in the videos I’ve seen.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 11:26]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Expectations for this season? on 12:28 - Jul 6 with 3384 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Champions. I am prepared to accept runners up on condition of a Wembley cup win.

Anything less, and MB goes.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Expectations for this season? on 12:43 - Jul 6 with 3327 viewsconnell10

Don't look happy ? Odd comment., it's preseason training no one likes that I would think!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Expectations for this season? on 12:54 - Jul 6 with 3294 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Expectations for this season? on 12:43 - Jul 6 by connell10

Don't look happy ? Odd comment., it's preseason training no one likes that I would think!!

Everyone loved “the hill from hell” didn’t they?

Yeh probably shouldn’t have said that it’s pure conjecture on my part.

Expectations for this season? on 13:26 - Jul 6 with 3200 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I did a functional fitness class last night which was horrible and i told the PT at the end that it was the best class he'd done but i hated him for it! My face at the time was in worlds of pain so I would echo the sentiment that as pro athletes/footballers they might not necessarily like the sessions being put on but like I could see the value that they bring.

I'm more interested in the style and progressive football stamp that he's looking to put on the team, if he's a good a coach as has been suggested it could be exciting to watch...
Expectations for this season? on 16:24 - Jul 6 with 3022 viewsDavieQPR

Ask me again when all the squads are finalised.
Expectations for this season? on 16:33 - Jul 6 with 3005 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Expectations for this season? on 16:24 - Jul 6 by DavieQPR

Ask me again when all the squads are finalised.

I was just looking for trends really. Out of a small sample (35-40 people) it seems most people aren’t expecting much more than mid-table

Expectations for this season? on 16:38 - Jul 6 with 2978 viewsdaveB

boring answer but not got a clue where we will finish. If we get signings right anything is possible, if we get them wrong we could struggle. Similar to season before last I'm not really sure what to expect at the moment
Expectations for this season? on 00:39 - Jul 7 with 2701 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Expectations for this season? on 12:54 - Jul 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Everyone loved “the hill from hell” didn’t they?

Yeh probably shouldn’t have said that it’s pure conjecture on my part.

I watched the latest QPR training video not on my computer this time but on my TV and Jimmy Dunne looked very happy
The intensity appears to be very high espiceally the finishing drills , but I cannot tell if its any faster that under MW .
Login to get fewer ads

Expectations for this season? on 00:53 - Jul 7 with 2700 viewsDejR_vu

Expectations for this season? on 00:39 - Jul 7 by CLAREMAN1995

I watched the latest QPR training video not on my computer this time but on my TV and Jimmy Dunne looked very happy
The intensity appears to be very high espiceally the finishing drills , but I cannot tell if its any faster that under MW .

Apparently, because we finished in a lower league position last year than the year before, we went backwards according to many. And, MW’s contract was not renewed because we didn’t get into the playoffs. On that basis, surely the Board must be demanding we get into the playoffs. Why would you demand one manager gets you into the playoffs but not make that same demand of the next one? Surely, you make a change to improve, otherwise what’s the point?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Expectations for this season? on 01:04 - Jul 7 with 2693 viewseastside_r

Expectations for this season? on 00:53 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

Apparently, because we finished in a lower league position last year than the year before, we went backwards according to many. And, MW’s contract was not renewed because we didn’t get into the playoffs. On that basis, surely the Board must be demanding we get into the playoffs. Why would you demand one manager gets you into the playoffs but not make that same demand of the next one? Surely, you make a change to improve, otherwise what’s the point?

Sorry but that is nonsense..

There is a debate to be had whether MW should have been retained, but that argument is bollox.
Expectations for this season? on 01:10 - Jul 7 with 2674 viewsDejR_vu

Expectations for this season? on 01:04 - Jul 7 by eastside_r

There is a debate to be had whether MW should have been retained, but that argument is bollox.

Impressive argument, eloquently put, well done. 🥴

Expectations for this season? on 01:19 - Jul 7 with 2647 viewseastside_r

Expectations for this season? on 01:10 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

Impressive argument, eloquently put, well done. 🥴

Well done for being patronising.

Your argument is still rubbish!
Expectations for this season? on 01:20 - Jul 7 with 2638 viewseastside_r

Expectations for this season? on 01:19 - Jul 7 by eastside_r

Just read back what you posted.
Expectations for this season? on 01:25 - Jul 7 with 2620 viewsDejR_vu

Expectations for this season? on 01:19 - Jul 7 by eastside_r

Quote “that argument is bollocks”

And you’re worried about being patronised. Er, okay then.

Your second response is every bit as compelling as your first btw. We’ll done again.

Expectations for this season? on 06:02 - Jul 7 with 2540 viewsHunterhoop

Expectations for this season? on 00:53 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

Expectations change if the budget changes.

MW was backed with a budget above what we could afford and large than we can maintain whilst meeting FFP. He obtained that financial backing in return for top 6. He agreed the target and resource equation. He fell well short of the target.

If Beale has a smaller, more sustainable budget to operate with, it is entirely logical his objectives will be different.
Expectations for this season? on 06:04 - Jul 7 with 2540 viewsnumptydumpty

Expectations for this season? on 01:04 - Jul 7 by eastside_r

Unfortunately chap you saying the argument that a change from Warburton to new manager so that we can improve otherwise why change tbf that argument is not bollox, as you say !!!!

Getting rid for someone who you have less expectations for, if that is indeed the case, then it is that argument that is indeed bollox, a la your eloquent terminology !!!

I think personally change happened because Warburton did not engage as much with youth and this guy says he will but they still want us in and around play offs.

But then apparently that argument is bollox !!

Well said that man.

😆
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 6:07]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Expectations for this season? on 07:01 - Jul 7 with 2473 viewsnix

Expectations for this season? on 06:02 - Jul 7 by Hunterhoop

MW was backed with a budget above what we could afford and large than we can maintain whilst meeting FFP. He obtained that financial backing in return for top 6. He agreed the target and resource equation. He fell well short of the target.

If Beale has a smaller, more sustainable budget to operate with, it is entirely logical his objectives will be different.

This is part of it.

i also think they will give a new guy two seasons at least to bed his ideas in, bring his own players in and settle them in before making a judgement. Warbs had three seasons, and I don't think the board would have sacked him after one unless we were really fighting relegation.

I don't think Warbs did enough to bring on the younger players. I don't just mean the U23s who might never make it, I mean the first team youngsters. If anything Chair and Dickie went backwards a bit last season, Dozzell didn't markedly improve and Sanderson (albeit on loan) seemed to get significantly worse.

I liked Warbs but trying to be objective he didn't sufficiently meet his briefs of either play offs or player development.
Expectations for this season? on 08:24 - Jul 7 with 2391 viewsDejR_vu

Expectations for this season? on 06:02 - Jul 7 by Hunterhoop

Fair

Expectations for this season? on 08:36 - Jul 7 with 2365 viewsDejR_vu

Expectations for this season? on 07:01 - Jul 7 by nix

This is part of it.

i also think they will give a new guy two seasons at least to bed his ideas in, bring his own players in and settle them in before making a judgement. Warbs had three seasons, and I don't think the board would have sacked him after one unless we were really fighting relegation.

I don't think Warbs did enough to bring on the younger players. I don't just mean the U23s who might never make it, I mean the first team youngsters. If anything Chair and Dickie went backwards a bit last season, Dozzell didn't markedly improve and Sanderson (albeit on loan) seemed to get significantly worse.

I liked Warbs but trying to be objective he didn't sufficiently meet his briefs of either play offs or player development.

I think, on the whole, Chair and Dickie have progressed quite nicely under MW. All players have dips in form, and the end of the season was difficult for just about everyone. I think the impact of the injuries, on the entire side, was a genuine issue. Not so much the list of injuries, every club has them, but the severity of those injuries and to the number of key players. I would have thought any club would have struggled and with a relatively thin squad, in terms of quality replacements, it hit us harder than it would have other clubs.

Agree on Sanderson, not sure either way on Dozzell.

I just think the decision to change Manager / Head Coach was made for the wrong reasons.

Expectations for this season? on 09:20 - Jul 7 with 2267 viewsed_83

I think our aim has to be staying in touch with teams at the top end of the table while playing decent football, developing sellable assets and keeping below FFP. Take Gray, Austin, Barbet etc out of the team, finish top half of the table and get a big £15m+ sale in the summer and I’d be happy. Anything close to the playoffs and I’d be delighted, although I think that’s also entirely possible if we recruit smartly & get the squad playing as well as we know it can.
Expectations for this season? on 09:41 - Jul 7 with 2226 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Expectations for this season? on 00:39 - Jul 7 by CLAREMAN1995

I agree watching the training videos, the intensity does look very high. Almost match level intensity. As you say whether it’s any more than what went before is hard to say. Michael Beale often talks about the importance of presentation so it might just be that they’re doing that differently now.

Expectations for this season? on 09:55 - Jul 7 with 2199 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Expectations for this season? on 08:36 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

I think, on the whole, Chair and Dickie have progressed quite nicely under MW. All players have dips in form, and the end of the season was difficult for just about everyone. I think the impact of the injuries, on the entire side, was a genuine issue. Not so much the list of injuries, every club has them, but the severity of those injuries and to the number of key players. I would have thought any club would have struggled and with a relatively thin squad, in terms of quality replacements, it hit us harder than it would have other clubs.

Agree on Sanderson, not sure either way on Dozzell.

I just think the decision to change Manager / Head Coach was made for the wrong reasons.

I think you have to look at the new training ground set-up with DOF/head coach/recruitment/development coaches all together. If rumours are correct and there was a divide, a break down in relationships at the top, then you can see why there had to be changes. Whether the correct changes were made only time will tell.

Expectations for this season? on 14:05 - Jul 8 with 1857 viewsstanistheman

Need to see how the squad develops to have a better feel of how QPR will fare this season. At the moment we are a bit light in our squad having released or not been able to retain Austin, Barbet, Ball, Gray, Wallace and Odebajo (even though I didn't rate him).

We look to have replaced Wallace & Barbet. In my opinion Roberts is not an out and out striker like Austin or Gray. I also doubt that Bonne will stay, so we still need at least one other striker. Another defensive midfielder as cover for Field would be good and might even prove vital.

Anyone thinking we will have a sustained top 10 appearance this season with our current lot is likely to be disappointed. I know we have a tight budget and obviously still looking to do some deals, but as it stands it doesn't look too good.
Expectations for this season? on 14:13 - Jul 8 with 1817 viewsRangersw12

I would take top half and a bit of a cup run
Expectations for this season? on 14:40 - Jul 9 with 1619 viewsBushRanger82

Same old, same old.
No cup runs, no possibility of a cup final to set the pulse racing, just another slog to get back to a league we can’t seriously compete in.
Whether we achieve it, or not, I hardly care anymore.
Just hoping I get some enjoyment from watching us play, that’s all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024