Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FYI 16:18 - Aug 7 with 1232 viewsQPRDave

Shaun Derry interview coming up live on ssn...announced just before the break.. time 16:15

On now!!! 16:23
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 16:23]
FYI on 16:31 - Aug 7 with 1184 viewsQPRDave

Hhhhhmmmmm I think we will be saying goodbye to Dezza pretty soon. He said he had a frank discussion with Harry last night and he wants to play games at his age so would be open to a move to Millwall or anywhere else.
Sad but you can't blame him, players come & go but for me the signings of him and Clint is what changed our team into league winners
FYI on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 1164 viewsRangersw12

FYI on 16:31 - Aug 7 by QPRDave

Hhhhhmmmmm I think we will be saying goodbye to Dezza pretty soon. He said he had a frank discussion with Harry last night and he wants to play games at his age so would be open to a move to Millwall or anywhere else.
Sad but you can't blame him, players come & go but for me the signings of him and Clint is what changed our team into league winners

Been a good servant over the last couple of years but writing is certainly on the wall

lets not forget he was one of the players who treated the Dubai training camp like a "stag do" so not surprised Redknapp wants him gone
FYI on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 1158 viewsAntti_Heinola

FYI on 16:31 - Aug 7 by QPRDave

Agree. The breaking up of our great team from 2 years ago is almost complete. Ale will no doubt be banished soon and Clint will likely lose his place to Dunne.
Incredible, really.

Bare bones.

FYI on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 1159 viewssimmo

All the more limited options with O'Neil joining...

I wouldnt begrudge him a move, although I would have liked to see him stay on and coach.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

FYI on 16:36 - Aug 7 with 1135 viewsBluce_Ree

I'd miss him the most out of any of the players leaving.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

FYI on 16:38 - Aug 7 with 1119 viewsPinnerPaul

FYI on 16:33 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

Agree. The breaking up of our great team from 2 years ago is almost complete. Ale will no doubt be banished soon and Clint will likely lose his place to Dunne.
Incredible, really.

Not that incredible in the modern football world, 3 seasons ago is a long time in football!

Ask Portsmouth, Wolves, Blackburn etc etc etc
FYI on 16:39 - Aug 7 with 1106 viewsfakekerby

Incredible, really.

Let's just keep going with a 34 year old who can no longer play left back and who's form is declining and a 35 year old holding midfielder.
FYI on 16:39 - Aug 7 with 1102 viewsQPRDave

Incredible, really.

I think Faurlin will be ok. Started well. I do fear for Clint but hope he stays real leader & very nice chap to boot
Login to get fewer ads

FYI on 16:40 - Aug 7 with 1093 viewsAntti_Heinola

FYI on 16:39 - Aug 7 by fakekerby

Let's just keep going with a 34 year old who can no longer play left back and who's form is declining and a 35 year old holding midfielder.

Not really my point, but feel free to project whatever you want onto it, fakers.

Bare bones.

FYI on 16:43 - Aug 7 with 1065 viewsQPRDave

FYI on 16:39 - Aug 7 by fakekerby

Age will catch up with players no doubt, but the 2 you mention bring so much more to the club. But as we know with Adel today players come and go.
FYI on 16:43 - Aug 7 with 1063 viewsfakekerby

FYI on 16:40 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

Not really my point, but feel free to project whatever you want onto it, fakers.

Well, they are very much veterans who were initally brought in to do a job for one season, they've been here far longer than any of us expected and one of them, the 35 year old, is going to leave.

Hill will play a part this season for sure and Faurlin has started off well so I think they'll both still be here for a while yet.
FYI on 17:40 - Aug 7 with 953 viewsingeminate

Incredible, really.

Thing is Ali has started the past two games despite people saying with real conviction and sometime frnzied rage that Harry didn't fancy ali and he was out the door. So your banished line looks a continuation of that, but noting to suggest the case this season.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

FYI on 17:51 - Aug 7 with 916 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I will be sad to see Derry leave, after all he has done for us. But i wont be angry at him or the club. He is starting to age and with the O'Neil signing he will get no game time, its a sensible option. Thanks Derry

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

FYI on 18:00 - Aug 7 with 889 viewsQPRDave

FYI on 17:51 - Aug 7 by RANGERS4EVER

I will be sad to see Derry leave, after all he has done for us. But i wont be angry at him or the club. He is starting to age and with the O'Neil signing he will get no game time, its a sensible option. Thanks Derry

That's how i see it too
FYI on 18:11 - Aug 7 with 845 viewswestberksr

also being that bit older he'll probably need game time to maintain match fitness and the odd 10 minute cameo won't do that for him.

sorry to see him go but of all those so far its the one that seems to make sense.

good luck My Lord.
FYI on 19:36 - Aug 7 with 779 viewsAntti_Heinola

FYI on 17:40 - Aug 7 by ingeminate

Thing is Ali has started the past two games despite people saying with real conviction and sometime frnzied rage that Harry didn't fancy ali and he was out the door. So your banished line looks a continuation of that, but noting to suggest the case this season.

Fair enough. Harry does seem awfully keen to rack up central midfielders though, does he not?

Kenny
Orr Gorkss Connolly Hill
Ali Derry
Taarabt Smith Mackie/Routs
Heidar

Only 3 remain, only 2 in the team. I suppose I just find it very hard to really warm to a team that changes so often, so regularly. I think that's why a lot of us are clinging on to the remaining three so much. They are the last remainders of a fantastic season - certainly the best in the last 17 years or so.

We all decided that if we went down it was a time to rebuild, but in fact we're not rebuilding at all. It's more short term solutions - just get promoted and then sign a load more players. We've signed two 30 year olds, a 34 year old, a right back who couldn't get in a Newcastle side that barely avoided relegation - although I think Simpson will do well - and Charlie Austin (good signing!). I'd feel better if we were signing players that might be here a bit longer, that might grow into the club, that might develop genuine affinity for it, as Derry, Hill, Ali, Mackie etc all did. Maybe O'Neil and Henry and Dunne will, I don't know. They're all, with the exception of Henry, decent players, but I'm underwhelmed. We've now signed 3 central midfielders aged about 30 in 6 months. Is there really, really, really not a hungry 21-24 year old with potential out there in league one or even in the championship that might have been worth going for instead of one of them? I just don't understand Harry's recruitment process. And I'm misty-eyed about the Warnock days!

Bare bones.

FYI on 20:26 - Aug 7 with 721 viewsingeminate

FYI on 19:36 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

Fair enough. Harry does seem awfully keen to rack up central midfielders though, does he not?

Kenny
Orr Gorkss Connolly Hill
Ali Derry
Taarabt Smith Mackie/Routs
Heidar

Only 3 remain, only 2 in the team. I suppose I just find it very hard to really warm to a team that changes so often, so regularly. I think that's why a lot of us are clinging on to the remaining three so much. They are the last remainders of a fantastic season - certainly the best in the last 17 years or so.

We all decided that if we went down it was a time to rebuild, but in fact we're not rebuilding at all. It's more short term solutions - just get promoted and then sign a load more players. We've signed two 30 year olds, a 34 year old, a right back who couldn't get in a Newcastle side that barely avoided relegation - although I think Simpson will do well - and Charlie Austin (good signing!). I'd feel better if we were signing players that might be here a bit longer, that might grow into the club, that might develop genuine affinity for it, as Derry, Hill, Ali, Mackie etc all did. Maybe O'Neil and Henry and Dunne will, I don't know. They're all, with the exception of Henry, decent players, but I'm underwhelmed. We've now signed 3 central midfielders aged about 30 in 6 months. Is there really, really, really not a hungry 21-24 year old with potential out there in league one or even in the championship that might have been worth going for instead of one of them? I just don't understand Harry's recruitment process. And I'm misty-eyed about the Warnock days!

Fair enough, me too! Just got to hope he knows what he is doing, jury still out for sure and two wins over weak opposition doe not prove much. That said Harry has done ok in terms of who has bought in so far so till proven otherwise gets the benefit of the doubt and after last year we needed an overhaul!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024