Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:45 - Apr 7 with 21728 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Watching him walking around the pitch at the end, he looked haunted.

I'm not saying he looked like a bloke saying adieu, but he sure as shit would bite your hand off to turn the clock back to say to QPR: thanks, but I'm staying at WWFC.

Utterly, utterly appalling performance today.

Oh, and I'm not sure who's responsible for overseeing deadball delivery practice sessions, but whoever it is, they clearly have no idea where the fcuking goal is!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 17:52 - Apr 7 with 9301 viewsted_hendrix

I said after the Brum game that I thought we were getting worse, just at a time when the last thing we needed at that time was to get worse.
I can only remember one shot on target today and that second goal?? dear me that was Sunday morning in the park defending.
We're getting worse by the minute....................

Just when you thought It couldn't get any worse

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 17:56 - Apr 7 with 9207 viewsDamo1962

I hope GA doesn't defend the players after this one. A match too far for platitudes.
Ainsworth on 18:17 - Apr 7 with 8975 viewsJAPRANGERS

What the hell do they do in training? Do they even do any training?
Ainsworth on 18:19 - Apr 7 with 8921 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth on 18:17 - Apr 7 by JAPRANGERS

What the hell do they do in training? Do they even do any training?

Doesn't look like it. But then as well as being pretty crap players, I think this group are especially thick as well.
Ainsworth on 18:20 - Apr 7 with 8934 viewsSonofpugwash

It's a sort of reverse alchemy now.
Turning precious metal into shit.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ainsworth on 18:20 - Apr 7 with 8926 viewsHayesender

I watched it on a stream as I couldn't make it today, but as he was applauding fans by the Ellerslie Rd stand, he looked like a man in total shock

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ainsworth on 18:24 - Apr 7 with 8848 viewskropotkin41

There must be a major disconnect between training and play. It's hard to explain otherwise. I reckon there should be an investigation into betting irregularities.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Ainsworth on 18:24 - Apr 7 with 8813 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth on 18:20 - Apr 7 by Hayesender

I watched it on a stream as I couldn't make it today, but as he was applauding fans by the Ellerslie Rd stand, he looked like a man in total shock

Think he has had a real wake- up call, as to what he has taken on with these gobshites.Probably wishes the season was finished, and he will never have to set eyes on most of them again.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 18:35 - Apr 7 with 8706 viewsStreathamRanger

Very different tone in his post match interview. Looks like he's almost given up on this group of players.
Ainsworth on 18:36 - Apr 7 with 8686 viewsSteveB

Ok, where to start... Elizabeth Line from Bond St gets me home in 30 mins, no faffing around at Ealing Broadway anymore...Bonus.

The game....

This team is so much better than this. At least they were not short on effort, they all gave their best, unfortunately their collective efforts resulted in turgid display of p**s poor defending and powder puff attacking. Once Chair spunked that 1st half effort we were toast.

Ref was a prick. Gave us nothing,

Gareth - I hate this. I hate that you can't turn this around. I hate that you were offered the job, you were never going to turn us down. I hate LF for using you.

Get stuffed QPR.
Ainsworth on 18:46 - Apr 7 with 8541 viewsjohncharles

Come on Gareth, bin this lot and play the youth team. At least we’ll go down fighting.
We are QPR,
WE ARE QPR
but this lot ain’t

Strong and stable my arse.

Ainsworth on 18:52 - Apr 7 with 8438 viewssixnil

A manager has to get the most out of what he's got. That means getting the likes of Chair into positions where he can do damage e.g. LH corner of the box with WB and Willock in support..
Chair needs a high WB and ball to feet...TO FEET..
How can we score if we just lump it up field against big defenders and alot of the time there's no second ball close by anyway..
GA has not impressed at all..shambolic patterns, disconnected and seemingly random...we just don't look like we are committed to and working any sort of attacking plan, which is going to give us success....

As for the players, I suspect the dressing room as been bad for a while with players not getting on....would like to know what other pros/ex pros are talking about in terms of Rangers and what has happened to f**k up our season so spectacularly..

Injuries wrecked last season..we lost the front and the back, which is catastrophic for a team...Warbs had a good team, Playing entertaining football...just a thin squad and needed toughening up in areas...however it could have grown stronger and should have been allowed to.

Loved Les as a player, but too many awful decisions as DOF...
WTF must Gerry and the lads from that great season have thought today!
Ainsworth on 18:53 - Apr 7 with 8407 viewsJAPRANGERS

How are season ticket sales going ?
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:57 - Apr 7 with 8339 viewsQPR_John

Ainsworth on 18:35 - Apr 7 by StreathamRanger

Very different tone in his post match interview. Looks like he's almost given up on this group of players.

Agree. He was clearly holding back and wanted to say more. Sounds like a club run by and for the players
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:58]
Ainsworth on 18:58 - Apr 7 with 8313 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ainsworth on 18:53 - Apr 7 by JAPRANGERS

How are season ticket sales going ?

Well, supply isn't a problem.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 19:06 - Apr 7 with 8222 views1JD

From the pre-match interview…

“We’ve been underdogs since I’ve walked in, in my opinion. Even your Wigan game last week. I know they’re bottom of the league, but they’ve got some good names, they’ve got some good players in that side”

I’ve actually got no words for this other than alarm bells should be ringing loudly. Very loudly. It is little wonder a squad of largely technical, premier-league schooled players, cannot respond to a manager, who a. Plays Hoofball and, b. Has a increasingly obvious inferiority complex.

Players do not want to hear “they are better than us, but we will out-work them”. Demoralising, despondent, and absolutely, not the way to get the best out of this group of players.
Ainsworth on 19:33 - Apr 7 with 8017 viewsterryb

I thought today was a slight improvement! That says everything about the previous games.

We can't play simple passes to each other at the back & every long ball is easy fot the defence, even when Dykes has won the aerial challenge. I've no idea what formation or pattern of play we are meant to be following, but it must be different in theory to that in practice!
Ainsworth on 19:38 - Apr 7 with 7971 viewsbaz_qpr

Ainsworth on 19:48 - Apr 7 with 7871 viewsWatfordR

I've kept my thoughts largely to myself about GA up until now. Work has meant I've not been able to get to games, I think this is the first one I've gotten to this year. I'll leave commenting on his actual appointment until later.

Ainsworth is a mile out of his depth here. From minute one today you could have predicted how this game was going to go. We'd be in it only for as long as it took Preston to score. We were never going to score through our own efforts. This is a team, even when we were playing well under Beale, needed to make ten chances to score one. Every single one of us on this board know we are not going to score if we are not creating chances. If there is anyone who'd like to explain to me what our attacking plan was today, I'm all ears.

If there is a single poster on here that thinks the way you're going to get the best out of that starting eleven, indeed out of our squad, is by telling them to welly it up to Dykes and see what happens if he flicks it on, put your hand up. I'd love to here someone explain how that's supposed to work.

I'd rather sticks needles in my eyes than turn up and watch that sort of dross week in and week out, either in the Championship or League One. It's clueless, it's an excuse for a lack of tactical nous, and it is a recipe for the club's descent into oblivion.

As lovely as it is that Ainsworth was well thought of as a player, he's not the right option for us as a manager. Stan is my hero for his efforts as a player, but I'd never have wanted to see him here as a manager.

IF we were going to get rid of Critchley - and personally I wouldn't have - then the only option for the rest of the season was a caretaker manager. Warnock, Allardyce, maybe even Johansen, I'd not really have complained. Now we're stuck with a manager on a three and a half year contract, whose managerial capability stretches to nothing more than 21st in the Championship. At the very best.

All the hard work done over the last four years, raising the footballing profile of the club, making it respected enough to attract friendly opposition from the likes of ManU and Leicester, respected enough to attract some of the better young prospects from Prem clubs, all thrown out the window by such a stupid appointment. What chance do we have of developing young kids through the academy when they see the requirement now is not to nurture skills and technique, but "energy and enthusiasm".

This isn't necessarily all about digging out Ainsworth, I suspect he's made the wrong move for what he thought was the right reason. But if he looked at how he manages his teams to play football, and then looked at this squad, if he was being honest with himself, he'd have admitted he didn't have the skills necessary to manage them to safety this season. If I was prepared to put up with Sam Allardyce for the good of the club for a couple of months, he should have been prepared to put aside his personal ambitions.

The club has been put back years by these last few months. I just hope that's as bad as the outcome gets.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 20:07]
Ainsworth on 19:56 - Apr 7 with 7738 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth on 19:48 - Apr 7 by WatfordR

I've kept my thoughts largely to myself about GA up until now. Work has meant I've not been able to get to games, I think this is the first one I've gotten to this year. I'll leave commenting on his actual appointment until later.

Ainsworth is a mile out of his depth here. From minute one today you could have predicted how this game was going to go. We'd be in it only for as long as it took Preston to score. We were never going to score through our own efforts. This is a team, even when we were playing well under Beale, needed to make ten chances to score one. Every single one of us on this board know we are not going to score if we are not creating chances. If there is anyone who'd like to explain to me what our attacking plan was today, I'm all ears.

If there is a single poster on here that thinks the way you're going to get the best out of that starting eleven, indeed out of our squad, is by telling them to welly it up to Dykes and see what happens if he flicks it on, put your hand up. I'd love to here someone explain how that's supposed to work.

I'd rather sticks needles in my eyes than turn up and watch that sort of dross week in and week out, either in the Championship or League One. It's clueless, it's an excuse for a lack of tactical nous, and it is a recipe for the club's descent into oblivion.

As lovely as it is that Ainsworth was well thought of as a player, he's not the right option for us as a manager. Stan is my hero for his efforts as a player, but I'd never have wanted to see him here as a manager.

IF we were going to get rid of Critchley - and personally I wouldn't have - then the only option for the rest of the season was a caretaker manager. Warnock, Allardyce, maybe even Johansen, I'd not really have complained. Now we're stuck with a manager on a three and a half year contract, whose managerial capability stretches to nothing more than 21st in the Championship. At the very best.

All the hard work done over the last four years, raising the footballing profile of the club, making it respected enough to attract friendly opposition from the likes of ManU and Leicester, respected enough to attract some of the better young prospects from Prem clubs, all thrown out the window by such a stupid appointment. What chance do we have of developing young kids through the academy when they see the requirement now is not to nurture skills and technique, but "energy and enthusiasm".

This isn't necessarily all about digging out Ainsworth, I suspect he's made the wrong move for what he thought was the right reason. But if he looked at how he manages his teams to play football, and then looked at this squad, if he was being honest with himself, he'd have admitted he didn't have the skills necessary to manage them to safety this season. If I was prepared to put up with Sam Allardyce for the good of the club for a couple of months, he should have been prepared to put aside his personal ambitions.

The club has been put back years by these last few months. I just hope that's as bad as the outcome gets.

Thanks for that. Very thoughtful analysis of the situation. Much to ponder there for me personally.
Ainsworth on 20:03 - Apr 7 with 7623 viewsdigswellhoop

grass greener NOT
Ainsworth on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 7562 viewsBerkoRanger

As usual, very astute WatfordR. A good read. Thankyou.
Ainsworth on 20:20 - Apr 7 with 7421 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 18:24 - Apr 7 by Damo1962

Think he has had a real wake- up call, as to what he has taken on with these gobshites.Probably wishes the season was finished, and he will never have to set eyes on most of them again.

Me too.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth on 20:33 - Apr 7 with 7324 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Christ, that sentence about Stan sent a shiver up my back.
It sums up the appointment of Gaz like no other I’ve read - anywhere.
Maybe we were farked anyway, but no other club above League 1 would have given him a job, just like no other would have given Les Ferdinand his.
I still have sympathy for Gaz, but nothing but contempt and fury for Les Ferdinand.
Ainsworth on 20:33 - Apr 7 with 7311 viewsStanisgod

Great post. Also had enough of Chairs Joey Barton corners.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024