Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" 14:24 - Jan 5 with 2085 viewsnumptydumpty

Had the pleasure one season to be in the row in front of the master tactician who repeatedly was p*ssed with Eze for being simply lazy as whatever.

He repeatedly pleaded for Eze to work harder when Eze was best player on the pitch by a country mile.

He was weighing at over 20 stones so clearly the man knew his onions and his 57.95 utterances to the fact was most enlightening to hear !!!!!

Anyone had a similar occurence of mediocrity !!!!

With friend at country cricket game for Surrey County Cricket Club in Guildford, Stuart Meaker came into bat at number ten. My friend complained that the most he had ever seen Meaker get was two runs.

Then up popped the people behind coming out with the same comment, only they had experienced this many more times than ourselves - they were Stuart Meakers parents - they said "We have only ever seen him score two maximum also, but then we are his mum and dad"

Hole and Swallow two words that came to mind !!!!!

[Post edited 5 Jan 14:25]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 14:39 - Jan 5 with 1987 viewsqprninja

When I had a season ticket on the lower Loft early to mid 90s, there were two blokes on the back row behind the goal who constantly all game, every game bellowed GET IT WIDE!!!! Even when the ball was indeed being passed wide. One game, everyone in the area had enough and piss takingly started shouting GET IT WIIIIIIDE! at them. They stopped doing it after that.
Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 15:05 - Jan 5 with 1876 viewsGaryBannister86

Was that in the lower loft? If so, think I had the "pleasure" of sitting in front of his foghorn voice and his ridiculous "lazy" jibe at Eze. Lost my rag one day, finally, and told him that one day we would sell him for millions.

I know little about football, but from his very first silky touch it was obvious even to me that this guy was a class above.

I think it was the same loudmouth who had a constant go at Barbet - on that day when he was incredible, of all days, and ended up smashing his head into the dugout to boot. Didn't need to say anything that day as Jim Frayling took him to task as the end of the game.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:06]
Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 15:35 - Jan 5 with 1731 viewsBoston

Used to get a headache from one of those '"no midfield, we've got no midfield" types.Never ending.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 15:58 - Jan 5 with 1672 viewsHastings_Hoops

I remember in the early to mid 90’s there was an old Irish bloke that stood in the Loft behind the yellow gate (in front of which, Tom the steward sat)… the old bloke really hated Devon White. Spent a whole match coating off ‘the elephant man’ - how can you not like Devon White?
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:58]
Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 1514 viewsDorse

I used to love taking my disabled friend to the Lower Loft back un the 90s. He loved the football because it was the only place he felt comfortable to express himself. At his school, the PE teacher had a, sort of, catch-phrase that my friend would shout at random. 'Get it wide!' he'd shout, and he would just beam from ear to ear. I used to join in from time to time but, one day, I realised that old Charlie's (my friend's) shouting might not be bringing everyone else as much joy. People started shouting back to us and we eventually stopped coming. Charlie went downhill a bit after this but things got really bad when his dog was run over by a Megabus. He'd never have been walking her if he'd still been coming to QPR. He blamed himself and tried to fix her by doing mouth to mouth. Tragically, he was arrested after camera phone footage entitled 'Man Eating Roadkill' appeared on YouTube. He was last seen muttering 'Get it wide' whilst being sentenced to 5 years in Broadmoor.

God rest his soul.

Not really.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 21:27 - Jan 5 with 1260 viewsslmrstid

There's a guy we know who once stopped Mikele Leigertwood on South Africa Road before a game and started telling him how to be a better midfielder. Mikele just looked at him like he was a nutcase before shrugging him off and walking off.
Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 05:46 - Jan 6 with 1023 viewsnumptydumpty

Sat next to a right "Plum Donut" on 15:05 - Jan 5 by GaryBannister86

Was that in the lower loft? If so, think I had the "pleasure" of sitting in front of his foghorn voice and his ridiculous "lazy" jibe at Eze. Lost my rag one day, finally, and told him that one day we would sell him for millions.

I know little about football, but from his very first silky touch it was obvious even to me that this guy was a class above.

I think it was the same loudmouth who had a constant go at Barbet - on that day when he was incredible, of all days, and ended up smashing his head into the dugout to boot. Didn't need to say anything that day as Jim Frayling took him to task as the end of the game.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:06]

Was in Ellerslie

Been known to shout "Wide man" myself but only few times per game.

Remember a number around me criticism of Les for being lazy often also.

And classic one was couple blokes behind me towards end of the Taraabt season complaining about not getting value for money when we were ten points clear at the top.

A lifetime of disappointment for them with those expectations!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024