Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am i in a minority of one 15:43 - Apr 20 with 2838 viewsBlackCrowe

Aside from the fact we desperately needed all three points, last night is the first game at HQ that I've enjoyed in ages, proper end to end ding-dong.

Shows how low the bar's been set i guess.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Am i in a minority of one on 15:52 - Apr 20 with 2746 viewsJames_Paddocks

I've never felt more depressed at the state of the club.

The football was reminiscent of Jack Charlton's Ireland.

It's not something I want to watch every week, in our eternal pursuit of 16th, for the next 3.5 years.
Am i in a minority of one on 15:58 - Apr 20 with 2709 viewsjoe90

I get what your saying. It was a lovely evening and the game actually meant something which added some excitement. Plus, I usually enjoy the midweek games more.

However, it's hard to separate it from the fact it's been an awful season and staying up or going down there are still major problems at the club...and not forgetting the football was pure trash.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 16:01]
Am i in a minority of one on 16:59 - Apr 20 with 2522 viewsHAMRanger

I'd rather watch a game without so much stress tbh... I can't afford anymore grey hairs
Am i in a minority of one on 17:20 - Apr 20 with 2459 viewsNorthernr

I mean, it was an improvement. But if a guy punches you in the face 100 times in a minute, and then he slows down, that's an improvement too.
Am i in a minority of one on 17:26 - Apr 20 with 2427 viewsRanger_1969

I agree to an extent - it was just a relief to walk away from the ground 'undefeated'. The players showed more determination than they have for a while and let's be honest - the football may not be pretty, but we are in a relegation scrap, so I'm not expecting it to be.

As Sam Field says in his interview, you have to do the basics of hard work and determination. The better football may come when confidence is a bit higher and results more stable - which obviously won't be until next season (hopefully)! For now, we have to scrap like we did last night...
Am i in a minority of one on 17:30 - Apr 20 with 2405 viewstoboboly

First half was us doing the basics and we were better than Norwich. 2nd half we reverted to type and not sure how Norwich didn't get a second.

Like you say, shows how bad it has been when that is an improvement (and it was).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Am i in a minority of one on 17:38 - Apr 20 with 2359 viewsMick_S

It was slightly better. Norwich were the better side second half, but we blew it in the first minute of the second 45, which changed the match from a Rangers perspective. A very clever kick off by them, which we were not expecting. Having said that, we blew that minute. Again.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Am i in a minority of one on 17:43 - Apr 20 with 2298 viewsstevec

Am I in a minority of one who thinks our entire team believe Drewe can throw the ball 10 yards further than he actually can?

And that the opposition work it out within about 5 minutes and position their first defender to head it straight back.
Login to get fewer ads

Am i in a minority of one on 17:47 - Apr 20 with 2275 viewsNorthantsHoop

Am i in a minority of one on 17:38 - Apr 20 by Mick_S

It was slightly better. Norwich were the better side second half, but we blew it in the first minute of the second 45, which changed the match from a Rangers perspective. A very clever kick off by them, which we were not expecting. Having said that, we blew that minute. Again.

Very good point Mick about their goal our players are just not mentally tuned to what's in front of them. They respond so slowly to situations and the game is effectively lost. Good teams adapt, sluggish poor teams like ours just fade and it has been like this all season since that Luton away defeat in October.
Am i in a minority of one on 18:14 - Apr 20 with 2145 viewspaulparker

If we were mid table then yeah it’s an improvement but last night we blew the chance of a much needed 3 points
We are relying on a team who have been docked points getting nothing out of their last 3 games
It’s embarrassing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Am i in a minority of one on 19:27 - Apr 20 with 2000 viewsBrianWilson

Am i in a minority of one on 15:52 - Apr 20 by James_Paddocks

I've never felt more depressed at the state of the club.

The football was reminiscent of Jack Charlton's Ireland.

It's not something I want to watch every week, in our eternal pursuit of 16th, for the next 3.5 years.

Paul McGrath, Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan, John Aldridge, Mark Lawrenson, Kevin Moran, David O' Leary were a bit better at it though.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Am i in a minority of one on 07:01 - Apr 21 with 1691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There were definitely some effective passages, as there had been against Preston, West Brom and even Coventry. I also think we created enough to score more than one.

It was a realistic chance to get three points, though, and we failed. So, ultimately, a disappointing night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Am i in a minority of one on 07:05 - Apr 21 with 1683 viewsdistortR

But back to the op, yeah, I thought it was an exciting, end-to-end match.
Am i in a minority of one on 07:19 - Apr 21 with 1628 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It did feel like a proper relegation scrap out of Roy of the Rovers, right down to when their crowd started taunting us about going down which made you realise Reading had scored.

As Gareth walked round the pitch at the end, the voices of the supporters miraculously reach him.

"Gareth's dropped two points there."
"He must have had a bust-up with some of the players."
"F*ck off, Les Ferdinand."

NEXT WEEK: Gareth is shot and El Tel becomes caretaker manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024