Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
six step rule 11:59 - Feb 27 with 1184 viewsbob566

does this still apply to keepers or am i missing something. Counted the oldham keeper take around 10 steps last night. I'm assuming it's not law anymore or why don't refs enforce it if it is.
six step rule on 12:01 - Feb 27 with 972 viewssmegma

I noticed that Tim Howard is the world champion at time wasting as well. I don't think any rules apply to keepers anymore but should an outfield player cast a shadow on a keeper its a foul.
six step rule on 12:02 - Feb 27 with 954 viewsWalnut

six step rule on 12:01 - Feb 27 by smegma

I noticed that Tim Howard is the world champion at time wasting as well. I don't think any rules apply to keepers anymore but should an outfield player cast a shadow on a keeper its a foul.

I think the rule relates to time not steps. SUPPOSEDLY six seconds but whether refs are bothered is another matter
six step rule on 12:13 - Feb 27 with 928 viewsQPunkR

six step rule on 12:02 - Feb 27 by Walnut

I think the rule relates to time not steps. SUPPOSEDLY six seconds but whether refs are bothered is another matter

Yeah it was supposed to be seconds, they brought in the rule years ago. I stopped bothering counting how long keepers hold the ball for a long time ago as it regularly exceeds 10 seconds without the ref ever saying a word

QPR - "shit but local"

six step rule on 12:14 - Feb 27 with 924 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

six step rule on 12:02 - Feb 27 by Walnut

Correct. As per FIFA laws of the game.

Offences committed by goalkeepers:

A goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds.

Edit

That includes when the goalkeeper has the ball under control ie bouncing or dribbling with it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
six step rule on 12:17 - Feb 27 with 913 viewsJuzzie

six step rule on 12:13 - Feb 27 by QPunkR

Yeah it was supposed to be seconds, they brought in the rule years ago. I stopped bothering counting how long keepers hold the ball for a long time ago as it regularly exceeds 10 seconds without the ref ever saying a word

Same here. Lost count how many time keeps well exceed 6 seconds. Ref's don't bother any more.
six step rule on 12:20 - Feb 27 with 896 viewsClive_Anderson

six step rule on 12:14 - Feb 27 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Correct. As per FIFA laws of the game.

Offences committed by goalkeepers:

A goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds.

Edit

That includes when the goalkeeper has the ball under control ie bouncing or dribbling with it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hang on, so if the keeper tries to dribble the ball up field then he has to get rid of it after 6 seconds?
six step rule on 12:20 - Feb 27 with 896 viewsAntti_Heinola

Think that original rule was four steps, but hasn't been around for at least 15 years, maybe more.
The 6 second rule is really to stop inordinate timewasting. Sometimes I count the seconds and it seems ages but really it's only about 8 seconds. It's pretty trivial.

A keeper was punished for holding the ball for about 6.8 seconds at the Olympics in the women's tournament last summer though. Really harsh decision.

Bare bones.

six step rule on 12:34 - Feb 27 with 866 viewsTW_R

six step rule on 12:20 - Feb 27 by Clive_Anderson

Hang on, so if the keeper tries to dribble the ball up field then he has to get rid of it after 6 seconds?

And what about when a keeper has it at their feet, not even dribbling it. As far as I'm aware they can do that for as long as they like, as the ball is deemed as in play and he can be tackled by the opposition.
Login to get fewer ads

six step rule on 12:41 - Feb 27 with 847 viewsblacky200

six step rule on 12:34 - Feb 27 by TW_R

And what about when a keeper has it at their feet, not even dribbling it. As far as I'm aware they can do that for as long as they like, as the ball is deemed as in play and he can be tackled by the opposition.

Correct. The keeper can hold the ball for six seconds and then drop it. After he has done that the ball is deemed in play adn it is up to the opposition to tackle him or make him play it.
six step rule on 12:54 - Feb 27 with 823 viewsdaveB

I thought they scrapped that 6 second rule years ago
six step rule on 13:13 - Feb 27 with 797 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/28/law12-en.

Page 4 should explain
six step rule on 13:22 - Feb 27 with 776 viewsTW_R

six step rule on 13:13 - Feb 27 by Sudbury_Hill_R

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/28/law12-en.

Page 4 should explain

So nothing to do with dribblng then.
six step rule on 13:41 - Feb 27 with 733 viewsPinnerPaul

six step rule on 12:20 - Feb 27 by Clive_Anderson

IN HIS HANDS
six step rule on 13:49 - Feb 27 with 723 viewsPinnerPaul

six step rule on 12:41 - Feb 27 by blacky200

Correct. The keeper can hold the ball for six seconds and then drop it. After he has done that the ball is deemed in play adn it is up to the opposition to tackle him or make him play it.

and once he dropped it he can't pick it up again.

Same applies to a deliberate parry, (not a save) which is why you will see GKs chest the ball sometimes to bring it under control, that way they can pick it up if challenged.
six step rule on 13:57 - Feb 27 with 705 viewsClive_Anderson

six step rule on 13:41 - Feb 27 by PinnerPaul

IN HIS HANDS

How can you dribble with the ball in your hands?
six step rule on 14:03 - Feb 27 with 694 viewsbosh67

Is there a rule to say that the keeper can't 'do a ballboy' and just lie on the ball to waste time. If anyone kicks him it's a foul but the ball is still in play, but not in his hands. If so we need to try and go a goal up and then get some fat bast&rd goalkeeper to lie on the ball for 89 minutes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

six step rule on 14:21 - Feb 27 with 678 viewsTW_R

six step rule on 14:03 - Feb 27 by bosh67

Is there a rule to say that the keeper can't 'do a ballboy' and just lie on the ball to waste time. If anyone kicks him it's a foul but the ball is still in play, but not in his hands. If so we need to try and go a goal up and then get some fat bast&rd goalkeeper to lie on the ball for 89 minutes.

I like it. Where's Paddy K when we we need him?
six step rule on 14:40 - Feb 27 with 660 viewsMatch82

six step rule on 12:20 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

Think that original rule was four steps, but hasn't been around for at least 15 years, maybe more.
The 6 second rule is really to stop inordinate timewasting. Sometimes I count the seconds and it seems ages but really it's only about 8 seconds. It's pretty trivial.

A keeper was punished for holding the ball for about 6.8 seconds at the Olympics in the women's tournament last summer though. Really harsh decision.

I think they changed it from steps to time because opposition players were waiting until the keeper had taken a couple of steps, then deliberately getting in his way so he didn't have a clean kick.

They still do it with the 6 seconds, but at least the keeper can shift direction and move around them now.
six step rule on 15:16 - Feb 27 with 638 viewsloftboy

Look at a watch with a hand for 6 seconds, it is longer than you think, as an ex referee I always had players appealing for that, most keepers released on about 5.5 seconds.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

six step rule on 15:33 - Feb 27 with 623 viewsQPunkR

six step rule on 14:03 - Feb 27 by bosh67

Obstruction

QPR - "shit but local"

six step rule on 17:00 - Feb 27 with 574 viewsenfieldargh

six step rule on 12:01 - Feb 27 by smegma

exept if you play for west brom and rob green is in goal

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

six step rule on 17:05 - Feb 27 with 568 viewsenfieldargh

what i really hate is when the ball goes out for a goal kick say on the left hand side of the goal ; the keeper then casually trots in slow motion to get the ball then rots even slower to the opposit right side of hs 6 yd box , places the ball down, does his stuff then launches it up field(or off for a throw in).

does my head in even when our keepers do it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

six step rule on 13:58 - Feb 28 with 475 viewsPinnerPaul

six step rule on 13:57 - Feb 27 by Clive_Anderson

How can you dribble with the ball in your hands?

You said does that mean he can't dribble with the ball.

The law says can't keep control of the ball WITH HIS HANDS for longer than 6 seconds
six step rule on 13:59 - Feb 28 with 471 viewsPinnerPaul

six step rule on 15:33 - Feb 27 by QPunkR

Obstruction

No such thing but would be stopped on the basis of dangerous (to himself) play or unsporting behaviour.
six step rule on 14:59 - Feb 28 with 447 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I used to throw the ball up as I hit the edge of the area and make contact again with the ball with momentum and long legs about 5 yards outside the area. Idiot teams used to claim for hand ball.

However a few refs gave free kicks against me for kicking it outside the area without bouncing (something like that) Weird, I'm suprised more keepers don't do it you can get 10 yards on a kick and refs never notice.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024