Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC....useless vvankers! 20:28 - Oct 16 with 2552 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was reading the comments on the BBC's app about the LTFC, QPR game.

I noticed a comment 'Dunne got done'. Now given that LTFC removed a similar comment, I raised this with the BBC being offensive given it glorifies a potentially serious injury to a player.

I received this back: "...we have decided that it does not contravene the House Rules and are going to leave it on site..."

I also said would they allow such if it were a premiership player?

Me personally, gave up on the BBC years ago.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BBC....useless vvankers! on 20:41 - Oct 16 with 2478 viewscolinallcars

Last week on the BBC NEWS website, there was an article headed Devout Christian Accused Of Murder.
That is unacceptable. I note later it was amended to something like Academic accused of murder.
BBC....useless vvankers! on 20:53 - Oct 16 with 2428 viewsstowmarketrange

Not exactly the BBC’s fault,but their comments bit after games really is pathetic,childish drivel.It’s all my dads bigger than your dad rubbish.Both sets of fans were at it on there after yesterday’s game.
Comment on the game by all means,but some of the stuff on there is infant school playground banter.
BBC....useless vvankers! on 10:07 - Oct 17 with 1936 viewsdaveB

We're a sensitive bunch at times
BBC....useless vvankers! on 10:46 - Oct 17 with 1868 viewsfrancisbowles

I only read stuff on other sites if there is a link in a thread on here, and then sometimes rather reluctantly. Otherwise, why bother, it's virtually all clickbait.
BBC....useless vvankers! on 11:36 - Oct 17 with 1777 viewsJuzzie

BBC....useless vvankers! on 10:07 - Oct 17 by daveB

Maybe 'cos I'm getting older it feels to me the media world is run by sub-25 year olds and (including 'Job Dunne') official outlets basically taking the piss (akin to social media drowning in after every fking post because people think it makes an actually unfunny statement, funny) is just the norm. Bantz, innit.
Professionalism has gone out of the window for quick laffs.
BBC....useless vvankers! on 12:57 - Oct 17 with 1626 viewsPlanetHonneywood

BBC....useless vvankers! on 10:07 - Oct 17 by daveB

Oh well in that case...

Mocking a guy who has sustained painful and potentially serious injury is one thing; the national broadcaster allowing it be published and remain up is quite another.

Imagine the furore if the BBC allowed comments of a similar nature to remain, that mocked say, a F1 driver or jump jockey seriously injured.

It's actually about standards of appropriateness, integrity and professionalism, and clearly at higher standards than you're able to appreciate.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

BBC....useless vvankers! on 14:01 - Oct 17 with 1528 viewshubble

My personal beef with the BBC football webpage (as opposed to the BBC in general, I've got plenty of gripes about the British Brainwashing Corporation) is how women's football always takes precedence over the Championship, and it's skewed massively, not just a bit. Fair enough, they want to raise awareness of women's football, but the Championship is the 3rd most supported league in Europe (after Prem and Bundesliga), yet it's a struggle to find anything about it on the main page, where there are usually at least 3 pieces on the WSL and the rest is either prem or Europe.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

BBC....useless vvankers! on 15:43 - Oct 17 with 1406 viewsdaveB

BBC....useless vvankers! on 12:57 - Oct 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Oh well in that case...

Mocking a guy who has sustained painful and potentially serious injury is one thing; the national broadcaster allowing it be published and remain up is quite another.

Imagine the furore if the BBC allowed comments of a similar nature to remain, that mocked say, a F1 driver or jump jockey seriously injured.

It's actually about standards of appropriateness, integrity and professionalism, and clearly at higher standards than you're able to appreciate.

I think if the BBC had used this as a headline and kept it the match report you'd have a point but this is in the comments section it just seems an odd thing to get worked up over. I've seen far worse posted on here over the years
Login to get fewer ads

BBC....useless vvankers! on 17:05 - Oct 17 with 1300 viewsPlanetHonneywood

BBC....useless vvankers! on 15:43 - Oct 17 by daveB

I think if the BBC had used this as a headline and kept it the match report you'd have a point but this is in the comments section it just seems an odd thing to get worked up over. I've seen far worse posted on here over the years

True. However, you frequently see a swift rebuke.

I know it's far worse a situation, but compare the reaction and condemnation of the stabbing of a Luton fan (which I think resulted in his death if memory serves) by one of our own. God help the poster who might have glorified it, for they would have been vilified.

My beef is with the BBC. One assumes they would not allow a report to mock an injured player, why allow some scratches to do so. For in doing so, they've effectively published it themselves.

BBC....useless vvankers! on 22:59 - Oct 17 with 1102 viewsdaveB

BBC....useless vvankers! on 17:05 - Oct 17 by PlanetHonneywood

True. However, you frequently see a swift rebuke.

I know it's far worse a situation, but compare the reaction and condemnation of the stabbing of a Luton fan (which I think resulted in his death if memory serves) by one of our own. God help the poster who might have glorified it, for they would have been vilified.

My beef is with the BBC. One assumes they would not allow a report to mock an injured player, why allow some scratches to do so. For in doing so, they've effectively published it themselves.

Come on you can't comapre a bloke being put in a coma or stabbed with a player hurting himself scoring an own goal, of course the reaction would be different
BBC....useless vvankers! on 09:20 - Oct 18 with 974 viewsderbyhoop

BBC....useless vvankers! on 14:01 - Oct 17 by hubble

My personal beef with the BBC football webpage (as opposed to the BBC in general, I've got plenty of gripes about the British Brainwashing Corporation) is how women's football always takes precedence over the Championship, and it's skewed massively, not just a bit. Fair enough, they want to raise awareness of women's football, but the Championship is the 3rd most supported league in Europe (after Prem and Bundesliga), yet it's a struggle to find anything about it on the main page, where there are usually at least 3 pieces on the WSL and the rest is either prem or Europe.

The BBC is bigging up WSL for 1 reason. They are allowed to cover matches, whereas they don't have rights to EFL games.

Don't get stresses by it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BBC....useless vvankers! on 10:02 - Oct 18 with 913 viewsstowmarketrange

BBC....useless vvankers! on 09:20 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

The BBC is bigging up WSL for 1 reason. They are allowed to cover matches, whereas they don't have rights to EFL games.

Don't get stresses by it.

Pretty much sums up my view on why they concentrate so much on a minority sport like rugby league.Maybe it’s cheaper than putting on proper sport?
BBC....useless vvankers! on 10:17 - Oct 18 with 892 viewsstainrods_elbow

'Dunne got done' is a rather crass pun at worst, surely - and I don't see how it 'mocks' or 'glorifies' anyone or anything. In fact, if anything, i think it vaguely interestingly implies, either he was the victim of shithousery or was somehow an architect of his own downfall (no pun intended this time).

Either way, I hope he'll be 'undone/Dunne' soon.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

BBC....useless vvankers! on 11:14 - Oct 18 with 811 viewsPlanetHonneywood

BBC....useless vvankers! on 22:59 - Oct 17 by daveB

Come on you can't comapre a bloke being put in a coma or stabbed with a player hurting himself scoring an own goal, of course the reaction would be different

Duh!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024