Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 up top - it does not work 22:51 - Apr 19 with 2210 viewsKerryE

How many times, at every breakdown, at every transition were we over run in midfield.

Surely 2 up top for 90mins is not a good tactic.
2 up top - it does not work on 22:57 - Apr 19 with 2155 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Chris Martin has always been an average lump. None of us would have had him in our side when we beat Derby in the play-off final (and he was in his prime then). Quite why Gareth feels that he's now the answer to our problems is beyond me.
2 up top - it does not work on 23:01 - Apr 19 with 2129 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just read this on the BBC site.

Cardiff signed Kaba on loan from Danish side FC Midtjylland on the final day of the January transfer window and has now scored seven goals in 10 starts.

Obviously Les no longer looks abroad for players as his algorithm is xenophobic.
2 up top - it does not work on 00:47 - Apr 20 with 1956 viewsstainrods_elbow

2 up top - it does not work on 22:57 - Apr 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Chris Martin has always been an average lump. None of us would have had him in our side when we beat Derby in the play-off final (and he was in his prime then). Quite why Gareth feels that he's now the answer to our problems is beyond me.

Even nos, he's managed 3 in 11 apps for us, while our international striker Dykes, and supposed 'main man', has managed a dire 7 in 35.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

2 up top - it does not work on 07:31 - Apr 20 with 1823 viewsNorthantsHoop

It does not matter, we don't score goals we are slow throughout the team and fail to make a decent pass. We are done, think Reading, Cardiff and Huddersfield will escape. Getting ready for Northampton v QPR at Sixfields next season. Been enjoying Northampton's promotion push, but our Rangers are just bloody useless and felt so despondent after Coventry on Saturday did not go last night. Decided to purchase a ticket for Northampton v Harrogate on Saturday and for the Bradford game the following week. Will renew my season ticket at QPR regardless of what happens, but it has been a tough watch all season at home and a right mess of a team.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:33]
2 up top - it does not work on 08:55 - Apr 20 with 1717 viewstraininvain

2 up top - it does not work on 07:31 - Apr 20 by NorthantsHoop

It does not matter, we don't score goals we are slow throughout the team and fail to make a decent pass. We are done, think Reading, Cardiff and Huddersfield will escape. Getting ready for Northampton v QPR at Sixfields next season. Been enjoying Northampton's promotion push, but our Rangers are just bloody useless and felt so despondent after Coventry on Saturday did not go last night. Decided to purchase a ticket for Northampton v Harrogate on Saturday and for the Bradford game the following week. Will renew my season ticket at QPR regardless of what happens, but it has been a tough watch all season at home and a right mess of a team.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:33]

Alternatively, we could try something different instead of persisting with two big lumps up front and hoof ball as it’s clearly not working.

Does anyone genuinely think we’d have done any worse over the past 10 games by trying to play a bit more with the ball on the deck utilising our more technical players.

Most of the squad is suited to playing this way but Ainsworth seems to have decided it’s route one or bust. And it’s going to get us relegated.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the rumoured bust up between Ainsworth and Willock, Johansen and Laird is connected to the way he’s got us set up. It’s completely at odds with the players he has at his disposal.
2 up top - it does not work on 09:09 - Apr 20 with 1674 viewsslmrstid

To be fair when there's 1 up top we moan about that not working as well because the one man is too isolated.

Maybe we should go for the old style "W M" formation and see if that improves results.
2 up top - it does not work on 09:09 - Apr 20 with 1671 viewsknocker

Nailed on he will start Burnley game with same starting 11 if fit, as this diabolical way of playing has earned us 2 unlikely draws out of last 3. Surely he has to get Willock and Chair on the pitch together even if there has been a fallout . Going in to a hopefully win to stay up game against Bristol with the same prehistoric system would be criminal.
2 up top - it does not work on 09:13 - Apr 20 with 1644 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think 2 up too works personally.

Two in the middle and two at the back less so, but we‘ve had that problem since the Warburton days.
Login to get fewer ads

2 up top - it does not work on 09:18 - Apr 20 with 1600 viewsconnell10

Pity Armstrong is injured as some of Dykes flick on,s last night would have suited his style of play .Martin trys hard but simply has no pace to receive and run with said flick on,s .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

2 up top - it does not work on 09:34 - Apr 20 with 1563 viewsMole_Senior

Two up front isn't necessarily the issue, it's the two we're choosing every game! We can't play with two 'target men' for a number of reasons; 1) they are not mobile enough and 2) our service from wide areas is atrocious!

On top of that, it means playing Chair out wide on the left and he is being bypassed constantly with 'hoof ball' therefore not affecting the game. If one of the two target men was Paul Furlong, then maybe, we might be able to make the ball stick in the final third; bringing players like Chair into play more.

Surely, surely against Burnley we need to drop one of the front two lumps and bring an extra man into the middle, i.e. Amos if fit?
2 up top - it does not work on 10:05 - Apr 20 with 1521 viewswombat

2 up top - it does not work on 09:34 - Apr 20 by Mole_Senior

Two up front isn't necessarily the issue, it's the two we're choosing every game! We can't play with two 'target men' for a number of reasons; 1) they are not mobile enough and 2) our service from wide areas is atrocious!

On top of that, it means playing Chair out wide on the left and he is being bypassed constantly with 'hoof ball' therefore not affecting the game. If one of the two target men was Paul Furlong, then maybe, we might be able to make the ball stick in the final third; bringing players like Chair into play more.

Surely, surely against Burnley we need to drop one of the front two lumps and bring an extra man into the middle, i.e. Amos if fit?

wouldnt say dykes is slow myself actually think hes one of the qukcker players in thenpresent sqwuad put a shift in and funnily has had two decent balls into him . last night and west brom and scored from both , is that a coincidence?

burnely id drop martin for sure and stick amos alongside time and field in the middle though and pray neither get injured for the stoke and coty games

Poll: which is your favouite foot

2 up top - it does not work on 22:16 - Apr 20 with 1390 viewsR_from_afar

2 up top - it does not work on 09:09 - Apr 20 by slmrstid

To be fair when there's 1 up top we moan about that not working as well because the one man is too isolated.

Maybe we should go for the old style "W M" formation and see if that improves results.

"To be fair when there's 1 up top we moan about that not working as well because the one man is too isolated".

I was thinking that too.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024