Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many....... 10:57 - Feb 4 with 8355 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

..... of us on here have actually played or been involved in some kind of event or game (round the pole etc) on the hallowed turf (or plastic) of Loftus Road?

I haven't, apart from end of season pitch invasion but always wanted to. There must be some stories out there?
How many....... on 11:07 - Feb 4 with 7023 viewssmegma

I played in the last game on the plastic. It was a cup final. We lost 3-0. I had an absolute nightmare. But my dream came true. We even insisted on using the home dressing room!
How many....... on 11:14 - Feb 4 with 7009 viewsstowmarketrange

I played on the old plastic pitch in its final season.I was asked to play in goal for Paddington post office as they'd hired the pitch for the afternoon.
It was the Sunday after Gascoigne got sent off for Newcastle in a 1-1 draw.They were sweeping up the terraces,and I couldn't believe the amount of empty bottles they found at the Geordies end.Also,there was a big divot right outside the penalty area at the loft end that must have been horrible to take a free kick from that place.It ended up with 14 a side just to give everyone a game.I think we won 9-5 and it was worth all the carpet burns just to say I'd played at Loftus Rd.
How many....... on 11:20 - Feb 4 with 6994 viewssmegma

How many....... on 11:14 - Feb 4 by stowmarketrange

I played on the old plastic pitch in its final season.I was asked to play in goal for Paddington post office as they'd hired the pitch for the afternoon.
It was the Sunday after Gascoigne got sent off for Newcastle in a 1-1 draw.They were sweeping up the terraces,and I couldn't believe the amount of empty bottles they found at the Geordies end.Also,there was a big divot right outside the penalty area at the loft end that must have been horrible to take a free kick from that place.It ended up with 14 a side just to give everyone a game.I think we won 9-5 and it was worth all the carpet burns just to say I'd played at Loftus Rd.

The last game was Paddington Post Office vs Hammersmith Post Office. You obviously wasn't picked for the final then !!!! You had a brilliant rasta winger called Skyers (or similar) who absolutely murdered us first half. We drew the second half though 0-0 !!!
How many....... on 11:26 - Feb 4 with 6964 viewsstowmarketrange

How many....... on 11:20 - Feb 4 by smegma

The last game was Paddington Post Office vs Hammersmith Post Office. You obviously wasn't picked for the final then !!!! You had a brilliant rasta winger called Skyers (or similar) who absolutely murdered us first half. We drew the second half though 0-0 !!!

It was just a friendly between the Paddington boys,and they could only find one mug to go in goal,so they called for me.It was a bit tricky at corners when there are 12 attackers in the box.
How many....... on 11:36 - Feb 4 with 6942 viewsdaveB

I was part of Lizzie from TVAM attempting a world record on the Loftus Road pitch, mid 80's something to do with a work out, we only went so we could go on the pitch. It was all very confusing I still don't really know what we were supposed to be doing

Also got to train with the team on the pitch through school a few times. A 17 year old Gavin Maguire was left to look after us once as the first team had a game the next day and he took out 2 of my school mates with some meaty tackles. Also Terry Fenwick had a heated argument with Peter Hucker in front of all us kids, I discovered a few new words that day
How many....... on 12:28 - Feb 4 with 6841 viewsisawqpratwcity

I visited London in (your) summer 1996. Gained access through several wide-open doors on Ellerslie Road and walked out onto sand (the new pitch foundation). Not quite a pitch, but it was nice to look round the stadium from the middle.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How many....... on 12:39 - Feb 4 with 6798 viewsgjc104

I took at Half Time pen v Man U a season or two ago.

The keep er made a fine, diving saving to his right....well, actually, I hit a man dressed as cat!

I had the wrong shoes on!!!!
How many....... on 12:39 - Feb 4 with 6798 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Took part in a cheque presentation for the Tiger Cubs.

Talking of... I'm sure Jeff or Brewers will do a thread but anyway. If you misse dit on the offish.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/230114-tiger-feet-5-1311382.aspx

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

How many....... on 12:45 - Feb 4 with 6773 viewsMrSheen

Ummmm, once won a five-a-side tournament on the pitch at Stamford Bridge about 1998. Ginormous home dressing room. Sorry, no sabotage.
How many....... on 13:02 - Feb 4 with 6731 viewsloftboy

Was sat in the centre circle in 1987, and helped to rip up the plastic after our last game v Sheffield Wednesday on it, club wasn't too happy about that as half of it was going to the training ground and the other half was sold off at a fiver a time in a presentation box, some people were walking out with rolls of the stuff.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How many....... on 13:08 - Feb 4 with 6707 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Played in a charity game in early 90's. AKUTR's v Whinging Donkey, I think. Had the worst game of my entire life. Still annoys me. Scored a penalty into the Loft, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How many....... on 13:13 - Feb 4 with 6690 viewssmegma

How many....... on 13:08 - Feb 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Played in a charity game in early 90's. AKUTR's v Whinging Donkey, I think. Had the worst game of my entire life. Still annoys me. Scored a penalty into the Loft, though.

Who can forget the hat-trick boy eh ?? Dave Thomas took a neat free kick as well ....
How many....... on 13:27 - Feb 4 with 6661 viewsDesertBoot

As part of the 4th Ealing Boys Brigade band I played pre-match and at half-time in 1985. I've forgotten the game but remember nothing but abuse from my friends as we approached the paddock areas.

Wish I could be like David Watts

How many....... on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 6647 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

A bit morbid but behind the loft goal is a box to put in your loved ones ashes which they then scatter over the pitch in the close season so they say ( I think they sell it as puff)

so my uncle mick returned from aussie and was duly deposited in said box after a walk around the pitch, its the closest I've been to it without having my collar felt ..
How many....... on 13:32 - Feb 4 with 6643 viewsheadhoops

played in a charity game on the plastic pitch - lumbered down the middle and some Vinnie jones wannabe tripped me up - had burns on my knees, elbows and palms for months.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

How many....... on 21:07 - Feb 5 with 6439 viewsNathanNI

Stood in the centre circle with a certain Mr Finney for the minutes applause for George Best with the teams, can't recall who we played. Hull it might have been?
How many....... on 22:29 - Feb 5 with 6383 viewshoopstilidie

Worked relaying the Omniturf 1985, got to knock about with the team on plenty of occasions prior to season kick off. One of the greatest Summers of my life.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

How many....... on 22:32 - Feb 5 with 6377 viewsloftboy

My kids have been on more than me, my 8 year old has done the relay twice and against Everton last season held the big flag as the players came out, my eldest did the cross bar challenge last season as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How many....... on 23:20 - Feb 5 with 6334 viewswombat

Few pitch invasions few end of season celebrations

Played a few staff games Ron berry Kitman at the time was an animal

And while working for the club many moons ago as many kicks abouts as we wanted after work

Grabbed some of the pitch at the final game as well

Would anyone want it back ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

How many....... on 23:44 - Feb 5 with 6305 views100percent

I've had a couple of decent experiences on the hallowed ground.
I played in a music celebrity 5 a side tournament for a band called Buddy Curtis and the Grasshoppers - we got through to the final and lost against the Housemartins in the final.
I also did a charity gig working for the band there called Run the World or something like that there..... bloody long time ago now.....
How many....... on 09:12 - Feb 6 with 6255 viewssmegma

How many....... on 23:44 - Feb 5 by 100percent

I've had a couple of decent experiences on the hallowed ground.
I played in a music celebrity 5 a side tournament for a band called Buddy Curtis and the Grasshoppers - we got through to the final and lost against the Housemartins in the final.
I also did a charity gig working for the band there called Run the World or something like that there..... bloody long time ago now.....

Plus you was at the YES gig in the early 70s of course !!!
How many....... on 10:16 - Feb 6 with 6217 viewsRsStaines

I played on the hallowed turf for Flora Gardens school in the Hammersmith Schools Cup Final in 1960,we won,but can't remember who we played.
I have also twice taken part in penalty shoot out competitions in the last couple of years.
How many....... on 12:08 - Feb 6 with 6168 viewsisawqpratwcity

Also, not quite the pitch, but got to sit inside the fence for the 69-70 Cup game against Chelsea. Attendance was huge, so to relieve overcrowding, kids were allowed to sit inside the barriers. I was with a mate on the left of the goal at the school end.

Barry Bridges gave us a big grin as he landed square in front of us as his diving header just missed going in. We were tied two-all at the time but went on to lose 2-4 to the eventual cup winners, Ah, what might have been?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How many....... on 12:28 - Feb 6 with 6148 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

How many....... on 12:08 - Feb 6 by isawqpratwcity

Also, not quite the pitch, but got to sit inside the fence for the 69-70 Cup game against Chelsea. Attendance was huge, so to relieve overcrowding, kids were allowed to sit inside the barriers. I was with a mate on the left of the goal at the school end.

Barry Bridges gave us a big grin as he landed square in front of us as his diving header just missed going in. We were tied two-all at the time but went on to lose 2-4 to the eventual cup winners, Ah, what might have been?

Remember that game well. I stand to be corrected but think we were 4-1 down and eventually lost 4-2 with Bridges scoring the last from a Marsh pass.
How many....... on 13:35 - Feb 6 with 6086 viewskomradkirk

Three of us were due from N.I.to do round the pole against Preston i think it was.
We planned to be sober but obviously that didnt work and were sitting full drunk at two o'clock in O'Donaghes i recall when Finney rang to say round the pole was cancelled.
The relief was immense.
My lad played on the pitch for the Essex LSA lads in those five a sides that ended the season,managed an own goal i heard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024