Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth Interview 15:20 - Mar 31 with 2862 viewsdaveB

Really interesting interview with Ainsworth, hard not to love the bloke

Ainsworth Interview on 15:28 - Mar 31 with 2796 viewsWokingR

Think we might have seen this Dave
Ainsworth Interview on 16:14 - Mar 31 with 2614 viewsToast_R

Why does GA look like he's aged 10 years in a month?
Ainsworth Interview on 16:18 - Mar 31 with 2593 viewsCateLeBonR

Ainsworth Interview on 16:14 - Mar 31 by Toast_R

Why does GA look like he's aged 10 years in a month?

#thoroughly QPR’d 🤷‍♂️
Ainsworth Interview on 18:26 - Mar 31 with 2302 views1JD

Personally, I found the interview a bit uneventful with the same platitudes from recent interviews, although I’m not sure what the objectives were as it wasn’t made clear.

I’d have liked to have heard more probing questions about the strategy going forwards. For example, how GA intends to balance his stated preference for older pros, a policy he had at Wycombe, with the “clubs ethos to bring young talent through into the first team”, as an example. That potential mismatch is already a concern for me.

Lastly given it was held at QPRs training ground in full QPR gear, I found it a bit odd that it was overly focused on Wycombe
Ainsworth Interview on 18:45 - Mar 31 with 2274 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth Interview on 18:26 - Mar 31 by 1JD

Personally, I found the interview a bit uneventful with the same platitudes from recent interviews, although I’m not sure what the objectives were as it wasn’t made clear.

I’d have liked to have heard more probing questions about the strategy going forwards. For example, how GA intends to balance his stated preference for older pros, a policy he had at Wycombe, with the “clubs ethos to bring young talent through into the first team”, as an example. That potential mismatch is already a concern for me.

Lastly given it was held at QPRs training ground in full QPR gear, I found it a bit odd that it was overly focused on Wycombe

You’re meant to be the cheerful one!
Ainsworth Interview on 19:30 - Mar 31 with 2202 viewsjtuck

It was a strange interview with an 'All Our Yesterdays' feel to it. Nostalgia won't help get 3 points at Wigan. Also, GA twice celebrated the fact that he was proud his Rangers team did not 'collapse' after giving up a goal in 2nd minute to Birmingham. So he's basically admitting he feared another Blackpool-style tonking because the players are so fragile and low on confidence and resiience. Not reassuring. He's still massively likeable and is dealing with a horrendous injury crisis and hope returning players make the difference.

LAranger

Ainsworth Interview on 02:52 - Apr 1 with 1912 views1JD

Ainsworth Interview on 18:45 - Mar 31 by Northernr

You’re meant to be the cheerful one!

Haha noted Clive. But this is one topic that really concerns me. The opening 5 games has not allayed that one bit. Awful, awful football. And the answer to the solution - a it was with Holloway - work harder.

How I expect this to go. Older pros brought in, as alluded to. Scowen the first on a free. A player too good for league one, but not good enough for the championship. And that for me, will set the precedent.
Ainsworth Interview on 07:12 - Apr 1 with 1838 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth Interview on 02:52 - Apr 1 by 1JD

Haha noted Clive. But this is one topic that really concerns me. The opening 5 games has not allayed that one bit. Awful, awful football. And the answer to the solution - a it was with Holloway - work harder.

How I expect this to go. Older pros brought in, as alluded to. Scowen the first on a free. A player too good for league one, but not good enough for the championship. And that for me, will set the precedent.

I suspect you’ll be right.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth Interview on 09:55 - Apr 1 with 1683 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth Interview on 02:52 - Apr 1 by 1JD

Seeing as we’ll be in league one, Scowen sounds like a great signing.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth Interview on 09:56 - Apr 1 with 1683 viewsNorthantsHoop

Total bunch of softees and sulkers in this team, Ainsworth has to guide them through to get a couple of results to keep us up, might do it, might not. If we are going to survive in either the Championship or god forbid League 1 next season then the physical and mental profile of the team has to be changed.
Ainsworth Interview on 11:49 - Apr 1 with 1592 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth Interview on 18:26 - Mar 31 by 1JD

Thought it was interesting more due to the talk of how he likes to manage and how it sounds like a complete 360 from developing players to going with experience.
When he went through the players he developed he could only name 1 in 10 years which wasn't great

I hope I'm wrong but just feels like a car crash waiting to happen, he comes across as a great guy who wants the best for this club which I love but is already feeling like another version of Holloway but more second time around than first
Ainsworth Interview on 11:55 - Apr 1 with 1571 viewsozexile

I found it pretty useless as well tbh. Then I watched the recent training video and was even more disheartened.
I love the guys enthusiasm but what's beyond that?
Ainsworth Interview on 13:52 - Apr 1 with 1483 viewsfrancisbowles

Give the guy a chance. He's walked into a crap situation and whatever happens this campaign, the time to judge him will be next season, probably about this time of year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024