Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 21:21 - Feb 22 with 15664 viewsNorthernr

Ok, I'll have a stab at a "rational" just back post. Write this off if you like but here it is.

1 - I'm getting a little bit sick to the back teeth of the happy clappy brigade to be honest. It is ok to be negative, both at the games and on t'internet, about things that are actually negative without somehow devaluing your support of the club. I object to somebody turning round to me after we've conceded a last minute winner to the worst team in the division apart from Yeovil and objecting to me aiming a frustrated "fck off Redknapp" in the direction of the dugout and telling me "if you can't be positive then don't bother coming". Especially when said person is some spotty 18 year old oik who probably only started coming during the fcking Warnock year anyway.

2 - I sense, given that throughout this match, and Reading last Sunday, it was kicking off among QPR fans around the ground, that there is quite a lot of this "you're not a proper fan if you dare to say anything negative" bullsht going around. It was nasty in parts of the away end today. QPR fans kicking off with each other, Tom Carroll being singled out for wholly unfair personal abuse and then cheered off. Horrible place to be. We can talk about taking 3,200 fans down there, and it's a great effort that the team doesn't deserve, but if we're going to be like that it's nothing to be proud of.

3 - Injuries accepted, poor state of the pitch accepted, bad luck accepted everything else etc etc etc that Charlton side is dog toffee. It is fcking awful. The worst side in the division I've seen (missed Bolton home). The QPR side on paper is vastly superior even with the injuries - they'd take every one of our players today. Redknapp, the great man motivator, needs to take full responsibility. It's his team, mostly his players, assembled on the league's biggest budget, and it performs like that.

4 - Every week a different shape, a different system. Gary O'Neil starts, then doesn't make the bench, then makes the bench, then starts three in a row, then disappears again. Will Keane not selected at all for two games, then starts, then a sub, next week probably gone again. Carroll is up and down like a bride's nightie - one week the fulcrum of the team, next week not even in the squad. Jenas, in and out like the fcking hokey cockey. Not a single clue any more what system he wants to play or what players he wants to pick. He's thrashing around.

Oh, and for the benefit for the fcking happy clappy "we're still in the play off places" ostriches - sun was nice in the first half. There's a fcking positive for you to shove up your ars.
Just Back on 22:17 - Feb 22 with 2129 viewsPhilmyRs

Just Back on 22:02 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Carroll, IMO, looks bad because he always shows for the pass. So he always gets the ball, then he turns and looks forward and there's nothing there, because without Austin and Phillips there is nothing there, so he has to try stuff, and mostly it doesn't come off, which makes him look bad, so he gets stick.

Jenas, meanwhile, hasn't shown for a pass since 2004, so doesn't catch the attention by giving the ball away because he never has the ball in the first place.

I'll have Carroll over Jenas any day of the week thank you.

I dont understand how Carroll got so much stick and 5 touches a game Jenas avoided it. Agree regarding options, at the moment nobody is showing for the ball and the few that do are becoming the targets for the crowd.
Just Back on 22:19 - Feb 22 with 2112 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 22:17 - Feb 22 by PhilmyRs

I dont understand how Carroll got so much stick and 5 touches a game Jenas avoided it. Agree regarding options, at the moment nobody is showing for the ball and the few that do are becoming the targets for the crowd.

Because when exactly would you give Jenas stick? He never shows for the ball, so never gives it away. He never challenges for the ball, so never loses a tackle. Carroll puts his head above the parapet and gives it a go, but it provides clear moments where he loses a tackle or concedes possession for people to get into him. Jenas just flits around. Apart from the Charlton keeper he had the cleanest kit on the pitch at the end of the game.
Just Back on 22:21 - Feb 22 with 2098 viewsQPR_Jim

Carroll, IMO, looks bad because he always shows for the pass. So he always gets the ball, then he turns and looks forward and there's nothing there, because without Austin and Phillips there is nothing there, so he has to try stuff, and mostly it doesn't come off, which makes him look bad, so he gets stick.

Jenas, meanwhile, hasn't shown for a pass since 2004, so doesn't catch the attention by giving the ball away because he never has the ball in the first place.

I totally agree with regards to Carroll. He losses the ball a bit because he looks for a forward pass or a ball into a dangerous area. Onouha was more forward thinking than Jenas today. If we're going to boo that we might as well applaud every time we pass the ball back to Green.
It was my first game of the season today and the atmosphere reminded me of the days before Warnock with all the loan players and the fans in fighting. I was half expecting to see Paul Hart pop his bald head up.

I agree with your first post too except point 1, I didn't chat to any 18 year old so can't comment.
Just Back on 22:21 - Feb 22 with 2093 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 22:17 - Feb 22 by PhilmyRs

re: Jenas. I just think people have given up on him and it's not worth saying 'Jenas was quiet today'. He's such a nonentity it's not worth mentioning.
I noticed something about him today. He never sprints. Ever. He jogs. A lot. In my view, him and SWP may really regret how they've wasted their careers when they should be in their prime. If I was either one of them with the careers they've had I would be absolutely ashamed of myself that I'm not an automatic choice for this side in this league. It's an absolute disgrace and a massive indictment of them as footballers - and men.

Bare bones.

Just Back on 22:22 - Feb 22 with 2092 viewsQPR1882

Just Back on 22:08 - Feb 22 by ShotKneesHoop

If you've supported QPR, like wot I have (Morecambe and Wise), for over 50 bleeding years, you'd know that pain comes with the territory. I agree with Clive that spotty youths who are new to the job deserve to give the long termers a bit of respect.

The problem is that we are losing our identify of being a small club that punches above its weight with a lot of character and morphing into trying to be a big club with global appeal and a loadsamoney approach but failing dismally.

If we can hang onto 6th place, I'd be amazed. We don't deserve it. QPR is the Pertemps of football.

Let "Arry swing on the scaffold till we phook up the play offs, and then ask Lord Derry to come back and run us like we ought to be. Or anyone that has played in the sodding hoops.

No money to spend on loans, just on developing the juniors.

The only saving grace is that SWP has been recognised as being so shyte that he can't even get his agent to talk himself into this bilge eleven. Why do we bother, Fawlty?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 22:16]

I agree with Clive that spotty youths who are new to the job deserve to give the long termers a bit of respect.

why ?

And before you ask i went to my 1st game in Oct 1968. These spotty youths are our future, because i have been supporting QPR for longer then them why should my opinion be better ? i know a lot more then them about anything QPR 1960's - 2000 thats true but they probably know just as much as me about the present team.
Just Back on 22:23 - Feb 22 with 2084 viewsTHEBUSH

Just Back on 22:15 - Feb 22 by loftboy

There was a hell of a lot of angry fans at the end, yelling at the players that did bother to come over to fark off

The trouble is it's getting nasty and personally abusive, booing the whole team off at the end of a game is normal.

I just don't like the way the game is going, it used to be fun going to games, not anymore it's getting too personal.
Just Back on 22:23 - Feb 22 with 2076 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 22:21 - Feb 22 by Antti_Heinola

re: Jenas. I just think people have given up on him and it's not worth saying 'Jenas was quiet today'. He's such a nonentity it's not worth mentioning.
I noticed something about him today. He never sprints. Ever. He jogs. A lot. In my view, him and SWP may really regret how they've wasted their careers when they should be in their prime. If I was either one of them with the careers they've had I would be absolutely ashamed of myself that I'm not an automatic choice for this side in this league. It's an absolute disgrace and a massive indictment of them as footballers - and men.

Regret it while they're driving their high performance sports car back to their fcking mansions to hang out the back of some blonde/Ashley Cole.
Just Back on 22:24 - Feb 22 with 2065 viewsMedwayR

Right now it feels the same as just before Warnock joined, loads of loans & overpaid crap, no idea & no desire. So we've gone full circle and the only difference is that we're paying a lot more in wages!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 22:25 - Feb 22 with 2042 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back on 22:22 - Feb 22 by QPR1882

I agree with Clive that spotty youths who are new to the job deserve to give the long termers a bit of respect.

why ?

And before you ask i went to my 1st game in Oct 1968. These spotty youths are our future, because i have been supporting QPR for longer then them why should my opinion be better ? i know a lot more then them about anything QPR 1960's - 2000 thats true but they probably know just as much as me about the present team.

Look, the guy has a right to have a go, Clive has a right to be p!ssed about it.
I had a right go at a couple near me once a few years back, on one dark night v Blackpool. Very nearly ended in a fight, and I am not a fighter, trust me!
But we're great mates now, pleasure to see them every week. These things happen, especially when things are going wrong on the pitch.

Bare bones.

Just Back on 22:26 - Feb 22 with 2034 viewsShotKneesHoop

I didn't go but watched the sad show on Tykes TV stream. The crowd were noisy on the rare times that the team put in an effort. What I saw was shyte of the highest order, no-one aside from Hill, Dunne, Onoaha and Traore looked bothered at all.

In the old days, at least we had a team that tried, even if they weren't very good (like Charlton today). We could always blame management for a lack of investment, now its down to trousering TF at every opportunity.

The ideal scenario would be for us to scrape into 6th place, then win the play offs and tell 'Arry to phook orf.

If we had kept with Warnock, we would not be up shit creek without a paddle .

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Just Back on 22:28 - Feb 22 with 2012 viewsQPRDave

Just Back on 22:13 - Feb 22 by Northernr

I am the least self important person you'll ever meet, I'll have a mouth off on here but honestly I'm as self deprecating and down to earth as they come.
I do object to some fcking oik who clearly hasn't been going that long saying "if you're not going to be positive then don't come any more" after that today though.
We're not at the fcking golf here, that deserved a bloody good booing.

They probably did deserve it northern i agree.....I think Harry will be gone by next saturday ...just have a feeling.
But i think it's too late to stop our slide out of the playoffs....it'll be the same players.
Just Back on 22:30 - Feb 22 with 1996 viewsamhoop

Just Back on 22:19 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Because when exactly would you give Jenas stick? He never shows for the ball, so never gives it away. He never challenges for the ball, so never loses a tackle. Carroll puts his head above the parapet and gives it a go, but it provides clear moments where he loses a tackle or concedes possession for people to get into him. Jenas just flits around. Apart from the Charlton keeper he had the cleanest kit on the pitch at the end of the game.

The only thing Jenas seems to do is jog around pointing a lot.
Just Back on 22:31 - Feb 22 with 1982 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just Back on 22:22 - Feb 22 by QPR1882

why ?

If they are the future, then it's good night Vienna. Gobbing off at supporting is a recent Sky / Beckham / lager / Boris phenonimum. It was never like that with terracing on the South Africa Road. They don't like it up 'em.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Just Back on 22:31 - Feb 22 with 1983 viewsQPR1882

Just Back on 22:25 - Feb 22 by Antti_Heinola

Look, the guy has a right to have a go, Clive has a right to be p!ssed about it.
I had a right go at a couple near me once a few years back, on one dark night v Blackpool. Very nearly ended in a fight, and I am not a fighter, trust me!
But we're great mates now, pleasure to see them every week. These things happen, especially when things are going wrong on the pitch.

WHATS NEW HERE ?

I have watched QPR home and away since 1968, there has always been trouble amongst fans when things are not going well, there will always be. Football is an emotional games, opinions differ and when they do words are said ( did you have a beer today, guess what so did most fans )

No one is saying no one has a right to be pissed or not, i said everyone has an opinion.
Just Back on 22:31 - Feb 22 with 1980 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 22:30 - Feb 22 by amhoop

Quite a talent to always be at least ten yards away from literally everything that happens. I got closer to some of the key action than him today in the fourth row of the away end.
Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 with 1909 viewsJigsore

Just Back on 22:30 - Feb 22 by amhoop

Jesus wept, he's played more times for England than he has for us.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 with 1904 viewsted_hendrix

The word Manage means just that, our performances have IMO been getting steadily worse week on week, I accept that our injuries have been vicious but that no longer is an excuse.
If I ask myself one more time next Saturday when we're playing Leeds "what exactly do we actually fcking do during the week on the training pitch" I'll kill somebody.
I'm actually pissed off bloody watching us play, pissed off driving to the ground and even more pissed off driving home.
Yea the word manage means that alright, and you fcking Redknapp cant do it so swallow your barrow boy pride and fck off.
I'm sick of the sight of you and you're poxy back room staff.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 with 1900 viewsTHEBUSH

Just Back on 22:23 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Regret it while they're driving their high performance sports car back to their fcking mansions to hang out the back of some blonde/Ashley Cole.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Want do us fans want from QPR, that is the question.
Just Back on 22:33 - Feb 22 with 1884 viewsLoftusRob77

Absolutely spot on! Carroll constantly shows for and holds up the ball waiting for a forward passing option that is never there. Can't fault what he's doing. Booing and jeering Zamora is one thing but not him. I can't agree with that.

Jenas, did he play?!!! Another passenger.

Rednapp looks clueless. Forget building a new home we need to build a team (not loanees) that has the want and desire to compete and win. We have no fight!
Just Back on 22:35 - Feb 22 with 1862 viewsMedwayR

Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 by Jigsore

Jesus wept, he's played more times for England than he has for us.

Golden generation!!!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Just Back on 22:36 - Feb 22 with 1856 viewsYorkRanger

Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 by ted_hendrix

The word Manage means just that, our performances have IMO been getting steadily worse week on week, I accept that our injuries have been vicious but that no longer is an excuse.
If I ask myself one more time next Saturday when we're playing Leeds "what exactly do we actually fcking do during the week on the training pitch" I'll kill somebody.
I'm actually pissed off bloody watching us play, pissed off driving to the ground and even more pissed off driving home.
Yea the word manage means that alright, and you fcking Redknapp cant do it so swallow your barrow boy pride and fck off.

Crikey Ted, you are normally the voice of reason . Must be bad tonight...
Just Back on 22:45 - Feb 22 with 1809 viewsstevec

Some very good points NorthernR and the hostility between some of our own supporters is mystifying. I find myself, as a supporter of nigh on 50 years now, very much on your side and yet....

Is part of our problem that the old school maybe feel more comfortable with being the underdog, little QPR punching above their weight, battling adversity and just unwilling to accept that high earning management and players are now part and parcel of our club. I have to admit this is first and foremost in my mind and I quite often perversely long for the days of third division football and the terraces at Gillingham.

A new generation of fans have been brought along on billionaire owners and higher expectations and maybe struggle with our in built pessimism albeit with the best intentions.

Perhaps we need to reign in the negativity, maybe take the blows a little less personally. The club does seem to be in some sort of evolutional malaise but splitting the fan base is not the answer.
Just Back on 22:49 - Feb 22 with 1776 viewsdaveB

agree with clives openings,total shit today

trouble is if they sack now it will be a short term appointment as season still well alive, i really just look forward to starting again next season already i've had it with this season and as a regular away fan that was the last straw today
Just Back on 22:51 - Feb 22 with 1765 viewsted_hendrix

Just Back on 22:36 - Feb 22 by YorkRanger

Crikey Ted, you are normally the voice of reason . Must be bad tonight...

Defeats I can just about take, the manner of our defeats lately I cant, no way on Earth have we the divine right to think we should beat any other club in this division but with the footballing talent we have at our disposal we should be doing way-way better.
I blame Redknapp and his back room boys entirely for our current situation, nobody else, yes he's become an easy target but his salary and our expectations and pretty much everyone else's have brought that on him.
I dislike him more than ever now, wake me up when he actually comes up with the immortal words "I got that wrong today"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just Back on 22:54 - Feb 22 with 1743 viewsBklynRanger

Just Back on 22:32 - Feb 22 by ted_hendrix

On that subject, Ted, I can't seem to get his comment out of my head, "The game's easy when you've got good players".

It gives the transfer market and the wheeling and dealing shyte priority over anything that's supposed to be done as far as preparation and tactics are concerned. And his lack of interest in coaching and tactics has been documented by people a lot more knowledgeable than me.

Which brings us to Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan, Wally Downes and whoever else Redknapp has entrusted with getting something out of this squad. What the fcuk are they up to? McLaren leaves and we seem to go downhill at an ever increasing speed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024