Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is what it is - Preview 19:23 - Aug 19 with 3104 viewsNorthernr

Yehhhhhhhhhh, JFH throwback. Eat it.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58293

It is what it is - Preview on 22:42 - Aug 19 with 2659 viewsdaveB

That was really good and you shouldn't apologise for how you feel, part of what makes your writing so good is your emotion when things are good you reflect that brilliantly and when things are bad equally you put our seething anger into words which make more sense than me swearing loudly to no one in particular like a maniac

I have spells every season where i can't be bothered, not interested in the game but go along moaning before i go in and am a bloody nightmare to talk to afterwards if we get beat but one thing struck me at Sunderland last week is that every game matters to someone. You look at a result on paper and see oh 2-2 QPR v Sunderland but there is a story behind it with what happened, a game no one who was there will ever forget.

Tranmere 0 QPR 0, a result you shrug your shoulders at, anyone there in 2004 for the twice taken penalty, the Camp save and us getting the point which ultimatley took us up would say different.

Every game has fans who will be going to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, celebrating someone who has passed away, going to a first match or possibly your last, whilst 99% of the crowd the day's enjoyment is reflected by the result there is a small number having a special day regardless.

I'm in that camp tomorrow, taking my 4 year old daughter to her first game, I know from experience she'll cry a lot at the noise and be bored quickly but for this sentimental old fool being at a game for the first time with my wife and 2 kids is going to be a special one and something I'll remeber, probably for bad reasons when she tells me she hates me and wants to go back to Westfield but I'll still rememebr it.

Please be good tomorrow Rangers, pretty please
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 22:43]
It is what it is - Preview on 23:05 - Aug 19 with 2593 viewsNorthernr

It is what it is - Preview on 22:42 - Aug 19 by daveB

That was really good and you shouldn't apologise for how you feel, part of what makes your writing so good is your emotion when things are good you reflect that brilliantly and when things are bad equally you put our seething anger into words which make more sense than me swearing loudly to no one in particular like a maniac

I have spells every season where i can't be bothered, not interested in the game but go along moaning before i go in and am a bloody nightmare to talk to afterwards if we get beat but one thing struck me at Sunderland last week is that every game matters to someone. You look at a result on paper and see oh 2-2 QPR v Sunderland but there is a story behind it with what happened, a game no one who was there will ever forget.

Tranmere 0 QPR 0, a result you shrug your shoulders at, anyone there in 2004 for the twice taken penalty, the Camp save and us getting the point which ultimatley took us up would say different.

Every game has fans who will be going to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, celebrating someone who has passed away, going to a first match or possibly your last, whilst 99% of the crowd the day's enjoyment is reflected by the result there is a small number having a special day regardless.

I'm in that camp tomorrow, taking my 4 year old daughter to her first game, I know from experience she'll cry a lot at the noise and be bored quickly but for this sentimental old fool being at a game for the first time with my wife and 2 kids is going to be a special one and something I'll remeber, probably for bad reasons when she tells me she hates me and wants to go back to Westfield but I'll still rememebr it.

Honestly mate one of the few joys I’m getting out of it atm is hearing about and occasionally watching your lad get into it from afar. It’s bringing back a lot of memories. So pleased he got that Dieng moment.

Bit ambitious with the daughter I reckon.
Younger brother was always more bothered with playing than watching, but could be seen setting off down the steps on Tuesday night to inform the referee he was mistaken on a point of law it gets you in the end.
It is what it is - Preview on 23:13 - Aug 19 with 2580 viewsdaveB

It is what it is - Preview on 23:05 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Honestly mate one of the few joys I’m getting out of it atm is hearing about and occasionally watching your lad get into it from afar. It’s bringing back a lot of memories. So pleased he got that Dieng moment.

Bit ambitious with the daughter I reckon.
Younger brother was always more bothered with playing than watching, but could be seen setting off down the steps on Tuesday night to inform the referee he was mistaken on a point of law it gets you in the end.

Oh it's a stupid idea and me and wife are both regretting it already but several of my mates we sit with are unable to go tomorrow opened up an opportunity so we took it

The other night my son lost it, went charging down the stairs to tell the ref he was a virgin, pot kettle and all that, woman behind me said you can tell he's your son, never been so proud/ashamed
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 23:14]
It is what it is - Preview on 23:35 - Aug 19 with 2526 viewsLythamR

Hope it will be a memorable day for you all tomorrow Dave for all the right reasons

I like everyone was disappointed that Dykes didn't put away at least one of those chance but at least we created them. By half time Dyles had 18 touches and Paal had 17 i am taking that as a positive. we know he can score goals I predict a streak coming starting tomorrow.
It is what it is - Preview on 03:18 - Aug 20 with 2379 viewsSydneyRs

Taking your kids for the first time is an occasion you and they will always remember. Loved taking my son to his first football game some years back (Sydney derby, 40,000 sell out and great atmosphere, he loved it despite our team losing to an 87th minute goal) and also taking him to Loftus Road in 2016. Also still remember the first game my Dad took me to in the late 70s, 1-1 v Man City, Joe Royle and Gerry Francis scored.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 12:18]
It is what it is - Preview on 04:39 - Aug 20 with 2339 viewsnix

It is what it is - Preview on 03:18 - Aug 20 by SydneyRs

Taking your kids for the first time is an occasion you and they will always remember. Loved taking my son to his first football game some years back (Sydney derby, 40,000 sell out and great atmosphere, he loved it despite our team losing to an 87th minute goal) and also taking him to Loftus Road in 2016. Also still remember the first game my Dad took me to in the late 70s, 1-1 v Man City, Joe Royle and Gerry Francis scored.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 12:18]

I have a terrible memory and can't remember either of my children's first matches. But I do remember some classic moments that the club has given us all: like when my younger son was a mascot against Man City and it was pouring with rain (it was the Aguero offside and handball goal). Although we ended up drawing the game it was a magnificent atmosphere and he ended up on TV holding Richard Dunne's hand and grinning like a loon. Then my other son playing on the hallowed turf with Andy Sinton for Football Aid.

Sharing QPR with my kids has given me some of my best ever moments, so I hope your daughter has a fabulous time Dave.

Clive thanks for the brilliant preview. I'm usually a happy clapper as you probably know but even I've been feeling a bit jaded since last February. I think the constant digging out of players plays its part in that. Yeah, sure have your doubts about whether Lyndon, or Nico, or Andre are ever going to make it. But really coating them out every week, don't some of you get bored with that, or find it a bit unhelpful to keep repeating it? And as for questioning whether the manager is going to make it a few weeks in, well it's just negativity for its own sake. It must be hard to read this and stay cheerful Clive. At least I can just avoid the site for a few days when it gets too much.

I find I'm much happier, albeit more ignorant, since I've spent less time reading and watching the news. I know we need to be informed about the world but I don't read and watch all of the news items every day. It's so often bad that it skews your view of life I think.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's match. Will be great to have Chris back, and I think that will lift all of us and the team.
It is what it is - Preview on 07:46 - Aug 20 with 2191 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I expect commission for the quote!
It is what it is - Preview on 08:12 - Aug 20 with 2149 viewsstevec

It is what it is - Preview on 07:46 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I expect commission for the quote!

Capitalism is alive and kicking!
Login to get fewer ads

It is what it is - Preview on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 2048 viewsted_hendrix

By 5.00 pm today I shall know that this Is gonna be a good weekend or another bloody ruined bad mood weekend.
Why oh why do I do this or even think this way?
Is It really that important? of course It Is but I don't know why nor will I ever know why.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

It is what it is - Preview on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 1983 viewsenfieldargh

I took my 26 year old daughter to her 2nd ever game on Tuesday and she loved it. I was so surprised she said this and is now looking forward to going to Elland Road with her boyfriend(we may loose her).

Her first game I had to pick her up from a friend in Manchester the day of the Agemang,Mackie game at Derby. She really didnt want to go and spent the entire game on her phone and asking when the games finished.

Sadly I could take no more and gave into her as the lino held up the extra time mins................................

As for Pearsons interview bang on more should sperak up like this rhen all we need to do is to ask managers to help the referees by making sure their players cut out the shytehousery

On tuesday apparently Alex Neil chastised one of his players on the bench for punching the ball back into play and allowing Sheff U in taking a quick throw in.

Watching the women in the euros was so refreshing as there was none of this just a pure enthusiasm to play the game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

It is what it is - Preview on 10:09 - Aug 20 with 1938 viewsOldPedro

I go to between 5 and 10 QPR games a season, mostly away as I live in Yorkshire, and I always go with my 15 year old son - occasionally my daughter comes as well. We've seen quite a few defeats over the last 7/8 years I've been taking the kids, but for us it's not just about the football - it's a day out together, sharing the highs and lows.

Last week we were at Sunderland and to share those last 10 mins with my son makes it all the more special - we had a great day!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

It is what it is - Preview on 10:09 - Aug 20 with 1926 viewsPinnerPaul

Lovely post Dave.

1 grandchild just turned 3, the other one 3 in a few weeks.

Not long, hopefully, to a special day of my own, just like yours.

Hope its a lovely day in the sunshine and that everybody, on and off the field, behave themselves and do what they should!
It is what it is - Preview on 10:13 - Aug 20 with 1911 viewsPinnerPaul

It is what it is - Preview on 04:39 - Aug 20 by nix

I have a terrible memory and can't remember either of my children's first matches. But I do remember some classic moments that the club has given us all: like when my younger son was a mascot against Man City and it was pouring with rain (it was the Aguero offside and handball goal). Although we ended up drawing the game it was a magnificent atmosphere and he ended up on TV holding Richard Dunne's hand and grinning like a loon. Then my other son playing on the hallowed turf with Andy Sinton for Football Aid.

Sharing QPR with my kids has given me some of my best ever moments, so I hope your daughter has a fabulous time Dave.

Clive thanks for the brilliant preview. I'm usually a happy clapper as you probably know but even I've been feeling a bit jaded since last February. I think the constant digging out of players plays its part in that. Yeah, sure have your doubts about whether Lyndon, or Nico, or Andre are ever going to make it. But really coating them out every week, don't some of you get bored with that, or find it a bit unhelpful to keep repeating it? And as for questioning whether the manager is going to make it a few weeks in, well it's just negativity for its own sake. It must be hard to read this and stay cheerful Clive. At least I can just avoid the site for a few days when it gets too much.

I find I'm much happier, albeit more ignorant, since I've spent less time reading and watching the news. I know we need to be informed about the world but I don't read and watch all of the news items every day. It's so often bad that it skews your view of life I think.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's match. Will be great to have Chris back, and I think that will lift all of us and the team.

Nix - penultimate paragraph - spot on!

Pretty much stopped reading newspapers & watching mainstream news since covid became a thing and you're right, it does wonders for your mental well being!
It is what it is - Preview on 10:26 - Aug 20 with 1864 viewsqpr1976

“I'm in that camp tomorrow, taking my 4 year old daughter to her first game, I know from experience she'll cry a lot at the noise and be bored quickly but for this sentimental old fool being at a game for the first time with my wife and 2 kids is going to be a special one and something I'll remeber, probably for bad reasons when she tells me she hates me and wants to go back to Westfield but I'll still remember it.”

Tear in my eye after reading that Dave. Spot on.
My daughter decided it wasn‘t for her after a game or two, but my Son still has a s/t and he’s in Leeds now, but makes it down half a dozen times a year, plus away games up North. 2 other proud moments, when he was a mascot.
It is what it is - Preview on 17:30 - Aug 20 with 1444 viewsDamo1962

It is what it is - Preview on 23:13 - Aug 19 by daveB

Oh it's a stupid idea and me and wife are both regretting it already but several of my mates we sit with are unable to go tomorrow opened up an opportunity so we took it

The other night my son lost it, went charging down the stairs to tell the ref he was a virgin, pot kettle and all that, woman behind me said you can tell he's your son, never been so proud/ashamed
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 23:14]

Love it ☺️
It is what it is - Preview on 17:33 - Aug 20 with 1442 viewsDamo1962

It is what it is - Preview on 09:15 - Aug 20 by ted_hendrix

By 5.00 pm today I shall know that this Is gonna be a good weekend or another bloody ruined bad mood weekend.
Why oh why do I do this or even think this way?
Is It really that important? of course It Is but I don't know why nor will I ever know why.

None of us do. I must admit I don't let it get to me as much anymore - but defeats still hurt. It's like being "shackled to a corpse" sometimes. But then they do something that makes you grin from each to eat. Funny old game 🙃
It is what it is - Preview on 20:11 - Aug 20 with 1319 viewsTheChef

Dave hope your daughter enjoyed it!

We took our boys for their second ever game today and they still loved it even if it wasn't quite the result we hoped for.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

It is what it is - Preview on 12:38 - Aug 21 with 1027 viewsdaveB

It is what it is - Preview on 20:11 - Aug 20 by TheChef

Dave hope your daughter enjoyed it!

We took our boys for their second ever game today and they still loved it even if it wasn't quite the result we hoped for.

She did enjoy it, struggled a bit with the noise when we scored but asked to come again mainly as she like the Cat dancing and the crisps at half time. Shame the game was a bit crap

She got annoyed with her brother shouting in the second half as he was too loud so she ran around on the concourse for a bit before going back
It is what it is - Preview on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 1014 viewsnix

It is what it is - Preview on 12:38 - Aug 21 by daveB

She did enjoy it, struggled a bit with the noise when we scored but asked to come again mainly as she like the Cat dancing and the crisps at half time. Shame the game was a bit crap

She got annoyed with her brother shouting in the second half as he was too loud so she ran around on the concourse for a bit before going back

That's brilliant. Glad you all had a good time.
It is what it is - Preview on 17:38 - Aug 21 with 866 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It is what it is - Preview on 12:38 - Aug 21 by daveB

Haha at least it won’t be a regular problem for her!

Glad she enjoyed it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024