Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Accounts... 08:38 - Mar 6 with 23115 viewsJeff

I'll just leave this here for you all...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/210939627/QPR-2013

Can we not knock it?

QPR Accounts... on 14:00 - Mar 6 with 2481 viewsHunterhoop

QPR Accounts... on 13:55 - Mar 6 by Blue_Castello

Checking the FFP rules we are exempt from a fine if we don't get promoted but can be hit with a transfer embargo in January 2015 - think that how it reads ?

I tink that's something similar to what the Telegraph was saying.

Either way, any transfer embargo during the season = no Harry Redknapp IMO.

Finally, we will be forced to make do with what we have got. Hill, Onouha, Traore, Faurlin, Barton, Phillips, Austin as the spine plus Ehmer, Harriman, Petrasso, Sutherland, Hitchcock, Yun as support....excellent stuff.
QPR Accounts... on 14:00 - Mar 6 with 2481 viewsNov77

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/qpr-financial-result

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR Accounts... on 14:07 - Mar 6 with 2455 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR Accounts... on 10:42 - Mar 6 by paulparker

177 million in debt !
Total mismanagement !
No, no,no not having it !!
Everybody on this MB tells me saint Tony is the
Best thing to ever happen to rangers
He is the best ever chairman it can't be true

Time to reinstall Amit as chairman.
QPR Accounts... on 14:08 - Mar 6 with 2448 viewsNov77

Personally I wouldn't mind making do with what we've got, living within our means , spending more time in the championship, STAYING where we are, OUR home, and getting a manager like Gigi in again that gets the best out of players and knows how to entertain the fans.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR Accounts... on 14:12 - Mar 6 with 2433 viewsdaveB

isn't it the financial accounts of this year rather than last year which relate to the potential fine? I'm not sure how the football league can fine a club for something they did in the Premier League
QPR Accounts... on 14:12 - Mar 6 with 2431 viewsNov77

Read this quote....

'The directors, based on cash flow projections prepared by management and through confirmation of continuing support from the groups’ main shareholders and creditors, have a reasonable expectation that the company and the group have adequate resources to continue in existence for the foreseeable future.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2574720/QPR-announce-65m-LOSS-

Hardly reassuring.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 14:14]

QPR Accounts... on 14:13 - Mar 6 with 2425 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR Accounts... on 14:08 - Mar 6 by Nov77

Personally I wouldn't mind making do with what we've got, living within our means , spending more time in the championship, STAYING where we are, OUR home, and getting a manager like Gigi in again that gets the best out of players and knows how to entertain the fans.

I remember Gigi's team continously throwing away matches in the last 5 mins.

I remember Flavio saying that we'd be top of the league if football matches lasted 85 minutes.
QPR Accounts... on 14:15 - Mar 6 with 2424 viewsNov77

QPR Accounts... on 14:13 - Mar 6 by SpiritofGregory

I remember Gigi's team continously throwing away matches in the last 5 mins.

I remember Flavio saying that we'd be top of the league if football matches lasted 85 minutes.

Still better to watch than the current lot trying to induce the whole crowd into a coma.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Accounts... on 14:20 - Mar 6 with 2400 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR Accounts... on 14:15 - Mar 6 by Nov77

Still better to watch than the current lot trying to induce the whole crowd into a coma.

I'd rather watch a QPR team that plays like Burnley.
QPR Accounts... on 14:26 - Mar 6 with 2380 viewsstevec

QPR Accounts... on 13:55 - Mar 6 by Blue_Castello

Checking the FFP rules we are exempt from a fine if we don't get promoted but can be hit with a transfer embargo in January 2015 - think that how it reads ?

Looking at those figures we must be heading for a near £50m loss this season, before transfers.

Samba £12m, Remy £10m, Taraabt £3m - probably £25m back in but must have spent near £15m on Austin, Phillips etc. So overall loss likely to be around £40m.

To put that into FFP context, £40m worth of fines would wipe most of the Sky money if promoted, then there's increased player spending/wages. If we don't go up then a certain transfer embargo but a chance to get the high earners off the wage bill.

It doesn't look good either way, but at the same time, the option of staying in the Championship next year doesn't seem such a disaster as previously thought, particularly if it creates a more long term view.
QPR Accounts... on 14:27 - Mar 6 with 2375 viewsNov77

This is all over the papers, no wonder other clubs hate us so much.
Can someone please pull Tony's pants up!

QPR Accounts... on 14:38 - Mar 6 with 2353 viewsBklynRanger

Some meaty and embarrassing facts there. Just another day for your average QPR supporter.

But fear not, I for one am supremely confident that this story will cause Harry and his elite coaching group to roll up their sleeves and go about the task of gaining promotion with even more gusto.
QPR Accounts... on 14:38 - Mar 6 with 2350 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR Accounts... on 14:26 - Mar 6 by stevec

Looking at those figures we must be heading for a near £50m loss this season, before transfers.

Samba £12m, Remy £10m, Taraabt £3m - probably £25m back in but must have spent near £15m on Austin, Phillips etc. So overall loss likely to be around £40m.

To put that into FFP context, £40m worth of fines would wipe most of the Sky money if promoted, then there's increased player spending/wages. If we don't go up then a certain transfer embargo but a chance to get the high earners off the wage bill.

It doesn't look good either way, but at the same time, the option of staying in the Championship next year doesn't seem such a disaster as previously thought, particularly if it creates a more long term view.

£10m for Remy?!

Have you seen what top class strikers go for - £25m minimum.
QPR Accounts... on 14:41 - Mar 6 with 2345 viewsThGrimRanger

QPR Accounts... on 09:50 - Mar 6 by George_Milton

complete mismanagement. All this shows is that TF/ the board have us by the balls. For some one who runs a business its astonishing they have let this happen.
Yes TF is a nice guy and all that, but this seriously puts the club at risk in the long term.

disagree with this, I think if anything it's the other way around.

we've not only over-spent on players, but also executives, coaches, scouts, physios, groundstaff, etc.

this is the collective failure of Warnock (post-promotion), Hughes and Redknapp. The owners have backed the managers and hoped we would be at least an established mid-table premiership team by now.

They haven't shirked at anything which makes the failure of the 3 managers even worse.

If the owners knew what they know now then they wouldn't have touched us with a barge-pole. Their mistakes were wanting things too quickly, employing the wrong managers and worse of all being unlucky.

Still believe they are in it for the long-term though (or until they run out of money)

TheGrimRanger

QPR Accounts... on 14:41 - Mar 6 with 2342 viewsDiscodroid

its now making the news on bbc 5 live. great.

i hope by listening to bbc radio , the guardian doesnt hold me responsible for the slave trade.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 14:47]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

QPR Accounts... on 14:43 - Mar 6 with 2330 viewsstevec

QPR Accounts... on 14:38 - Mar 6 by SpiritofGregory

£10m for Remy?!

Have you seen what top class strikers go for - £25m minimum.

Well Remy could be our saviour in terms of fines or embargos, I hope you are right but given the financial awareness Rangers have shown so far I wouldn't bank on it.
QPR Accounts... on 14:52 - Mar 6 with 2290 viewsDiscodroid

QPR Accounts... on 14:43 - Mar 6 by stevec

Well Remy could be our saviour in terms of fines or embargos, I hope you are right but given the financial awareness Rangers have shown so far I wouldn't bank on it.

knowing rangers , there lamenting ian dowie and kieth rowlands have retired.

we could swap remy for them and throw in an on line subscription to bbc3.

discodroid, still bitter over the trevor sinclair deal

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

QPR Accounts... on 14:52 - Mar 6 with 2288 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR Accounts... on 14:41 - Mar 6 by ThGrimRanger

disagree with this, I think if anything it's the other way around.

we've not only over-spent on players, but also executives, coaches, scouts, physios, groundstaff, etc.

this is the collective failure of Warnock (post-promotion), Hughes and Redknapp. The owners have backed the managers and hoped we would be at least an established mid-table premiership team by now.

They haven't shirked at anything which makes the failure of the 3 managers even worse.

If the owners knew what they know now then they wouldn't have touched us with a barge-pole. Their mistakes were wanting things too quickly, employing the wrong managers and worse of all being unlucky.

Still believe they are in it for the long-term though (or until they run out of money)

The board are to blame. A failed policy on managers, scouts, players... I can't blame managers and players for trying to get as much money as possible, it's up to the chairman to control them and say No!

What chairman who has money to burn allows an applicant for the vacancy of manager to interview the club?
QPR Accounts... on 15:04 - Mar 6 with 2264 viewsQPR442

makes me sick thinking our club wasted so much money on old crap players that didn't even care about us.
TF and Co really need to stop chasing a dream and do what he said, in that we need to build from bottom up.
Last 3 years has just been about throwing money after money for a quick fix and once again it has not worked.

The only losers will be us fans
QPR Accounts... on 15:07 - Mar 6 with 2248 viewsDiscodroid

if you would have looked at this board a few months ago, the sea change of opinion on here is tsunami like.

QPR Accounts... on 15:20 - Mar 6 with 2229 viewsShotKneesHoop

The most worrying thing is the last line of what they said on Sky Sports : -

"Owner Tony Fernandes said that the future of the club depended on getting back into the Premier at the end of this season"

He didn't say what would happen to the club if promotion to the Premier was not achieved. I think the board would consider walking away from the club by the sound of it.

The only bit of good news was that the club would be punished by having to observe a transfer embargo for the following season. At least that might mean we start playing a few juniors in the first team. And Bagpuss would not want to be around with that restriction because he'd have to do some work with what he had on the books.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 15:22]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

QPR Accounts... on 15:29 - Mar 6 with 2203 viewsdaveB

not sure a transfer embargo is good news, would lead to us facing a relegation battle
QPR Accounts... on 15:31 - Mar 6 with 2200 viewsQPR442

QPR Accounts... on 15:20 - Mar 6 by ShotKneesHoop

The most worrying thing is the last line of what they said on Sky Sports : -

"Owner Tony Fernandes said that the future of the club depended on getting back into the Premier at the end of this season"

He didn't say what would happen to the club if promotion to the Premier was not achieved. I think the board would consider walking away from the club by the sound of it.

The only bit of good news was that the club would be punished by having to observe a transfer embargo for the following season. At least that might mean we start playing a few juniors in the first team. And Bagpuss would not want to be around with that restriction because he'd have to do some work with what he had on the books.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 15:22]

I think that's Sky trying to sensationalise it. TF said recently that our aim was a quick return but not vital. However saying all that losing this much money is not the way to go.
QPR Accounts... on 15:33 - Mar 6 with 2196 viewsGloucs_R

Losses like that are inexcusable. Something drastic needs to happen.

Forget sacking Harry now, we cant afford to!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR Accounts... on 15:45 - Mar 6 with 2172 viewsNorthernr

QPR Accounts... on 15:29 - Mar 6 by daveB

not sure a transfer embargo is good news, would lead to us facing a relegation battle

I'm not convinced it would Dave. We've more than enough about us with the players we already have contracted for next season to make a very decent fist of the league. I think the embargo would be next January anyway, so nothing to preclude the usual gratuitous dozen new faces in the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024