Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Crest - Not 15:25 - Mar 17 with 5107 viewsBedford_R

Says on the offy that due to the new deal with Nike the crest is staying the same for the time being....

RMH_R Reborn

New Crest - Not on 15:26 - Mar 17 with 5096 viewsdaveB

I don't see the point in changing the crest back to the old one now, we've had it for seven years now, it's not that bad and I wouldn't trust the current owners to come up with anything better
New Crest - Not on 15:28 - Mar 17 with 5083 viewsGloucs_R

TF said the crest wouldnt change this year. Its costs thousands to rebrand. Money better spend elsewhere or ensuring we dont get hit with fines.

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Crest - Not on 15:33 - Mar 17 with 5058 viewsfrancisbowles

The sooner they change it the better. It stinks of Tango and Cash!

I refuse to buy anything with it on and my mugs are constantly needing bleaching to get rid of the tea stains.

Come on TF next season, please!
New Crest - Not on 15:35 - Mar 17 with 5052 viewssimmo

I would suggest we have bigger issues to deal with other than the logo.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New Crest - Not on 15:37 - Mar 17 with 5040 viewsQPR442

New Crest - Not on 15:35 - Mar 17 by simmo

Agree, all the fuss about a badge when the most important thing is the team and us supporting it.
New Crest - Not on 15:39 - Mar 17 with 5035 viewsJamie

New Crest - Not on 15:35 - Mar 17 by simmo

Eh? It's a well known fact that changing the clubs badge automatically expunges over £200m of debts.
New Crest - Not on 15:42 - Mar 17 with 5012 viewsqprdan

move on , nothing to see here...still...
New Crest - Not on 15:44 - Mar 17 with 4995 viewsJeff

Shots fired in the Barnet area when Finney gets the news...

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

New Crest - Not on 16:04 - Mar 17 with 4932 viewsJuzzie

Seven years already? Blimey, time flies.

I don't particularly like it either but it should be way down on the "things to do" list.
New Crest - Not on 16:15 - Mar 17 with 4880 viewstoboboly

New Crest - Not on 15:28 - Mar 17 by Gloucs_R

TF said the crest wouldnt change this year. Its costs thousands to rebrand. Money better spend elsewhere or ensuring we dont get hit with fines.

He did however say it would change next season. Good to see his word is his bond.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

New Crest - Not on 16:16 - Mar 17 with 4873 viewsdaveB

New Crest - Not on 16:15 - Mar 17 by toboboly

He did however say it would change next season. Good to see his word is his bond.

He's never said that at all, he said they would look into it for the following season on the open all r's podcast
New Crest - Not on 16:20 - Mar 17 with 4844 viewsBklynRanger

I'm sure there's a late night tweet somewhere when he said the badge wouldn't change this season but very much would next season. I hate that fcuking badge and its Pro Evo Flavio's wig nonsense.
New Crest - Not on 16:23 - Mar 17 with 4828 viewsJuzzie

The silver side bits are more akin to the badge of the 60's than Flavio's hair. But yes, can see why it's thought of as his hair.

In fact, the 'new' badge looks vey close in how it's made up compared to the old (Hammersmith) badge.

Classic shaped shield
Scroll under the shield
Two objects/crests on top of each other on top of the shield
Supports either side of the shield

I wonder how much the design agency got paid to basically copy the old badge!!

[Post edited 17 Mar 2014 16:41]
New Crest - Not on 20:22 - Mar 17 with 4540 viewsDevon_4_England

I also can't stand the badge and won't buy anything with the new crest on it

Whilst there are big issues at stake for the owners going back to the previous badge would draw a line under the boutique flavio era.

Whilst not important to some personally it matters a great deal and is significant to our identity and who we are. A return to the previous badge is long over due and new kit or not I hope it happens one day
New Crest - Not on 20:41 - Mar 17 with 4508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought I heard him say or tweet that next year was the last.

Either way I agree with those that would like it changed but who wouldn't put it top of their list of things to worry about wither.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Crest - Not on 21:52 - Mar 17 with 4437 viewsBeauRanger

New Crest - Not on 20:22 - Mar 17 by Devon_4_England

Whilst there are big issues at stake for the owners going back to the previous badge would draw a line under the boutique flavio era.

Whilst not important to some personally it matters a great deal and is significant to our identity and who we are. A return to the previous badge is long over due and new kit or not I hope it happens one day

here, here….
New Crest - Not on 22:10 - Mar 17 with 4402 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I can't believe it's seven years with that awful shît badge. I too thought Tony F said it was changing next year but hey ho. I just hope it does change soon because I am loathed to buy anything with it on, my st and program's are bad enough!!

And while we do have big problems which clearly need attention, and I know rebranding costs a heap, I do just wish this is something that would be dealt with to remove that badge of shame from the Bernie and Flavio era.
New Crest - Not on 22:55 - Mar 17 with 4361 viewsdaveB

careful what you wish for, the next one could be even worse
New Crest - Not on 22:58 - Mar 17 with 4358 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

New Crest - Not on 22:55 - Mar 17 by daveB

careful what you wish for, the next one could be even worse

True enough and we've had plenty of badges but the current one is the one I like the least and I can't see a worse one coming to be honest!
New Crest - Not on 07:46 - Mar 18 with 4250 viewsandygg

A new badge and Nike doing our kit, that should ensure the club selling a lot more merchandise.
I feckin hate Flavios wig badge and Lotto kit.
New Crest - Not on 12:30 - Mar 18 with 4144 viewsQPunkR

New Crest - Not on 20:22 - Mar 17 by Devon_4_England

Agree with every word

QPR - "shit but local"

New Crest - Not on 14:01 - Mar 18 with 4094 viewsfrancisbowles

New Crest - Not on 16:23 - Mar 17 by Juzzie

The silver side bits are more akin to the badge of the 60's than Flavio's hair. But yes, can see why it's thought of as his hair.

In fact, the 'new' badge looks vey close in how it's made up compared to the old (Hammersmith) badge.

Classic shaped shield
Scroll under the shield
Two objects/crests on top of each other on top of the shield
Supports either side of the shield

I wonder how much the design agency got paid to basically copy the old badge!!

[Post edited 17 Mar 2014 16:41]

Interesting to google the latin on the old badge. Basically means 'let us be judged by our acts'. It is a shortened form of 'let us be seen in action together'.

It is apparently used by Barnsley FC as it is the motto for their Metropolitan borough as well as our own.

Also used by many other organisations including 'forces' and schools and colleges.
New Crest - Not on 14:51 - Mar 18 with 4052 viewsBklynRanger

I wonder if the design agency even bothered to admit that they'd attempted to copy the Hammersmith badge.

It must've taken them all of half a morning's googling to make a decision. Wallop a ridiculous looking football on it after lunch, great a crown on there too, job done. Did it on a Tuesday but said it took a month.
New Crest - Not on 18:05 - Mar 18 with 3976 viewsJuzzie

With that football on top of the shield, it looks like a cyclops!

I do agree though it needs to go just to vanquish any last remnants of Flavio & Co rather than it being based on his hair but any replacement has got to be better and done once a whole plethora of other important things have been completed.

Yes, the badge is about identity etc but to anyone outside QPR fans, they probably don't even know/care about any Briatore links, it means nothing to them. Of course, it means a lot to us bit IMO should be tackled once other many pressing things have been dealt with first.
New Crest - Not on 19:13 - Mar 18 with 3928 viewsthame_hoops

Why all the hate for tango and cash, after all they got us to the promised land!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024