Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 21:21 - Feb 22 with 15665 viewsNorthernr

Ok, I'll have a stab at a "rational" just back post. Write this off if you like but here it is.

1 - I'm getting a little bit sick to the back teeth of the happy clappy brigade to be honest. It is ok to be negative, both at the games and on t'internet, about things that are actually negative without somehow devaluing your support of the club. I object to somebody turning round to me after we've conceded a last minute winner to the worst team in the division apart from Yeovil and objecting to me aiming a frustrated "fck off Redknapp" in the direction of the dugout and telling me "if you can't be positive then don't bother coming". Especially when said person is some spotty 18 year old oik who probably only started coming during the fcking Warnock year anyway.

2 - I sense, given that throughout this match, and Reading last Sunday, it was kicking off among QPR fans around the ground, that there is quite a lot of this "you're not a proper fan if you dare to say anything negative" bullsht going around. It was nasty in parts of the away end today. QPR fans kicking off with each other, Tom Carroll being singled out for wholly unfair personal abuse and then cheered off. Horrible place to be. We can talk about taking 3,200 fans down there, and it's a great effort that the team doesn't deserve, but if we're going to be like that it's nothing to be proud of.

3 - Injuries accepted, poor state of the pitch accepted, bad luck accepted everything else etc etc etc that Charlton side is dog toffee. It is fcking awful. The worst side in the division I've seen (missed Bolton home). The QPR side on paper is vastly superior even with the injuries - they'd take every one of our players today. Redknapp, the great man motivator, needs to take full responsibility. It's his team, mostly his players, assembled on the league's biggest budget, and it performs like that.

4 - Every week a different shape, a different system. Gary O'Neil starts, then doesn't make the bench, then makes the bench, then starts three in a row, then disappears again. Will Keane not selected at all for two games, then starts, then a sub, next week probably gone again. Carroll is up and down like a bride's nightie - one week the fulcrum of the team, next week not even in the squad. Jenas, in and out like the fcking hokey cockey. Not a single clue any more what system he wants to play or what players he wants to pick. He's thrashing around.

Oh, and for the benefit for the fcking happy clappy "we're still in the play off places" ostriches - sun was nice in the first half. There's a fcking positive for you to shove up your ars.
Just Back on 14:51 - Feb 24 with 1116 viewsthemodfather

it's all about opinions, many are unhappy at recent losses, we are used to losing but likely have never seen a qpr set up, with the resources thrown at it..and with no shot AGAIN on target, fans do feel chuffed off.
of course we knew we'd lose games, no one really thought we'd run away with this league but it's been building, from qpr holding out and stealing a game, to being caught out, making errors, conceding to losing
suddenly it's "hot ball", who is taking responsibility out there? whatever his name at leics is (and others have done it too) he made us out to be the money bags, the enemy, the favourites and every game we've played has been a final! we're the target, meanwhile little old leics are running away with it....the players need a shake up and to face some criticism, cos they are on the field.
Just Back on 14:59 - Feb 24 with 1099 viewssimmo

Benayoun is a disgustingly gratuitous signing and represents exactly what is wrong with our mentality when it comes to new players and Redknapps approach to things at QPR.

Also, to back up Cive's point, fans support is usually reflective on what is happening in front of us. If we're looking at negative, half arsed shite, we will reflect that in our actions/support. It is not just about singing when we're winning or not bothering to turn up unless we are going to be continuously happy. I have been to games where we have been losing but have played well, you can see the effort and application but have not been good enough on the day or fighting a losing battle against a superior team. The point is that we have everything a team like Charlton would want. Good support, money, top level personnel, a big squad and 18 players that would probably walk into most of their match day squad. But we lost because we didnt want it as much as them, because we were not motivated to beat them, because we are short of confidence and ideas and the players are clearly not improving or addressing their flaws and weaknesses. That is what is unforgivable from the best paid group of players this club has ever seen.

I have the right to tell Redknapp to fck off because he doesnt care as much as me, he's not doing enough to address the deep rooted isues at QPR, and if for a return to the Premier League we ARE to accept that we will not play youth, we will give short term loan contracts, we will pay excessive wages, we will not add value to the playing staff, that we will pay comparatively high prices, we will swallow the relentless hyperbole and empty soundbites from coaches and players, if you want us to take all that then it has to come with delivery on the pitch. If it doesn't, we have a right to ask why and demand a change.

He's extremely well paid, as are his coaching staff, none of which are doing their jobs very well at the moment. Fck the league position, anybody that has been to the majority of games this season will know that being 4th is not a reflection on how we have played, we've been fckin awful for a lot of this season and scraped through thanks to a mixture of unambitious opposition and the odd outstanding individual moment from the likes of Austin. Now teams are giving us less respect and we are having to be a TEAM to win things rather than ask one or 2 players to deliver from nothing, what do you know we are shown up to be actually not very good.

and another thing Redknapp, don't come out and tell us 'we'd have bitten your hand off for the play-offs', when we probably occupied every spot on the top 20 wage earners in this league and that was before you went and signed 4 people on deadline day just because you could. You have FCK ALL excuse not to be doing a lot better than you are.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Just Back on 15:08 - Feb 24 with 1084 viewsQPunkR

Just Back on 14:59 - Feb 24 by simmo

Benayoun is a disgustingly gratuitous signing and represents exactly what is wrong with our mentality when it comes to new players and Redknapps approach to things at QPR.

Also, to back up Cive's point, fans support is usually reflective on what is happening in front of us. If we're looking at negative, half arsed shite, we will reflect that in our actions/support. It is not just about singing when we're winning or not bothering to turn up unless we are going to be continuously happy. I have been to games where we have been losing but have played well, you can see the effort and application but have not been good enough on the day or fighting a losing battle against a superior team. The point is that we have everything a team like Charlton would want. Good support, money, top level personnel, a big squad and 18 players that would probably walk into most of their match day squad. But we lost because we didnt want it as much as them, because we were not motivated to beat them, because we are short of confidence and ideas and the players are clearly not improving or addressing their flaws and weaknesses. That is what is unforgivable from the best paid group of players this club has ever seen.

I have the right to tell Redknapp to fck off because he doesnt care as much as me, he's not doing enough to address the deep rooted isues at QPR, and if for a return to the Premier League we ARE to accept that we will not play youth, we will give short term loan contracts, we will pay excessive wages, we will not add value to the playing staff, that we will pay comparatively high prices, we will swallow the relentless hyperbole and empty soundbites from coaches and players, if you want us to take all that then it has to come with delivery on the pitch. If it doesn't, we have a right to ask why and demand a change.

He's extremely well paid, as are his coaching staff, none of which are doing their jobs very well at the moment. Fck the league position, anybody that has been to the majority of games this season will know that being 4th is not a reflection on how we have played, we've been fckin awful for a lot of this season and scraped through thanks to a mixture of unambitious opposition and the odd outstanding individual moment from the likes of Austin. Now teams are giving us less respect and we are having to be a TEAM to win things rather than ask one or 2 players to deliver from nothing, what do you know we are shown up to be actually not very good.

and another thing Redknapp, don't come out and tell us 'we'd have bitten your hand off for the play-offs', when we probably occupied every spot on the top 20 wage earners in this league and that was before you went and signed 4 people on deadline day just because you could. You have FCK ALL excuse not to be doing a lot better than you are.

QPR - "shit but local"

Just Back on 15:11 - Feb 24 with 1076 viewsstansleftfoot

It's natural to abuse players but it should be remembered they are the poor souls that follow Harry Redknapps empty strategy. It's a natural position to take while watching a game of football, critcism is the right of fans.
Benayoun is a skilled player who creates little pockets of space, he needs time and players around him with some footballing intellect and he needs people to get the ball for him.
He is getting on, but The Championship is not a place for Yossi to stake a claim in a starting place in a top of the table side struggling for form or come on to get a vital goal. A pointless signing.
Chris Powell saw the immediately saw that Harry had weakened the QPR side and put two more attackers on. Just how far wrong can Harry get it?
Benayoun needs protecting and needs somebody to get the ball for him. Yossi Benayoun was a crazy signing, wrong man, wrong league, wrong time of life and the wrong football club.
Warnock understood the Division, you need the Derry's and the Hills to establish the clubs right to play the football it wants.
Harry Redknapp and his team of coaches clearly have no idea of what sort of football they want to play. As the Schteeve McLaren training is forgotten, nothing replaces it.
Respect to Onouha/Traore for inventing stuff, nobody else did a thing.
The only positive with which Harry could work with is that QPR had over 70% possession in the Charlton game.
Carroll provided that, in spite, of Doyle, Maiga, Hoillet, and Traore handing possession straight back it was our remaining defensive strength and our only potential way of winning.
He volunteered possession to Charlton by taking Carroll off, Benayoun came on and contributed nothing on a muddy and competitive arena.
This is not a matter of luck or commitment, this is a matter of bad training and coaching at Harlington, the players are unfairly taking it in the balls from their supporters, I think it's a little unfair because they are playing a type of Football that is fundamentally unsuccessful.
Doyle and Maiga cannot hold the ball up, but they could run onto the end of a cross, or challenge in the the zone of un-certainty.
We should be looking to get balls into the box for Maiga/Doyle to get onto the end of, they don't have the skill to be holding up the ball, playing wall passes, 1-2's, third man running....lets keep it simple, keep the ball, get these two lose cannons in the box, scare their keeper, and get the ball into the danger area's, it's then the mid-fields job to get the second ball again.
Unfair on Yossi Benayoun because he's not the man for the job, he's possibly the worst man for the job we need somebody to do.
Plenty of points available but just doing more of the same is not going to work, we need to start playing to our strengths such as they are, pick the best starting 11, ensure they are fit enough for 95 minutes, and have real alternatives on the bench.
We will lose the momentum and impetus, home and away three at the back gives us 5 in midfield and two up front, unless that midfield five has the defensive security that Hughes, Carroll, Barton/Henry, Hoillet, Traore offers (not brilliant but the best the squad allows) we cannot use that base to get the right balls into Maiga and Doyle. We will be finished as a promotion contender.
Harry needs to do some thinking, I honestly don't believe he has the quality or clarity of thinking to find a solution to QPR not scoring goals.
He's tried Yossi Benayoun in SE7 on the muddy pitch and he disappeared, so what now??? Don't think he's got a clue!
Just Back on 15:39 - Feb 24 with 1033 viewsFDC

Just Back on 14:21 - Feb 24 by Northernr

"You aggressively assert your right to yell abuse at the people you perceive to be most to blame"

No I don't. I object, after a whole bloody match supporting the team and trying to remain upbeat and positive - bar one rant at a linesman - that a lazy "fck off Redknapp" after the goal goes in brings a torrent of stick about how I should make more effort to support the team and if I'm not positive then don't bother coming.

Personally Benayoun has done nothing other than sign the deal he was offered - but his presence and performance level show we've learnt nothing from last year IMO. Exactly the sort of not bothered, past it, big earner who comes here and doesn't give a sht.

This 'positivity fascism' of the past year or so is really tedious.
Just Back on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 1010 viewsTheBlob

It's quite remarkable.Only on a football forum can you be roundly condemned for being positive.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Just Back on 16:46 - Feb 24 with 955 viewsFDC

Just Back on 15:45 - Feb 24 by TheBlob

It's quite remarkable.Only on a football forum can you be roundly condemned for being positive.

Being positive and giving someone a hard time for not being positive are different things.
Just Back on 17:17 - Feb 24 with 923 viewsRangersAreBack

Just Back on 19:54 - Feb 23 by SimonJames

Does the panel think, with only 15 games to go and maybe a couple of play off matches, is there actually enough time to come up with a team that can compete in the Premiership?

Getting to the Premier League is the objective (crucial to our finances and infrastructure plans). With so many of our players out of contract at the end of this season, building a squad capable of staying there is a task for the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 18:08 - Feb 24 with 900 viewsterryb

Just Back on 17:17 - Feb 24 by RangersAreBack

Getting to the Premier League is the objective (crucial to our finances and infrastructure plans). With so many of our players out of contract at the end of this season, building a squad capable of staying there is a task for the summer.

Why is promotion this season crucial to our finances & infrastructure?

It may be crucial as far as FFP goes IF we continue with the insane policy of signing players at a cost (transfers & wages) that we can't afford. If we sign younger players at a fraction of that cost we may even reach FFP.

Our infrastructure is even more secure if we followed this path than to be promoted only to repeat our actions of the previous two seasons. I don't know if TF etc. will stay if we still in the championship but he repeatedly states that he will.

Please give me a younger manager & players next season that will try to win matches. If they lose but have given their all I would happily accept that.

What I will find hard to do, is renew my ST if we are going to follow the current strategy & very dull football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024