Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 21:21 - Feb 22 with 15666 viewsNorthernr

Ok, I'll have a stab at a "rational" just back post. Write this off if you like but here it is.

1 - I'm getting a little bit sick to the back teeth of the happy clappy brigade to be honest. It is ok to be negative, both at the games and on t'internet, about things that are actually negative without somehow devaluing your support of the club. I object to somebody turning round to me after we've conceded a last minute winner to the worst team in the division apart from Yeovil and objecting to me aiming a frustrated "fck off Redknapp" in the direction of the dugout and telling me "if you can't be positive then don't bother coming". Especially when said person is some spotty 18 year old oik who probably only started coming during the fcking Warnock year anyway.

2 - I sense, given that throughout this match, and Reading last Sunday, it was kicking off among QPR fans around the ground, that there is quite a lot of this "you're not a proper fan if you dare to say anything negative" bullsht going around. It was nasty in parts of the away end today. QPR fans kicking off with each other, Tom Carroll being singled out for wholly unfair personal abuse and then cheered off. Horrible place to be. We can talk about taking 3,200 fans down there, and it's a great effort that the team doesn't deserve, but if we're going to be like that it's nothing to be proud of.

3 - Injuries accepted, poor state of the pitch accepted, bad luck accepted everything else etc etc etc that Charlton side is dog toffee. It is fcking awful. The worst side in the division I've seen (missed Bolton home). The QPR side on paper is vastly superior even with the injuries - they'd take every one of our players today. Redknapp, the great man motivator, needs to take full responsibility. It's his team, mostly his players, assembled on the league's biggest budget, and it performs like that.

4 - Every week a different shape, a different system. Gary O'Neil starts, then doesn't make the bench, then makes the bench, then starts three in a row, then disappears again. Will Keane not selected at all for two games, then starts, then a sub, next week probably gone again. Carroll is up and down like a bride's nightie - one week the fulcrum of the team, next week not even in the squad. Jenas, in and out like the fcking hokey cockey. Not a single clue any more what system he wants to play or what players he wants to pick. He's thrashing around.

Oh, and for the benefit for the fcking happy clappy "we're still in the play off places" ostriches - sun was nice in the first half. There's a fcking positive for you to shove up your ars.
Just Back on 23:07 - Feb 22 with 2458 viewsHollowayRanger

Just Back on 22:24 - Feb 22 by MedwayR

Right now it feels the same as just before Warnock joined, loads of loans & overpaid crap, no idea & no desire. So we've gone full circle and the only difference is that we're paying a lot more in wages!!

maybe thats the answer!

but wrong to boo carroll whats he on compared to most of the other money sucking leeches

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just Back on 23:10 - Feb 22 with 2437 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 22:54 - Feb 22 by BklynRanger

On that subject, Ted, I can't seem to get his comment out of my head, "The game's easy when you've got good players".

It gives the transfer market and the wheeling and dealing shyte priority over anything that's supposed to be done as far as preparation and tactics are concerned. And his lack of interest in coaching and tactics has been documented by people a lot more knowledgeable than me.

Which brings us to Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan, Wally Downes and whoever else Redknapp has entrusted with getting something out of this squad. What the fcuk are they up to? McLaren leaves and we seem to go downhill at an ever increasing speed.

If we were to sack him this week, I'd expect Warnock to be in til the end of the season, then appointed sporting director. And I'd have no problem with that.

Bare bones.

Just Back on 23:10 - Feb 22 with 2439 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 by ted_hendrix

The word Manage means just that, our performances have IMO been getting steadily worse week on week, I accept that our injuries have been vicious but that no longer is an excuse.
If I ask myself one more time next Saturday when we're playing Leeds "what exactly do we actually fcking do during the week on the training pitch" I'll kill somebody.
I'm actually pissed off bloody watching us play, pissed off driving to the ground and even more pissed off driving home.
Yea the word manage means that alright, and you fcking Redknapp cant do it so swallow your barrow boy pride and fck off.
I'm sick of the sight of you and you're poxy back room staff.

That's the thing isn't it? What exactly is Redknapp doing for us? Is it the team selection - cos as Clive says, that's all over the place. Is it nous in the transfer market - on which case, why do we have more loanees than we can actually field, not to mention players that have been and gone without ever being used. Is it coaching, in which case why are none of the players getting any better, if anything decent players are now getting worse.

We've had best part of three seasons now of high profile media darling managers who haven't a clue about anything except spunking away someone else's money.
Just Back on 23:14 - Feb 22 with 2422 viewsBklynRanger

Just Back on 23:10 - Feb 22 by Antti_Heinola

If we were to sack him this week, I'd expect Warnock to be in til the end of the season, then appointed sporting director. And I'd have no problem with that.

You seem to have some knowledge of Warnock's interest in coming back, Antti. Care to spill them there beans?
Just Back on 23:29 - Feb 22 with 2359 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

To be honest it's been a poor season. We're 4th and heading south and the sad thing is there was just an inevitability to it from the start. I've been saying all season we've been lucky in so many of our wins. Always bundling the ball home and rarely showing a real team goal. Rarely if ever putting a team to the sword and showing off our talents. I think we have too many luxory players, not enough of our own and why aren't we getting more out of our seemingly very good youth players? I'd rather see some of them try than some of those who are currently turning out in our beleaguered Hoops.

I'm trying not to be too negative and I have been away so missed a few games but caught most on tv (every game is on everywhere in south Africa!) and I'm not sorry to have missed them. It's become such a chore to turn up and be cheery and ready to sing our hearts out for the lads...now I'm usually hoarse because I'm pissed off not singing the songs we used to sing.

It's a sad and depressing time that I had hoped we wouldn't be seeing but buckle up chaps and chappettes, it's QPR, it's what we do.
Just Back on 23:35 - Feb 22 with 2338 viewsFearless

My view for what it's worth

Lovely day, train to North Greenwich, stroll along the thames path to the anchor and hope for beers with the lads.
After the game, a quick walk up to a great pub in charlton village - taxi to Greenwich for more beers in the Trafalgar and the gypsy moth - great day out.

But, spoilt by 2ish horrendous hours watching the equivalent of paint dry.
1st half, 3 at the back, Hughes pushing hoillet inside, about 80% possession - not a shot on target.
The whole game played at waking pace.
But Charlton managed to somehow manage to hit both posts.

2nd half, 2 sliced efforts from "Ravel", a bit more tempo., jenas abdicating responsibility constantly and then the goalie gifts the ball to Maiga who manages to run it out of play.

Then the chance of the game for Ravel, who I am reliably informed by HR "saw it late"

Then the sucker punch (although to be fair, ignoring possession they'd at least worked Green during the game.

I can't be bothered to post what I think of redknapp, but the comments at the full time whistle said it all.

I wouldn't replace him, this is his team, his coaches, his tactics, let's see how things finish in May

Lovely day out all in all

Ps - any truth in the story that the charlton goalie has put his gloves on eBay as "like new"?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 23:38]
Just Back on 23:48 - Feb 22 with 2286 viewsBrightonhoop

As much I'd like to see Arry go now, he should be left to watch the dirge he has assembled and mumble to the cameras after every 'performance' that produces no shots on targets with the budget he's been given and squandered. McClaren's going was fatal.

No wonder the FA chose Hodgson.
Just Back on 23:48 - Feb 22 with 2273 viewsSpiritofGregory

Just Back on 21:59 - Feb 22 by PhilmyRs

The treatment of Carroll today was embarassing. The guy was putting effort in and he's only a kid still developing his game. Was out of order. Too many fans jump on the back of any player that tries to keep the ball and pass to feet. They would much rather a 'get rid and tackle approach'. Agreed too much aimless passing today, but this wasn't Tom Carroll's fault.

Anger should be aimed towards Harry. It's not Tom fault that Harry brought him in on loan.

We need a box to box midfield who chips in with goals and Harry produces Tom Carroll says it all really. Transfer policy at Rangers is a joke.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 00:01 - Feb 23 with 2244 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 23:14 - Feb 22 by BklynRanger

You seem to have some knowledge of Warnock's interest in coming back, Antti. Care to spill them there beans?

He's never hidden his love for the club or the fans. He has no beef with TF. I have heard that he hasn't been shy in saying he wouldn't have minded a short-term return, say, if Redknapp had gone to Palace or something like that. I can't say anymore, sorry!

Bare bones.

Just Back on 00:04 - Feb 23 with 2237 viewsspencer

No point in sacking Rednapp at this stage of season.We have far too many loans and any new potential manager would have to use what he has at his disposal.

Thankfully i declined a ticket for todays game, based on the fact i was so hacked off with last weeks game V Reading.Haven't walked away from LR feeling that shit in many a year.

Also don't understand the mentality of QPR fans, having digs in R Block and other parts of LR last weekend...On message boards such as this..I've supported since this year gives me the right etc etc.

I will always support QPR and never ever support another club, but at this moment in time the thought of having to get up early to watch our next home game midday V leeds just doesn't cut it at the moment...Would rather walk 5 minutes and support my local team Folkestone Invicta.

The money, we so much chastised Chelsea about, has brought nothing by jealousy and bad times at QPR. WTF are we doing loaning out x amounts of players and loaning in the same.

I was a big fan of Harry when he joined , but have to say a lot of what has been said above ...is very true .

Just as a bit of fun..i thought i would list the players that are at the club , that i would keep if we stayed down or even god forbid got promoted.

Green

Simpson ( Injured)
Dunne
?
?

Phillips ( Injured)
Faurlin ( Injured)
Barton?

Austin ( Injured)
?

Possible squad players. Hill Harriman Ehmer Traore Hitchcock.

Haven't mentioned Remy or Taarabt as i don't think any chance of ever returning

So..Effectively Green-Dunne-Barton as the other players are injured.

Have no idea what lies ahead for rest of season...Pain i would assume
Just Back on 00:08 - Feb 23 with 2220 viewsJigsore

Just Back on 00:01 - Feb 23 by Antti_Heinola

He's never hidden his love for the club or the fans. He has no beef with TF. I have heard that he hasn't been shy in saying he wouldn't have minded a short-term return, say, if Redknapp had gone to Palace or something like that. I can't say anymore, sorry!

oh come on surely you don't believe that? thats just Warnock been Warnock. He'd go to Sheff Wed if it meant another job. The man worked miracles with us, those were great times, but he's so full of himself for a bloke so absent of dignity. His autobiography was on a par with Morrissey's for self-promotion and for one-upping old enemies for goodness sake

then again... I wonder if he's replied to those emails yet

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Just Back on 00:12 - Feb 23 with 2205 viewsJamesSW12

Not a regular on here but dave b and northernr always seem pretty level headed. For them both to (seem at least) to be coming round to the "harry out" side means that we are in dire straits. Tony should do whatever he can to get Malky Mackay in on 4 year deal.
Just Back on 03:43 - Feb 23 with 2102 viewsFredManRave

Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 by ted_hendrix

The word Manage means just that, our performances have IMO been getting steadily worse week on week, I accept that our injuries have been vicious but that no longer is an excuse.
If I ask myself one more time next Saturday when we're playing Leeds "what exactly do we actually fcking do during the week on the training pitch" I'll kill somebody.
I'm actually pissed off bloody watching us play, pissed off driving to the ground and even more pissed off driving home.
Yea the word manage means that alright, and you fcking Redknapp cant do it so swallow your barrow boy pride and fck off.
I'm sick of the sight of you and you're poxy back room staff.

Manager, he manager;

What else is there to do...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Just Back on 05:15 - Feb 23 with 2074 viewsFDC

Just Back on 22:36 - Feb 22 by YorkRanger

Crikey Ted, you are normally the voice of reason . Must be bad tonight...

What ted's saying *is* the voice of reason though york. Qpr's in trouble here.
Just Back on 08:17 - Feb 23 with 1992 viewswestberksr

Even when we were top we were playing poor football for the 'quality' of the squad, but at least schteve had us playing with a consistent shape.

Now it looks like harry & co go to the pub on Friday and draw lots from 3 bags with defenders, midfielder & attackers. Bobs your uncle, there's the team and whose round is it next, I know let's spoof for it!

Injuries aside how can you change half the team and the formation every fukkin week. He's a clueless prick and what harm would getting rid of him do?
Just Back on 08:28 - Feb 23 with 1982 viewsjohnhoop

Just Back on 08:17 - Feb 23 by westberksr

Even when we were top we were playing poor football for the 'quality' of the squad, but at least schteve had us playing with a consistent shape.

Now it looks like harry & co go to the pub on Friday and draw lots from 3 bags with defenders, midfielder & attackers. Bobs your uncle, there's the team and whose round is it next, I know let's spoof for it!

Injuries aside how can you change half the team and the formation every fukkin week. He's a clueless prick and what harm would getting rid of him do?

"Clueless prick" just about sums it up.
I started having real worries about the guy's connection to reality after we were relegated at the end of last season and some journo asked him how he thought we would do in the Championship. His reply was that we would be ok because we'd got Bobby Zamora ! This was at a time when virtually every Rangers fan realized that Zamora was finished, a crock with the mobility of a telegraph pole. I thought then that if he's as out of touch with reality as this we're in real trouble and so it has proved to be.
Just Back on 09:16 - Feb 23 with 1863 viewsbaz_qpr

Funny the difference a month makes - in January HR was up for manager of the month we were sitting in 2nd (somehow) 4 weeks later we are in meltdown.

We had an awful January transfer window where everyone else strengthened with the injuries we sustained and the players we brought in we weakened. Cesar has barely been out the door 10 days and Green and has reverted to the flapping mess he was last year.

The switch back to 4-4-2 has been a total disaster, we have no idea how or why we should play a certain way. We seemingly have no pattern of play for players to fit into, something is going very badly wrong coaching wise, there is no belief, no understanding and no urgency. I don't see sacking HR as the answer, he will walk in the summer anyway, but I think HR really needs to sort out his coaching staff, Downes has been a disaster, HR needs a tactician and a coach and a change in order to attempt to salvage something from this season
Just Back on 09:19 - Feb 23 with 1851 viewsLoft1979

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=350607
Just Back on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 1838 viewsheadhoops

Been holding back and reading the comments before sticking in my two bobs worth.
We have as every one says the biggest most talented squad in the division that's a point I would argue,however, it does not matter how good the players are if week in and week out there are wholesale changes. Add in that we don't have any style of play and our lack of set plays its no wonder the likes of Charlton who are bottom for a reason can beat us.

The players with the exception of a few including LTC have no motivation and all of the above points in only one direction the manager. IMO we won't make the play offs with, quote, clueless prick in charge.

Wouldn't mind mackay or di matteo in fact anyone who will give me a rangers team who look like they give a sht.

Finally I've been a fan for 50+ years that makes me no better or worse than any spotty 18 year old we are both entitled to our opinions based on the performance and yesterday it was embarrassing.

Redknapp will never stick his hands up and don't expect him to walk TF has some tough decisions to make for what it's worth I suspect the Harry out brigade are no longer in the minority.

Finally to really get dogs abuse thrown at me can I mention tarbs?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Just Back on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 1838 viewsCHUBBS

Just Back on 22:21 - Feb 22 by Antti_Heinola

re: Jenas. I just think people have given up on him and it's not worth saying 'Jenas was quiet today'. He's such a nonentity it's not worth mentioning.
I noticed something about him today. He never sprints. Ever. He jogs. A lot. In my view, him and SWP may really regret how they've wasted their careers when they should be in their prime. If I was either one of them with the careers they've had I would be absolutely ashamed of myself that I'm not an automatic choice for this side in this league. It's an absolute disgrace and a massive indictment of them as footballers - and men.

Totally agree and their young apprentice toilet is heading the exact same way.
Talks the talk saying we need to go up automatically then puts in yet another pointless performance.
I f he had the heart of Clint he'd be playing in the champions league.
As for Tom Carrol,i'm not to sure if they were booing the manager for picking him in the 1st place.
He may be a good kid,but he's not built or ready to play at the level required to get promoted.
Besides some poor finishing,i thought Morrison looked quality and will have a big say if we make the playoffs or not.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 9:26]
Just Back on 09:43 - Feb 23 with 1801 viewsgoldie7

Gary O'neil is injured I believe, sore knee he'd been carrying for a few weeks..this explains his recent disappearance
Just Back on 09:54 - Feb 23 with 1777 viewshoopstilidie

I would rather fail miserably with our own youngsters on the pitch giving it a good go than flail around with the expectation this team has somehow managed to garner for itself loaded down with loanees ( 2 of which from any permutation we can't even use on a given day ffs!), make-weights and piss takers.
This of course would take a combination of management/coaching so it won't happen but by Christ I'd take it every week of the season regardless of the outcome.
I can handle defeat but, as Ted said, it's the manner of it that stings.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Just Back on 10:10 - Feb 23 with 1741 viewskropotkin41

Just Back on 09:54 - Feb 23 by hoopstilidie

I would rather fail miserably with our own youngsters on the pitch giving it a good go than flail around with the expectation this team has somehow managed to garner for itself loaded down with loanees ( 2 of which from any permutation we can't even use on a given day ffs!), make-weights and piss takers.
This of course would take a combination of management/coaching so it won't happen but by Christ I'd take it every week of the season regardless of the outcome.

Frankly, at this stage I'd be more likely to make plans to come to see the couple more games this season I had planned if we were bankrupt, in the relegation zone, but with a team of fighters and a manager interested in building the club for the future.

The best part of the last three seasons have been the worst I can remember. I just hope (without much reason to do so) that Northern is wrong and that there is some way back from this position without going for another big name and without repeating mistakes to the point of (even deeper) insanity.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Just Back on 10:10 - Feb 23 with 1741 viewsTHEBUSH

Just Back on 09:54 - Feb 23 by hoopstilidie

I agree with you, but you know there are others that would say, we should have more experience in the team and buy our way out of trouble.

Everybody has their own opinion and then arguments occur, that's life I suppose.

QPR has to go forward, we can't turn the clock back, imo TF's idea's are on the right track, New Stadium, New Youth Set-up, the most difficult bit is, getting the first team right !!
Just Back on 10:12 - Feb 23 with 1733 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 00:08 - Feb 23 by Jigsore

oh come on surely you don't believe that? thats just Warnock been Warnock. He'd go to Sheff Wed if it meant another job. The man worked miracles with us, those were great times, but he's so full of himself for a bloke so absent of dignity. His autobiography was on a par with Morrissey's for self-promotion and for one-upping old enemies for goodness sake

then again... I wonder if he's replied to those emails yet

fair do's. just passing along what I've heard.
Warnock has his faults, like we all do, but at least he managed with a smile on his face and played football matches to win. Which part is unbelievable?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024