Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 17:50 - Feb 11 with 7910 viewsWestonsuperR

I didn’t go today or watch a stream. How did Armstrong do, any signs that he is Championship standard or does he need game time at a lower level?
Armstrong on 17:52 - Feb 11 with 4430 viewsAntti_Heinola

Best 45 i’ve seen from him and we have to use him more now for sure. Never threatened to score, but he got the crowd going and it was nice to see some pace for once.

Bare bones.

Armstrong on 17:52 - Feb 11 with 4419 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lot's of running and effort, then pulled up injured in the second half.

He didn't really have a goal chance from what I remember we were reduced to long efforts first half.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Armstrong on 17:54 - Feb 11 with 4349 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Our best player. Got involved physically, made a few bursting runs, held the ball up and wound up their fans. Still raw and needs to work on selecting the right option when he's in a dangerous position.
Armstrong on 17:56 - Feb 11 with 4327 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Huddersfield and Millwall have been his best games for us. His form is going in a different direction to the rest of the team.

A fcking weird kid though.
Armstrong on 17:56 - Feb 11 with 4328 viewsqpr_1968

HE WAS SUPERB...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Armstrong on 17:56 - Feb 11 with 4325 viewsbollockchops

would be better off bouncing at a nite club
Armstrong on 17:59 - Feb 11 with 4294 viewsNorthLondonR

I will probably be proved wrong and willing to accept, but I don't believe he was injured, there's something not quite right there and someone needs to get to the bottom of it quick. I also think Willock has got the same affliction as Traore...
Armstrong on 18:00 - Feb 11 with 4253 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Armstrong on 17:59 - Feb 11 by NorthLondonR

I will probably be proved wrong and willing to accept, but I don't believe he was injured, there's something not quite right there and someone needs to get to the bottom of it quick. I also think Willock has got the same affliction as Traore...

It looked like cramp.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong on 18:01 - Feb 11 with 4252 viewsWhip_It

Best game to date. Strong, competitive and involved in every decent threatening move in the first half. Plenty of touches in the box and an excellent lay-off for a Chair shot.
Armstrong on 18:01 - Feb 11 with 4252 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong on 17:59 - Feb 11 by NorthLondonR

He had cramp, which he always gets after about an hour. Probably to do with his frame and youth.

Willock clearly has never recovered properly and that hamstring isn’t right. Not his fault.

Bare bones.

Armstrong on 18:02 - Feb 11 with 4237 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong on 17:56 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Huddersfield and Millwall have been his best games for us. His form is going in a different direction to the rest of the team.

A fcking weird kid though.

Weird how?

Bare bones.

Armstrong on 18:02 - Feb 11 with 4234 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ran around, physical, never got a scoring opportunity. That was about it. Raw, but looks much improved than when I last saw a couple of months ago.
Went off with cramp I think.
Armstrong on 18:02 - Feb 11 with 4229 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I did laugh out loud when he bounced their player 10 yards.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Armstrong on 18:04 - Feb 11 with 4214 viewsNorthLondonR

Armstrong on 18:01 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

He had cramp, which he always gets after about an hour. Probably to do with his frame and youth.

Willock clearly has never recovered properly and that hamstring isn’t right. Not his fault.

I also think there's a mental thing, professional athletes should not cramp up like that all the time.
The physio didn't even believe it. He was good however, I enjoyed his performance.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:05]
Armstrong on 18:04 - Feb 11 with 4191 viewsstevec

Armstrong on 17:52 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

Best 45 i’ve seen from him and we have to use him more now for sure. Never threatened to score, but he got the crowd going and it was nice to see some pace for once.

True but such severe cramp that early at his age. I don’t get it.
Armstrong on 18:09 - Feb 11 with 4152 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong on 18:04 - Feb 11 by NorthLondonR

I also think there's a mental thing, professional athletes should not cramp up like that all the time.
The physio didn't even believe it. He was good however, I enjoyed his performance.

Well i’m not a physiotherapist so no idea, but large athletes often struggle early on. Flintoff was like that, Gerrard in his early days, even Les to some degree. Not sure how you know the physio didn’t believe it? Believe what?

Bare bones.

Armstrong on 18:10 - Feb 11 with 4108 viewsdigswellhoop

yes hes the future
Armstrong on 18:14 - Feb 11 with 4067 viewsconnell10

He reminds me of a silent movie actor, totally over the top reactions to anything he does! It's quite entertaining!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong on 18:16 - Feb 11 with 4052 viewsVancouverHoop

Armstrong on 18:09 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

Well i’m not a physiotherapist so no idea, but large athletes often struggle early on. Flintoff was like that, Gerrard in his early days, even Les to some degree. Not sure how you know the physio didn’t believe it? Believe what?

Yeah, given his age and frame, 'growing pains' may still be a thing. Batting the ball out of the air was pretty dumb though. It's unnecessary card and one that the ref can't ignore.
Armstrong on 18:20 - Feb 11 with 4019 viewstraininvain

Armstrong on 17:56 - Feb 11 by bollockchops

would be better off bouncing at a nite club

Accidentally upvoted. I thought Armstrong was probably our best player.

It’s easy to see why the club is wary of trying to give youngsters a chance in the current situation when our supporters are so quick to write them off.
Armstrong on 18:20 - Feb 11 with 4020 viewsBrianWilson

Hyper! Decent Hand of God effort

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Armstrong on 18:58 - Feb 11 with 3895 viewsbollockchops

Armstrong on 18:20 - Feb 11 by traininvain

Accidentally upvoted. I thought Armstrong was probably our best player.

It’s easy to see why the club is wary of trying to give youngsters a chance in the current situation when our supporters are so quick to write them off.

not long ago you were Boris Johnsons greatest supporter so anything that comes out of your gob i will take as a load of cat crap
Armstrong on 18:58 - Feb 11 with 3892 viewsNorthLondonR

Armstrong on 18:04 - Feb 11 by NorthLondonR

because I saw it with my own eyes, the physio made the "what's the issue" arm signal, wasn't trying to be provocative, just saw it as I was in direct alignment
Armstrong on 19:02 - Feb 11 with 3854 viewsRangersw12

He's young and explosive so I can see how he gets cramp

Would like him to start a bit more especially on big pitches away from home as could give us an outlet with a ball down the side or over the top
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:14]
Armstrong on 19:02 - Feb 11 with 3852 viewstraininvain

Armstrong on 18:58 - Feb 11 by bollockchops

not long ago you were Boris Johnsons greatest supporter so anything that comes out of your gob i will take as a load of cat crap

Funny as I’ve never voted for Johnson in my life but I do try to keep an open mind and look at things from other perspectives.

Anyway your earlier input to this thread suggests that your username is apt so I’ll leave it here and wish you a good evening, Bollockchops.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024