Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And still they clap them off??, 20:05 - Oct 28 with 4048 viewsconnell10

Quite a few fans clapping that shite off! I honestly can't get my head around this ?? I even had a row with a few fans asking why they were clapping??? I've just heard Ainsworth has gone thank god for that!!!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 20:05]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

And still they clap them off??, on 20:06 - Oct 28 with 3367 viewsStanisgod

Because for this 90 mins they put in a shift, not difficult.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

And still they clap them off??, on 20:13 - Oct 28 with 3293 viewsguitarzan

Up until the sending off we were doing OK. Credit where it’s due clap them if they put in the effort. No ill will towards Ainsworth but not good enough and shouldn’t have been hired in the first place.
And still they clap them off??, on 20:14 - Oct 28 with 3274 viewsconnell10

And still they clap them off??, on 20:06 - Oct 28 by Stanisgod

Because for this 90 mins they put in a shift, not difficult.

Ffs that is a low bar mate

And still they clap them off??, on 20:19 - Oct 28 with 3202 viewsessextaxiboy

You could see at the end that some were out on their feet . They probably knew that the result confirmed his sacking
And still they clap them off??, on 20:21 - Oct 28 with 3162 viewsNed_Kennedys

Did you actually watch the game?
And still they clap them off??, on 20:25 - Oct 28 with 3117 viewsconnell10

And still they clap them off??, on 20:13 - Oct 28 by guitarzan

Up until the sending off we were doing OK. Credit where it’s due clap them if they put in the effort. No ill will towards Ainsworth but not good enough and shouldn’t have been hired in the first place.

Nah sorry that's the problem with our fan base we except shit ! Just clap anything, god I might be in the minority but this crap just don't cut the mustard!! We must have a level of standards surely or what's the point?

And still they clap them off??, on 20:28 - Oct 28 with 3084 viewsslmrstid

I was quite happy to walk out in a silent huff after the garbage against Blackburn but today they fought well against a team that is way too good for this division - that's not their fault and they deserve credit for the efforts.

I'm still annoyed at losing, I'm still angry with Dozzell's idiocy, but those who kept their heads deserve some appreciation for today.
And still they clap them off??, on 20:32 - Oct 28 with 3034 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yeah the ten finishing the game deserved some recognition. I find the happy clapping when we lose 4-0 or put in the fifth woeful performance in a row utterly bizarre but can’t knock any of them today with the obvious exception of Andre the giant. Still think we’re fked with this group of players no matter who comes in.
Login to get fewer ads

And still they clap them off??, on 20:37 - Oct 28 with 2999 viewsChrisNW6

I clapped at the end as I was leaving and thought the performance against an incredibly strong Leicester team warranted it. We all know what a shit place we are in but today was one of the better recent team displays.

Why do you think it's OK to question supporting the team?
And still they clap them off??, on 20:45 - Oct 28 with 2923 viewsDejR_vu

I’m guessing they feel it’s less the players, more the coaching staff, that were the problem

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

And still they clap them off??, on 20:46 - Oct 28 with 2913 viewsNed_Kennedys

And still they clap them off??, on 20:37 - Oct 28 by ChrisNW6

I clapped at the end as I was leaving and thought the performance against an incredibly strong Leicester team warranted it. We all know what a shit place we are in but today was one of the better recent team displays.

Why do you think it's OK to question supporting the team?

Agreed: people can clap or boo if they want without people abusing and kicking off at them.
And still they clap them off??, on 20:57 - Oct 28 with 2828 viewsLanhoop

For 60 minutes they made the very expensive league leaders look very ordinary. If it hadn’t been for Dozzell it would have finished 1-1 I suspect. The 10 deserved applause for that.
And still they clap them off??, on 20:57 - Oct 28 with 2826 viewsconnell10

And still they clap them off??, on 20:46 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Agreed: people can clap or boo if they want without people abusing and kicking off at them.

Jesus's, I'll shut up and take this thread down.Our fan base will get exactly what it deceivers... pathetic like the club.

And still they clap them off??, on 20:59 - Oct 28 with 2801 viewsthehat

I stayed and clapped them off - Playing the league leaders with no centre halfs and being 1 v 1 at 60 minutes with a great chance of winning the game until Andre's brain fart.

Players did well today no lack of effort, no one throwing the towel in and feigning injuries. The stupid Colbeck yellow card did grate me though.

We all need to stick together.
And still they clap them off??, (n/t) on 21:03 - Oct 28 with 2748 viewsKPR

And still they clap them off??, on 21:04 - Oct 28 with 2738 viewsconnell10

And still they clap them off??, on 20:59 - Oct 28 by thehat

I stayed and clapped them off - Playing the league leaders with no centre halfs and being 1 v 1 at 60 minutes with a great chance of winning the game until Andre's brain fart.

Players did well today no lack of effort, no one throwing the towel in and feigning injuries. The stupid Colbeck yellow card did grate me though.

We all need to stick together.

As I say very low bar . Oh well I remember when our fans wouldn't have put up with this shite . As I say sleep walking into oblivion...feck it .

And still they clap them off??, on 21:07 - Oct 28 with 2701 viewsNed_Kennedys

And still they clap them off??, on 20:57 - Oct 28 by connell10

Jesus's, I'll shut up and take this thread down.Our fan base will get exactly what it deceivers... pathetic like the club.

Glad you don’t sit next to me.
And still they clap them off??, on 21:08 - Oct 28 with 2690 viewsPhilmyRs

And still they clap them off??, on 20:57 - Oct 28 by connell10

Come on, you’ve come on here kicking off about fans clapping the players off after today. You’ve not come on here moaning about clapping after Coventry (which id agreed with you with), not clapping them for walking into the ground from the team bus, but clapping them for putting a decent shift in against a far superior team when we had 10 men for the last part of the game. I couldn’t fault anyone’s work ethic today and had no problem with fans clapping. I read on here all the time about all fans want is for players to leave everything on the pitch. I thought they did that today, as did a number of fans that clapped them off. Finding them getting some claps after that has led to you thinking it is pathetic seems a bit harsh to me.
And still they clap them off??, on 21:11 - Oct 28 with 2671 viewsqpr_1968

And still they clap them off??, on 21:04 - Oct 28 by connell10

As I say very low bar . Oh well I remember when our fans wouldn't have put up with this shite . As I say sleep walking into oblivion...feck it .

chin up mate, your entitled to your opinion, don't let it get to you.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

And still they clap them off??, on 21:20 - Oct 28 with 2604 viewsconnell10

And still they clap them off??, on 21:07 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Mutal mate .

And still they clap them off??, on 21:34 - Oct 28 with 2515 viewsSimonD

And still they clap them off??, on 21:07 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Yeah, me too!

Oh, hang on, I do stand next to him!

We have have a lot of laughs most of the time, but do have our disagreements and still manage to leave as mates at the end of the match. Isn't that what it is all about?
And still they clap them off??, on 22:56 - Oct 28 with 2303 viewsconnell10

Aww thanks Si , see someone likes me

And still they clap them off??, on 23:13 - Oct 28 with 2226 viewsOakR

I clapped them off as I left but I sort of know what Connell means as well.

It's a sad state of affairs when expectations are so low, we are almost happy we've only lost 2-1 at home to Leicester in the Championship. I'm not sure I've ever had such low expectations before a game. If we'd been on good form with a decent team we probably would not have been clapping them off for a good effort.

However, we are where we are as they say, and where we are is right at the bottom of the barrell. Leicester are head and shoulders above us right now on virtually every metric from coaching, the recruitment, to current squad - it's a complete no contest. So the fact we matched them pretty much untli the sending off (I know they had lots of posession but a lot of that was defenders passing to the keeper like Liverpool did in the 80s, chances wise I thought we were pretty even) with the huge division in class meant they had all put in not only a good shift but a good performance, which they did all things considered. So for me, worthy of applause, even if it feels a bit like clapping your sons team for putting in a good performance in the U9s match against a vastly superior team.

Poll: Will we stay up?

And still they clap them off??, on 23:31 - Oct 28 with 2132 viewsKerryE

Look, for the 1000th time we clap the shirt not the people wearing it.
And still they clap them off??, on 00:11 - Oct 29 with 2029 viewsstainrods_elbow

And still they clap them off??, on 23:31 - Oct 28 by KerryE

Look, for the 1000th time we clap the shirt not the people wearing it.

What a bizarre idea! Do you also stand in front of your wardrobe and applaud the contents every Saturday at 5pm?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024