Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 21:21 - Feb 22 with 15721 viewsNorthernr

Ok, I'll have a stab at a "rational" just back post. Write this off if you like but here it is.

1 - I'm getting a little bit sick to the back teeth of the happy clappy brigade to be honest. It is ok to be negative, both at the games and on t'internet, about things that are actually negative without somehow devaluing your support of the club. I object to somebody turning round to me after we've conceded a last minute winner to the worst team in the division apart from Yeovil and objecting to me aiming a frustrated "fck off Redknapp" in the direction of the dugout and telling me "if you can't be positive then don't bother coming". Especially when said person is some spotty 18 year old oik who probably only started coming during the fcking Warnock year anyway.

2 - I sense, given that throughout this match, and Reading last Sunday, it was kicking off among QPR fans around the ground, that there is quite a lot of this "you're not a proper fan if you dare to say anything negative" bullsht going around. It was nasty in parts of the away end today. QPR fans kicking off with each other, Tom Carroll being singled out for wholly unfair personal abuse and then cheered off. Horrible place to be. We can talk about taking 3,200 fans down there, and it's a great effort that the team doesn't deserve, but if we're going to be like that it's nothing to be proud of.

3 - Injuries accepted, poor state of the pitch accepted, bad luck accepted everything else etc etc etc that Charlton side is dog toffee. It is fcking awful. The worst side in the division I've seen (missed Bolton home). The QPR side on paper is vastly superior even with the injuries - they'd take every one of our players today. Redknapp, the great man motivator, needs to take full responsibility. It's his team, mostly his players, assembled on the league's biggest budget, and it performs like that.

4 - Every week a different shape, a different system. Gary O'Neil starts, then doesn't make the bench, then makes the bench, then starts three in a row, then disappears again. Will Keane not selected at all for two games, then starts, then a sub, next week probably gone again. Carroll is up and down like a bride's nightie - one week the fulcrum of the team, next week not even in the squad. Jenas, in and out like the fcking hokey cockey. Not a single clue any more what system he wants to play or what players he wants to pick. He's thrashing around.

Oh, and for the benefit for the fcking happy clappy "we're still in the play off places" ostriches - sun was nice in the first half. There's a fcking positive for you to shove up your ars.
Just Back on 10:13 - Feb 23 with 2147 viewsjonno

Just Back on 21:53 - Feb 22 by qprewan

You must have been very unlucky to get that reaction, I shouted exactly the same and to be honest all I heard all the way back to London Bridge was mass anger towards HR.
You are completely right he is thrashing around without a clue. Personally I would like to be rid of him asap I'd take di matteo straight away though not sure he'd vome to us - what about Steve Clarke?he can coach as well something that seems beyond Harry and his staff.

This is why I asked the question on here a couple of months ago - "What exactly does Kevin Bond do?", to a certain amount of criticism. Because at that time, even though I believe we were top or second in the table, it was clear to me that the team was not being coached in any sort of professional manner. There were no clear patterns of play, there was not a lot of organisation in the midfield, there was no attacking intent from there but just a lot of aimless passing of the ball. It's hard work getting forward from midfield to support the attack continually form midfield - and that is something most of our players simply do not do - work hard. I would also question the fitness of a lot of the players - yes they may be late 20s or early 30s but they are consistently second to the ball against opposing players - and the fact that some of the opposition may be a few years younger is absolutely no excuse for a professional. And many of the opposition are a similar age in any case. It's been obvious to me that fitness levels are some way below where they should be. All of the above is down to the coaches, or the lack of them, including Redknapp. Everyone is getting an easy ride by the look of it to me. I suspected losing McLaren (who is actually a proper coach not just one of HRs mates) would be a blow and that is how it has turned out.
Just Back on 10:23 - Feb 23 with 2106 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 10:13 - Feb 23 by jonno

This is why I asked the question on here a couple of months ago - "What exactly does Kevin Bond do?", to a certain amount of criticism. Because at that time, even though I believe we were top or second in the table, it was clear to me that the team was not being coached in any sort of professional manner. There were no clear patterns of play, there was not a lot of organisation in the midfield, there was no attacking intent from there but just a lot of aimless passing of the ball. It's hard work getting forward from midfield to support the attack continually form midfield - and that is something most of our players simply do not do - work hard. I would also question the fitness of a lot of the players - yes they may be late 20s or early 30s but they are consistently second to the ball against opposing players - and the fact that some of the opposition may be a few years younger is absolutely no excuse for a professional. And many of the opposition are a similar age in any case. It's been obvious to me that fitness levels are some way below where they should be. All of the above is down to the coaches, or the lack of them, including Redknapp. Everyone is getting an easy ride by the look of it to me. I suspected losing McLaren (who is actually a proper coach not just one of HRs mates) would be a blow and that is how it has turned out.

spot on as usual jonno.
as i mentioned somewhere else, it's laughable watching Jenas, just jogging around with no urgency whatsoever. But this issue isn't limited to him - it's all over the pitch. I remember Olly talking years back about practising closing down so that oppo players only get a max of 3 seconds before a challenge comes in. We gave Charlton 7, 8 seconds consistently, all over the pitch. And I agree - that is down to poor coaching.

Bare bones.

Just Back on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 2075 viewsDesertBoot

At the Open Day training session McLaren did all the outfield players coaching, Hitchcock worked with the goalkeepers, Jordan and Bond watched on, Redknapp watched on for about twenty minutes then was gone.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Just Back on 11:02 - Feb 23 with 2024 viewsLowerloftLad

The younger generation should respect the older generation more ? they only time they talk about the golden genaration was the 70s. I had only been following qpr a few years when we got turned over by vauxhall fooking moters and I stuck around so while you have stan Bowles we had Stefan Moore and yes I still stuck money in bucket to keep the club alive we all want QPR to do well and quite frankly after two and a half years of depression the stands our becoming more like a war zone. and yes I will stand up and shout at the games when there playing utter crap the wage bill for them 11 so called football players yesterday would have been higher than than the 3200 QPR fans wage bills

Yes they they were awful yesterday and they have been bloody awful now for the past two seasons hence punch ups in the last few weeks and if we go 1-0 down to leeds it's all going to kick off.

Right they looked lost yesterday they didn't look like they knew the system they were meant to be playing they dont look like a team and there's certainly no plan B they don't look bothered. certain points in the game Charlton stood so far of us I thought they were going to join us in the stands and we still couldn't pick a ball out. or look to go forward. we just pass sideways and we don't even do that well due to the pace that we pass the ball at. I said all charlton need to do is show some kind of believe they can win the game and they will

Who else thought there keeper looked very suspect to any shot on target and we would have scored ?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 11:05]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Just Back on 11:10 - Feb 23 with 2005 viewsQPRDave

Just Back on 00:01 - Feb 23 by Antti_Heinola

He's never hidden his love for the club or the fans. He has no beef with TF. I have heard that he hasn't been shy in saying he wouldn't have minded a short-term return, say, if Redknapp had gone to Palace or something like that. I can't say anymore, sorry!

Can't see NW coming back here...he's settled down in Cornwall and has a bit of media work. Anyway what about all the he doesn't attend training and stuff that alot of fans sl*gged him off for when sacked....His love is Sheff Utd
Just Back on 11:16 - Feb 23 with 2002 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'm never normally negative during the game, even at Doncaster this season, but I lost it today for the first time in 20 years at this absolute cnt of a team. On reflection I was harsh on Carroll and it is true he looks worse for putting his head above the parapet. Him and Morrison linking up was the only positive.

However, Hoilett and Jenas are experienced players with no bottle whatsoever. Traore didn't fancy it and gave Wilson his easiest game of the season.

The biggest culprit is the manager, however. What formation was that? No one on the right half of the pitch except Aaron Hughes. Mystifying substitutions- what does Maiga add to this team when he can't control the poxy football?
Just Back on 11:34 - Feb 23 with 1964 viewsQPRDave

Carroll from what i've seen isn't up to the championship, and Derby fans say the same.
Sideways player pretty triangles in the centre of the pitch, just not what we needed
Just Back on 12:16 - Feb 23 with 1889 viewsjointy

It may have been my cynical mind working overtime but I swear that our "management" team had no idea who they were going to bring off for the 3rd substitution despite the fact Benayoun had been stripped and ready to go on for 35 minutes. Both Benayoun and the 4th official kept looking and shouting to our intrepid trio for a number to put on the board! Taking the positives at least they finally gave one that was actually out on the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 12:54 - Feb 23 with 1849 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 11:10 - Feb 23 by QPRDave

Can't see NW coming back here...he's settled down in Cornwall and has a bit of media work. Anyway what about all the he doesn't attend training and stuff that alot of fans sl*gged him off for when sacked....His love is Sheff Utd

trust me, he'd come short term til the end of the season. and then he'd be happy to go upstairs and oversee things once we get a younger manager in.
it won't happen, so it's not worth discussing other than as a vague possibility if Redknapp falls on his sword, which is unlikely. TF won't sack him, nor should he.
Although if Redknapp is really leaking stories he might give it up at the end of the season anyway, a change now might be sensible.

Bare bones.

Just Back on 12:55 - Feb 23 with 1845 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 12:16 - Feb 23 by jointy

It may have been my cynical mind working overtime but I swear that our "management" team had no idea who they were going to bring off for the 3rd substitution despite the fact Benayoun had been stripped and ready to go on for 35 minutes. Both Benayoun and the 4th official kept looking and shouting to our intrepid trio for a number to put on the board! Taking the positives at least they finally gave one that was actually out on the pitch.

I will defend them there - Morrison had been hobbling a bit for a few minutes and I think they wanted to be sure he could carry on. That was why there was a delay.

Bare bones.

Just Back on 13:02 - Feb 23 with 1830 viewsAgedR

A lot of our reaction to recent performances shows that same sense of entitlement that TF has exhibited with his transfer policy.

"With all these pedigree players on the books we are entitled to go up"

Well we're not and never were. This is a tough league, ask Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn, Reading and Wigan. All bar 5 clubs in this division would swap places with us and, with our squad, we must still be favourites (not entitled) to join Leicester in automatic promotion or make the play offs at the very least.

We are on a bad run, but, it was only a few weeks ago that we were all beaming after the fantastic game with Burnley.

The in fighting in the stands just shows that we are exhibiting all the clear lack of class and judgement that our players did last season. We're acting like spoilt brats; asking for a man to lose his his job ffs.

We're entitled to fxck all, but, we're well placed to go up none the less.

However, what the end goal and long term policy of the club is and how TF is going about it is a different matter entirely. I'm not even sure that I'm not supporting a club with ownership that has planned outcomes which are just about the antithesis of everything I love about QPR.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 13:02]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Just Back on 14:03 - Feb 23 with 1766 viewsstansleftfoot

TF's investment could have forced his hand, I think we all began to believe that a mix of good young players; Austin, Phillips, Hoillet, Onouha - Experienced Premiership Internationals; Greene, Dunne, BAE, Simpson; - Plus a scattering of loan players would provide safety from the relegation becoming a rush to the First Division.
Coached by Mclaren it actually became a great defensive set - up and made us promotion candidates, which we still are.
However, Harry's management and most importantly his coaching/selection failed to improve our performances, The experienced players perform as well as they can, with the occasional mistake which in such a low scoring side have cost us important points.
The opportunity to improve the sides goal scoring and creativity where acknowledged by Harry and addressed by signing two players who with the greatest latitude are hardly Championship strikers, let alone players to score guaranteed goals. Doyle and Maiga failed to control the ball yesterday...ever!
Harry Redknapp seems beyond making management decisions that can let the Club take advantage of it's great start.
No strikers, No imposing midfield general, no matchtime substitutions, yesterday with 10 or 15 to go, could have been 35 minutes he's considering bringing on Benayoun who will NOT retain possession. Finally he does, we concede our 70% possession and go on to lose.
The goal yesterday sums up HR's management, squad selection leaves him bereft of options, he dithers and finally makes the wrong substitution, in the long term he's making his job harder, in the short term he makes his players chances impossible.
TF should chop the head off the serpent all the way down to Wally Downes.
Bond and Harry have admitted they don't know why there's no movement for Carroll or Krancjar and now Ravel to play with, they look like they don't know, and they don't or haven't done anything about it. The side look like they are strangers.
That is their job, they don't have to be sacked, they should just be asked to resign. What reason would they give for staying; " we are good for the club in the short and long term"
The serpent needs it's head chopping off, and get some professionals in, Matteo, is a good option, possibly a bit too good, but as far as I'm concerned Harry and pals should go, the sooner the better.
Jim Gregory chairman 25 years, 15 managers, trend upwards until he saw the future and sold the Club to a property company. TF is that future and he should start the positive trend now by looking to the next 5 years, not the next 10 weeks.
The serpents nervous system will twist and kick, there are many players careers, short term under the camera, with some proper coaching another 32 points are feasible under a new coach. Currently we have no chance, HR and Team have made the McLaren coached side worse not better. Sackable? Of Course, it's their job.
Just Back on 14:14 - Feb 23 with 1736 viewsbaz_qpr

Just Back on 10:13 - Feb 23 by jonno

Bond is a "general manager" type of assistant, The coaches are Jordan and Downes, and I doubt their methods are particularly modern. I think its evident that our current issue is a mixture of coaching, and having a number of players that are either low on confidence or in poor form without any real offensive organisation
Just Back on 14:54 - Feb 23 with 1683 viewsthemodfather

if qpr get a penalty we'd pass it sideways!
there is no threat, no , attacking play...... it's now a collective of poor displays and for me, we have to think why and how to change it?
it's great to have steadied the ship and to have been 2nd for so long but there were many cracks from day 1 , we have rode our luck at times, that's ok.....to win games you have to score and to do that, you have to get the ball in the box and/or feed the strikers, simples...schoolboy stuff.
imo harry should have gone by 6pm last night, it seems to me he cannot motivate this lot anymore.
Just Back on 19:54 - Feb 23 with 1570 viewsSimonJames

Does the panel think, with only 15 games to go and maybe a couple of play off matches, is there actually enough time to come up with a team that can compete in the Premiership?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Just Back on 20:05 - Feb 23 with 1549 viewsQPRDave

Just Back on 12:54 - Feb 23 by Antti_Heinola

trust me, he'd come short term til the end of the season. and then he'd be happy to go upstairs and oversee things once we get a younger manager in.
it won't happen, so it's not worth discussing other than as a vague possibility if Redknapp falls on his sword, which is unlikely. TF won't sack him, nor should he.
Although if Redknapp is really leaking stories he might give it up at the end of the season anyway, a change now might be sensible.

Antti you talk like you know him and have discussed this with him, just don't think it'd happen, one reason being Joey but there you go we have to agree to disagree.
I'm thinking btw that if Tony sees these stories about Harry saying he's thinking of retiring it could make him jump for a new man.
It could go two ways sending out stories like this, one being the players galvanise and try and send Harry out on a high, or of course it could go, well he's packing it in so why bother.
Interesting week ahead maybe?
Just Back on 20:10 - Feb 23 with 1539 viewsWansteadRs

I feel the need to post, to agree totally about appalling booing of Carroll. He at least shows for the ball every time, to turn and see Hooped statues. How Jenas won England caps remains one of life mysteries. He does nothing as far as I can make out. I just read that Burnley put out the same side for the sixth game in a row. That for me says everything about current differing fortunes.
Just Back on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 1497 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just Back on 19:54 - Feb 23 by SimonJames

Does the panel think, with only 15 games to go and maybe a couple of play off matches, is there actually enough time to come up with a team that can compete in the Premiership?

We don't have a team that can compete in the fking Championship.
Just Back on 20:30 - Feb 23 with 1474 viewsdaveB

Just Back on 20:23 - Feb 23 by Watford_Ranger

We don't have a team that can compete in the fking Championship.

come on we clearly have a team who can compete at this level, we've been in the top 4 all season
Just Back on 20:38 - Feb 23 with 1455 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just Back on 20:30 - Feb 23 by daveB

come on we clearly have a team who can compete at this level, we've been in the top 4 all season

A bit of an exaggeration on my part. However with the players available I don't see this squad making the playoffs from a position currently seven points clear of seventh.
Just Back on 01:39 - Feb 24 with 1317 viewsqprmick

Just Back on 20:30 - Feb 23 by daveB

Many pointed it out that we were stuffed without Austin should he get injured. He did and we have done nothing since. Nobody else looks like going close to scoring.

Qprmick

Just Back on 01:44 - Feb 24 with 1312 viewsRangersAreBack

The money we're shelling out on wages we should being doing a lot more than merely competing.
Just Back on 04:45 - Feb 24 with 1286 viewssingapore_dave

Clive, I respect your opinions on Rangers and generally agree with a lot of what you say but i think you are being somewhat hypocritical on this occasion.
You aggressively assert your right to yell abuse at the people you perceive to be most to blame for our miserable performances but think it is disgusting when others do the same to Tom Carroll who presumably they perceive to be one of the more culpable individuals.Different opinions but similar behaviour.
Also, Benayoun was a very poor signing but what exactly has he done to deserve the character assassination in your report ? He signed the contract he was offered and plays when the manager tells him to. He has been rubbish but , so have most of the others, and I don't see the complete lack of effort and commitment that was obviously apparent with Bosingwa who you compare him to.
Just Back on 11:44 - Feb 24 with 1189 viewsRblockPrior

As much as the player have let the club down this year, the most suprising factor this year is us fans we have been poor this year and let ourselves down in quite a few ways! We all want the best for the club but there are so many views people are reaching boiling point. Real shame to see own fans fighting each other and creating little atmosphere

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Just Back on 14:21 - Feb 24 with 1136 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 04:45 - Feb 24 by singapore_dave

Clive, I respect your opinions on Rangers and generally agree with a lot of what you say but i think you are being somewhat hypocritical on this occasion.
You aggressively assert your right to yell abuse at the people you perceive to be most to blame for our miserable performances but think it is disgusting when others do the same to Tom Carroll who presumably they perceive to be one of the more culpable individuals.Different opinions but similar behaviour.
Also, Benayoun was a very poor signing but what exactly has he done to deserve the character assassination in your report ? He signed the contract he was offered and plays when the manager tells him to. He has been rubbish but , so have most of the others, and I don't see the complete lack of effort and commitment that was obviously apparent with Bosingwa who you compare him to.

"You aggressively assert your right to yell abuse at the people you perceive to be most to blame"

No I don't. I object, after a whole bloody match supporting the team and trying to remain upbeat and positive - bar one rant at a linesman - that a lazy "fck off Redknapp" after the goal goes in brings a torrent of stick about how I should make more effort to support the team and if I'm not positive then don't bother coming.

Personally Benayoun has done nothing other than sign the deal he was offered - but his presence and performance level show we've learnt nothing from last year IMO. Exactly the sort of not bothered, past it, big earner who comes here and doesn't give a sht.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024