Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Times Rumor 16:50 - Feb 23 with 37202 viewsitsbiga

Mate of mine is a sports correspondent at The Times. Strong rumor going round there today that Harry is toast in the morning.
He said "Should be in tomorrow's paper I think"
Sure its total rumor but thought I'd share it for some drama.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 16:56]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Times Rumor on 21:50 - Feb 23 with 2799 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 21:32 - Feb 23 by WatfordR

But he is the manager, Its his team, these are players that by and large he has brought to the club. If they are not performing, whose fault is it? In any walk of life, if you manage a group of people and they dont perform, whose responsibility is it?

Guaranteed if they get promoted, Redknapp will be busy telling everyone its down to him. Whether he is still here or not.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 21:33]

personally I feel players should take responsibility for their own performances especially ones with the experience we have. It's a joint effort though the manager always needs to set his teams up the right way and have a good game plan but even the best in the world will struggle if his players don't do what he asked of them.

For me it's not quite as simple as being all down to Redknapp and his staff at the moment, he put out a team with a plan yesterday that should have been more than good enough to win that game but they let him down again
Times Rumor on 22:00 - Feb 23 with 2743 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 21:50 - Feb 23 by daveB

personally I feel players should take responsibility for their own performances especially ones with the experience we have. It's a joint effort though the manager always needs to set his teams up the right way and have a good game plan but even the best in the world will struggle if his players don't do what he asked of them.

For me it's not quite as simple as being all down to Redknapp and his staff at the moment, he put out a team with a plan yesterday that should have been more than good enough to win that game but they let him down again

What do you expect to do! resign, take a pay cut. Its just not going to happen. saying its the players fault is obvious, because they kick the ball, but the manager is the one who sets the team up to play that way.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 22:00 - Feb 23 with 2742 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 21:50 - Feb 23 by daveB

Going round in circles is right. If they are HIS players, players he wanted here, and they are letting him down, then i dont understand how you can say the problem doesnt lie with him. But then he's never been able to do wrong for you and one or two others, who have been fairly conspicuous in their absence on here this weekend.
Times Rumor on 22:09 - Feb 23 with 2681 viewsdavman

Times Rumor on 22:00 - Feb 23 by WatfordR

Going round in circles is right. If they are HIS players, players he wanted here, and they are letting him down, then i dont understand how you can say the problem doesnt lie with him. But then he's never been able to do wrong for you and one or two others, who have been fairly conspicuous in their absence on here this weekend.

...and that is the point. Harry has bought all his mates in for a last payday, so if they can't be arsed or are not good enough, surely the blame has to lie with him. Spending the last three windows having to rely on Zamora and Johnson praying that Remy Austin doesn't join them in the injury room was always going to end this way

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Times Rumor on 22:16 - Feb 23 with 2636 views08olesen

Word on twitter that we are in for Oscar Garcia at Brighton. he has done well there so far

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 22:23 - Feb 23 with 2539 viewsNorthernr

Times Rumor on 22:16 - Feb 23 by 08olesen

Word on twitter that we are in for Oscar Garcia at Brighton. he has done well there so far

That is almost certainly being put around by his agent. In touch with all the papers all the time about his man, hence the extraordinary number of Sunday newspapers on him - unremarkable player, unremarkable manager, doing an unremarkable job at one of the division's best equipped clubs.
Times Rumor on 22:25 - Feb 23 with 2523 viewsdaveB

They are the players he wanted in here and most of them are pretty good players who have done well for us this season, they were crap yesterday and have been for a few games now I just don't see why they should take no responsibility for their performances. Is it all down to Harry Redknapp when the players play well? Of course not so it can't be all down to him when they don't perform.

Absolute nonsense to say he can never do wrong by me BTW, I think he's a good manager and has had a very good career but at the moment he seems to have hit a wall that many QPR managers seem to hit and is now struggling, I'm not sure sacking him is the answer I think the owners need to reassess how they do things as they have set up a culture of short termism at the club and unless that changes we'll continue to go round in circles
Times Rumor on 22:27 - Feb 23 with 2512 viewsSuffolk

Did someone say BOOM?
Login to get fewer ads

Times Rumor on 23:30 - Feb 23 with 2267 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 22:25 - Feb 23 by daveB

They are the players he wanted in here and most of them are pretty good players who have done well for us this season, they were crap yesterday and have been for a few games now I just don't see why they should take no responsibility for their performances. Is it all down to Harry Redknapp when the players play well? Of course not so it can't be all down to him when they don't perform.

Absolute nonsense to say he can never do wrong by me BTW, I think he's a good manager and has had a very good career but at the moment he seems to have hit a wall that many QPR managers seem to hit and is now struggling, I'm not sure sacking him is the answer I think the owners need to reassess how they do things as they have set up a culture of short termism at the club and unless that changes we'll continue to go round in circles

Dave, seriously. You are beginning to talk nonsense. Redknapp is the Manager. Which means he is responsible for managing the performance of all those staff who report to him, players and coaches, onfield and off. He doesnt have to personally coach players, but he does have to hold to account their performance.

To say that players have done well this season is ludicrous.
Have they gotten results? Yes, good enough to warrant top 4.
Have they played well? By and large, performances have been mediocre to acceptable at best.
Are they capable of better? I'm not sure anyone thinks they are performing anywhere near their capability week in week out.
Why are they not playing better? It can only be that their attitude is not right, or their preparation is not right. So either players or coaches are not performing professionally.
Do performances seem to be improving or worsening?I think we all know the answer to that.

It is Redknapp's responsibility to get on top of all the above aspects and get players and coaches performing to the best of their ability. That does not appear to be happening. If that's the case, Redknapp isnt doing his job, and as Manager that is his fault and his fault alone.
Times Rumor on 23:39 - Feb 23 with 2241 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 23:30 - Feb 23 by WatfordR

Dave, seriously. You are beginning to talk nonsense. Redknapp is the Manager. Which means he is responsible for managing the performance of all those staff who report to him, players and coaches, onfield and off. He doesnt have to personally coach players, but he does have to hold to account their performance.

To say that players have done well this season is ludicrous.
Have they gotten results? Yes, good enough to warrant top 4.
Have they played well? By and large, performances have been mediocre to acceptable at best.
Are they capable of better? I'm not sure anyone thinks they are performing anywhere near their capability week in week out.
Why are they not playing better? It can only be that their attitude is not right, or their preparation is not right. So either players or coaches are not performing professionally.
Do performances seem to be improving or worsening?I think we all know the answer to that.

It is Redknapp's responsibility to get on top of all the above aspects and get players and coaches performing to the best of their ability. That does not appear to be happening. If that's the case, Redknapp isnt doing his job, and as Manager that is his fault and his fault alone.

So by your logic then it's all down to Harry Redknapp that Austin has scored goals, nothing to do with the player himself all due to Redknapp as he is in charge of how players perform. If every defat and bad performance is down to Redknapp then every good performance is also down to Redknapp every win down to him every clean sheet all down to Redknapp.

It's hardly ludicrous to say the players have done well over the season, they are in the top 4 and over the season have won the majoirty of their games. It may not have been exciting football all season and they may be capable of better but they have done pretty well until the last few games.

I think they've been dire since Austin got injured but that can still change quickly. I think Austin and Phillips have both improved under Redknapp, no idea whether thats down to the players attitude or the manager/coaching staff but they look better players to me now than they did in August.

I just look at that team yesterday and they should have been capable of playing far better than that, we can put all the blame on the manager if you like but at some point these players have to take a bit of responsibility as well rather than hiding.
Times Rumor on 23:57 - Feb 23 with 2192 viewsNeil_SI

Times Rumor on 23:39 - Feb 23 by daveB

So by your logic then it's all down to Harry Redknapp that Austin has scored goals, nothing to do with the player himself all due to Redknapp as he is in charge of how players perform. If every defat and bad performance is down to Redknapp then every good performance is also down to Redknapp every win down to him every clean sheet all down to Redknapp.

It's hardly ludicrous to say the players have done well over the season, they are in the top 4 and over the season have won the majoirty of their games. It may not have been exciting football all season and they may be capable of better but they have done pretty well until the last few games.

I think they've been dire since Austin got injured but that can still change quickly. I think Austin and Phillips have both improved under Redknapp, no idea whether thats down to the players attitude or the manager/coaching staff but they look better players to me now than they did in August.

I just look at that team yesterday and they should have been capable of playing far better than that, we can put all the blame on the manager if you like but at some point these players have to take a bit of responsibility as well rather than hiding.

Redknapp has been in this position before, and clearly decided that experienced professionals and players he knew well that he crossed paths with before were the safest bet. I can see his logic from that point of view, he didn't really want to deal with any unknown quantities and I think his hand has been forced somewhat at certain points in terms of who was available and who was happy to come here. We certainly missed out on several of his preferred targets, that's for sure.

I don't think for one minute they believed Charlie Austin would do as well as he has done, especially when they realised the team wasn't firing on all cylinders. Austin has really performed above all expectations — we knew he was a top Championship striker with teams built around him and providing him with plenty of good service, but we didn't know if he was capable of scoring with starved service and feeding off scraps. He has been inspirational in that sense, and they've acknowledged an over reliance on him.

But he has taken too many risks with a lot of those signings. I've mentioned this elsewhere, and in the end, it's come to bite him in the arse at this point of the season. But as daveB says, we're still in with a shout, and there's plenty to play for. I'm not convinced Austin or Matt Phillips were Redknapp's first choice players, but they've certainly worked for him and possibly made him realise that the Championship has moved on since he was last in it, and a different kettle of fish now. The hunger and desire of those players far exceeds many of the others whose fire has either gone out of their belly or is on the wane.

In any case, perhaps Redknapp felt he knew those players well enough, and that they'd try to repay him and do him a favour by really digging deep when it mattered.

Of course, you only have to look at Spurs and how Daniel Levy handled Redknapp in order to get the best out of him, and he did. Redknapp is definitely good with a good, talented group of players, and especially players of a certain level of ability.

I'm not so sure now, whether he really has the nous himself to work with players of limited or waning ability, or on a limited budget. It's hard to say really. It's easy to say he should go, but he is a very good first team manager given the right environment.

People may say I'm defending him, I'm not. I never felt he was the right person for QPR in the first place, but that doesn't mean he's not a good manager.
Times Rumor on 00:30 - Feb 24 with 2140 viewsted_hendrix

Headline in todays Times.
Harry Redknapp on the brink of sack as QPR’s promotion drive falters.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Times Rumor on 00:41 - Feb 24 with 2125 viewsessextaxiboy

If you are including me in that, I did not see the game so I will not comment on it , just makes you look stupid IMO
Times Rumor on 01:07 - Feb 24 with 2093 viewsRangersAreBack

I've always maintained that sacking a manager is the easy bit. Having a capable replacement lined up is the key. With strong candidates like Clarke, McKay and Pressley around it would be a travesty to plump for Zola. I'd rather stick with Harry.
Times Rumor on 06:50 - Feb 24 with 1982 viewsHantsR

Well, here's the article in today's Times:

Queen Park Rangers are considering dismissing Harry Redknapp, their manager, as they falter in their attempt to win promotion back to the Barclays Premier League.
The West London club have picked up one point in their past four matches and there is significant concern that the underlying problems and their form could lead to them falling out of the Sky Bet Championship play-off positions by May.
QPR’s finances and plans for a new stadium would seem to make it important that they return to the top flight at the first time of asking. Some supporters vented their anger and turned on Redknapp after the 1-0 defeat away to Charlton Athletic on Saturday. The club declined to comment last night.
Michael Laudrup, who was dismissed by Swansea City, has been mentioned inside the club as a possible replacement should the poor results continue.
QPR’s home match against Leeds United on Saturday could be critical for Redknapp, with 15 games left of the season including meetings with four teams chasing promotion. T heir campaign ends with matches against Millwall and Barnsley, both of whom could need points to survive the drop.
QPR have a sizeable playing budget and were strong favourites to finish among the automatic promotion places this season, but they have struggled in front of goal and trail Burnley, who are second, by seven points and Leicester City, the leaders, by 15.
Redknapp’s side have scored only 37 goals, an average of barely one a game, and failed to register a shot on target against Charlton. Redknapp brought in four strikers in January to lessen the blow after losing Charlie Austin to a shoulder injury but, of those, only Kevin Doyle has started regularly. Fans have also complained about inconsistencies in Redknapp’s team selection.
Redknapp took charge a year ago but was unable to save the team from relegation. He brought in a number of experienced top-flight players last summer, such as Richard Dunne, Karl Henry and Benoît Assou-Ekotto . The club invested heavily in the top flight and failure to win promotion could be more significant with QPR likely to announce losses of more than the £23  million they posted in their last set of accounts to May 31, 2012. The owners have lent about £92.5million to the club.
Times Rumor on 07:27 - Feb 24 with 1909 viewsCanadaRanger

Ainsworth caretaker till end of season anyone?
Times Rumor on 07:32 - Feb 24 with 1893 viewsBasingstokeR

Laudrup? Seems a bit of tabloid like speculation for the Times. He's still deep in wrangling with Swansea over his payoff isn't he?

I thought they chopped him pre-emptively as they felt he was leaving for a bigger club in the summer anyway?
Times Rumor on 07:38 - Feb 24 with 1873 viewsJonDoeman

They'd have been better advised replacing our only source of goals in the transfer window, one decent striker might have been cheaper than half dozen shit ones & a sacked manager!

It Is What It Is !!

Times Rumor on 07:42 - Feb 24 with 1866 viewsdaveB

Laudrup is a big name and popular at the moment so would tick all the boxes, I'd rather they held interviews and got the best man for the job
Times Rumor on 08:10 - Feb 24 with 1765 viewsGloucs_R

Fair play to the original poster. Called the headlines right.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Times Rumor on 08:22 - Feb 24 with 1733 viewsBasingstokeR

"Considering" and "if poor results continue" are key in the story, can't see Laudrup being interested or even available just yet. Laudrup is still further out odds wise than Guus Hiddink and Gary Megson at the moment!
Times Rumor on 08:30 - Feb 24 with 1717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 08:10 - Feb 24 by Gloucs_R

Fair play to the original poster. Called the headlines right.

Exactly.

Interesting article. It doesn't make it sound imminent. Sounds like the source is just being indiscreet rather than placing an article for purposes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Times Rumor on 08:42 - Feb 24 with 1663 viewsessextaxiboy

Rubbish IMO (starts baking humble pie for later)
It doesnt take much imagination to take TF tweet for them to deliver ,add that to a game where they obviously did not and come to the conclusion that he has run out of patience .

He could be outvoted again I suppose but he was even reluctant to sack Hughes.
Times Rumor on 08:46 - Feb 24 with 1641 viewsQPR1882

Times Rumor on 08:42 - Feb 24 by essextaxiboy

It doesnt take much imagination to take TF tweet for them to deliver ,add that to a game where they obviously did not and come to the conclusion that he has run out of patience .

SSN have just said they have been told Harry will be sacked today
Times Rumor on 08:48 - Feb 24 with 1627 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 08:42 - Feb 24 by essextaxiboy

There are supposedly rumours coming from within the club, though, and from good sources on this board.

I honestly don't know either way, Essex, but it does feel like more than baseless rumours.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024