Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! 10:51 - Apr 7 with 1136 viewsJules4367

We know we have had crap refereeing but does anyone who chants this think that the chants actually change anything or endear the ref of assistant refs to our cause?

I listen to it, from Rangers loving fans and I just don't get it...are they thinking that by singing that the referee or his assistants are going to think "oops , i' m having a bad game and they don't like me- I'll have to do better!'? Of course not !

Is there a chance that the referee will take it personally and overlook a foul or certain penalty? - Of course there is!

So why sing it????

I credit the R's supporters with intelligence but sometimes the display of stupidity being chanted at the referee is at the same level as 'not thinking it through' as we see on the pitch.

At best we want to be playing 11 v 11 (assuming we have 11) and not 11 v 12 or 11 v 13.

So if we have crap decisions today, please be angry but chant something else and hopefully the ref will give us a penalty or disallow one of their goals.

He won't if you barrack him!! _ He is human and gets pissed off just as you would if people shouted " You're just chanting another shite chant!"

We need all the help we can get so please - even if the ref is shite- chant something positive for the R's and not goad the ref!"

Clutching at straws for our survival perhaps but we have to try anything and everything!

Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 10:59 - Apr 7 with 1085 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nice try Keith.
Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:00 - Apr 7 with 1074 viewsJules4367

Will try anything!.....and not Keith
Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:08 - Apr 7 with 1052 viewskernowhoop

In fact, there are many chants that can back-fire.
Anyone remember the long chanting (5-10 minutes?) to the effect that Nathan Dyer (Swansea) should be in jail?
He went on to score, of course.
Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:31 - Apr 7 with 1001 viewsWatford_Ranger

Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:08 - Apr 7 by kernowhoop

In fact, there are many chants that can back-fire.
Anyone remember the long chanting (5-10 minutes?) to the effect that Nathan Dyer (Swansea) should be in jail?
He went on to score, of course.

Andy “Andrew” Cole was the best one.

FWIW I think barracking the ref does more good than harm but probably has no effect at all either way most of the time.
Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:39 - Apr 7 with 993 viewsHayesender

Sheffield utd at home, 1-0 up with about 10 to go, some idiots started singing "1-0 and a long way home".

I knew it would bite us on the arse

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:41 - Apr 7 with 982 viewspaulparker

How about we just stop chanting all together or how about we are all given sheets of paper which tell us what to sing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:42 - Apr 7 with 979 viewsPunteR

If you can't take abuse then you're in the wrong job being a ref.
There's absolutely no way I could do it.
Fairplay to all the refs.. including Pinner..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:53 - Apr 7 with 960 viewsDannyPaddox

Shit thread! Shit thread it’s just another shit thread!

No offence mate I’ve started enough of ‘em 😇
Login to get fewer ads

Let's stop the Another 'shite' ref chants! on 11:55 - Apr 7 with 954 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I agree with you Jules. Good post. Fine margain stuff. We need all fine margains. But this not when in trouble only.

DonnieR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024