Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2052869 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:54 - Apr 11 with 7646 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:40 - Apr 11 by Discodroid

fackin 'ell mr punteR (btw i knew a tim and ian punter very well!!).

used to cane that jark prongo track.......

soma great label.....

NO TECHNO COLLECTION SHOULD BE WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING 12"

a breakdown from the gods...

DRY ICE STROBES AND AMYL!!!!

and the one and only carl cox favourite 'green velvet...

"would you know it not here than more than 30 seconds and already i see a bad little kid doing bad little things
he is sucking on a balloon
now this is not an ordianary ballon parents it is filled with nitrus oxide
Laughing gas HA HA HA HA HA
but this is no laughing matter
Cameras ready prepare to flash"

ON.IT

seeing as though you are bringing out the big guns Lblock

whistle posse makes some noise !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:57 - Apr 11 with 7643 viewsLblock

Sorry, sorry, sorry....

Mentioning Mazzo's in the Dam I simply HAD to put this one up.

It's one of the tunes I remember from one craziest, maddest, loved up nights and weekends of my life.
All sorts of bizzare things going on in the club during this (and no not just my serotonin levels imagining it); from naked sorts on trapezes above the dancefloor, little black dwarf man passing around the reefer the size of a baseball bat to crazy Dutchies dancing topless on top of their boyfriends shoulders.
The "come on" background chant brings it all back

Junior Boys Own were the Dons for a while, shame they were Chelscum if I recall right? Or was Farley a Hammers man? Ah who cares about the footy.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 10:01]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:59 - Apr 11 with 7641 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:44 - Apr 11 by CroydonCaptJack

Well if we are going down the piano route

Definitive piano track? One of them:-

(Never seen the video before - nice!)

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:03 - Apr 11 with 7632 viewsPommyhoop

Must say the piano stuff sits better with me.
Like I said before I love the music but Ive never been a collector or music buff. I was the fella off his tits dancing to the lift music 2 hrs before club time.
My mate Kev Swain played me Groovy Beat before it came out when we were both stoned .Bit repetative was my inspired answer to his question..
In my murky memories I remember one night down Legends where the DJ was playing this track and kept mixing it with Sister Sledge .We are Family and to a lesser extent He's the greatest dancer.
The place went OFF mate..Propper best night out ......

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:05 - Apr 11 with 7629 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:57 - Apr 11 by Lblock

Sorry, sorry, sorry....

Mentioning Mazzo's in the Dam I simply HAD to put this one up.

It's one of the tunes I remember from one craziest, maddest, loved up nights and weekends of my life.
All sorts of bizzare things going on in the club during this (and no not just my serotonin levels imagining it); from naked sorts on trapezes above the dancefloor, little black dwarf man passing around the reefer the size of a baseball bat to crazy Dutchies dancing topless on top of their boyfriends shoulders.
The "come on" background chant brings it all back

Junior Boys Own were the Dons for a while, shame they were Chelscum if I recall right? Or was Farley a Hammers man? Ah who cares about the footy.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 10:01]

Junior Boys Own were the bollox

yep Farley is Chelsea and was in with a few of the boys for a bit (so I was told )

we need a roundtable discussion on SKY ARTS about house music , do's , tunes, people, states, clubs, etc , Melvin bragg could host , disco on his progressive house lol , you , Captain, NGB, & myself , with various soundbites from other LFW House Heads
I can see it now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:06 - Apr 11 with 7629 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:54 - Apr 11 by paulparker

seeing as though you are bringing out the big guns Lblock

whistle posse makes some noise !!!

Me pulling out the big guns? You've started something now me old china!

I do seem to be doing the old pendulum from breakbeats to melody.

Now on the subject of big guns:-

Love the build up to the breakdown and Ce Ce Rogers vocal
I never did play this out for some reason and my copy is pristine

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:08 - Apr 11 with 7628 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:03 - Apr 11 by Pommyhoop

Must say the piano stuff sits better with me.
Like I said before I love the music but Ive never been a collector or music buff. I was the fella off his tits dancing to the lift music 2 hrs before club time.
My mate Kev Swain played me Groovy Beat before it came out when we were both stoned .Bit repetative was my inspired answer to his question..
In my murky memories I remember one night down Legends where the DJ was playing this track and kept mixing it with Sister Sledge .We are Family and to a lesser extent He's the greatest dancer.
The place went OFF mate..Propper best night out ......

alright pommy!!.

like i said there are massive holes blown in my memory...i cant remember the YEAR of my second marriage.

but in respect of dance music 1987 to 2001 *(*when i stopped all the crap) im like 'data' in star trek i remember it all....

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:15 - Apr 11 with 7624 viewsLblock

I'm signing off for a couple of hours with this one

Sally Rodgers was a saucy little Ibiza minx

(I love their tune Estelle when looking for some proper chill)

Back in a while to check out some more quality beat offerings from you chaps
Ciao

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:17 - Apr 11 with 7623 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:18 - Apr 11 with 7623 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:08 - Apr 11 by Discodroid

alright pommy!!.

like i said there are massive holes blown in my memory...i cant remember the YEAR of my second marriage.

but in respect of dance music 1987 to 2001 *(*when i stopped all the crap) im like 'data' in star trek i remember it all....

You are an aficionado my friend just like L Block ,Paul Parker, Punter,Croydon,and sorry if Ive forgotten anyone..
SPECIAL mention to ngbqpr for re uniting me with Reachin.Phase II

But dont forget us drones who took our medicine and flooded the dancefloor every weekend..
and forgot the names of the chooons by Tuesday..
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 10:51]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:26 - Apr 11 with 7607 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:18 - Apr 11 by Pommyhoop

You are an aficionado my friend just like L Block ,Paul Parker, Punter,Croydon,and sorry if Ive forgotten anyone..
SPECIAL mention to ngbqpr for re uniting me with Reachin.Phase II

But dont forget us drones who took our medicine and flooded the dancefloor every weekend..
and forgot the names of the chooons by Tuesday..
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 10:51]

We have our own little QPR House clique
Did Pommy forget anyone?
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:40 - Apr 11 with 7599 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:15 - Apr 11 by Lblock

I'm signing off for a couple of hours with this one

Sally Rodgers was a saucy little Ibiza minx

(I love their tune Estelle when looking for some proper chill)

Back in a while to check out some more quality beat offerings from you chaps
Ciao

Lblock you have made my morning !!
a man called Adam (barefoot in the head )

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:02 - Apr 11 with 7595 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:40 - Apr 11 by paulparker

Lblock you have made my morning !!
a man called Adam (barefoot in the head )

There is a great acoustic remix of barefoot around. I don't know if you have ever heard it but it is worth listening to.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:55 - Apr 11 with 7583 viewspaulparker

a little bit to get us going this afternoon

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:09 - Apr 11 with 7575 viewsPommyhoop

GOOOO ooon KEVIIn My SAAHHN>!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:35 - Apr 11 with 7506 viewsTripper

Takes me back to Centreforce blaring out in my garden.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:39 - Apr 11 with 7495 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:05 - Apr 11 by paulparker

Junior Boys Own were the bollox

yep Farley is Chelsea and was in with a few of the boys for a bit (so I was told )

we need a roundtable discussion on SKY ARTS about house music , do's , tunes, people, states, clubs, etc , Melvin bragg could host , disco on his progressive house lol , you , Captain, NGB, & myself , with various soundbites from other LFW House Heads
I can see it now

Hehehehe... i was thinking more like that 'after dark' programme on channel 4.

where i can recline in a batterd chesterfield , half obscured by darkness , save the glow of the tiffany lamp,

perhaps next to tom daley/clare balding/john barrowman and a feminist of some kind, whose cnt is dryer than ghandi's flip flop, perhaps with a self indulgent half smile playing across my lips, The clinking of fine cut waterford crystal ,awash with single malt ,making a fitting background score , while talk about the' zeitgeiist ' of progressive house for 2 hours whilst ripped to the tits on wobbly eggs.... just before , 'embarrasing bodies' starts and the tale of some bloke who has bollocks the size bongo's...

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:46 - Apr 11 with 7490 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:39 - Apr 11 by Discodroid

Hehehehe... i was thinking more like that 'after dark' programme on channel 4.

where i can recline in a batterd chesterfield , half obscured by darkness , save the glow of the tiffany lamp,

perhaps next to tom daley/clare balding/john barrowman and a feminist of some kind, whose cnt is dryer than ghandi's flip flop, perhaps with a self indulgent half smile playing across my lips, The clinking of fine cut waterford crystal ,awash with single malt ,making a fitting background score , while talk about the' zeitgeiist ' of progressive house for 2 hours whilst ripped to the tits on wobbly eggs.... just before , 'embarrasing bodies' starts and the tale of some bloke who has bollocks the size bongo's...

Ha hhaahaahaaaa
Disco .Thats you that is..!!

The word 'provoke is provoking'
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 14:55]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:48 - Apr 11 with 7486 viewsDiscodroid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:46 - Apr 11 by Pommyhoop

Ha hhaahaahaaaa
Disco .Thats you that is..!!

The word 'provoke is provoking'
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 14:55]

fack me pomm , i knew youd pull me up on it!!.....watching the game tomorrow mate??

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:59 - Apr 11 with 7482 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:48 - Apr 11 by Discodroid

fack me pomm , i knew youd pull me up on it!!.....watching the game tomorrow mate??

Probably mate .I watched the last game the following day .They re ran it on Setanta.I stayed away from here and all sources of results and watched it live.Like a fool..
Hey Ho I think Setanta have got this game on too.
Just edited the Ollie clip to the propper one .
That is you and the Niko Bint . Bahhaaaaahhaaaaaa
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 15:11]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:24 - Apr 11 with 7465 viewskensalriser

Did someone say piano?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:37 - Apr 11 with 7460 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:10 - Apr 11 with 7439 viewsFredManRave

Not one of my fave tracks but when you hear the piano intro for the first time it's (still) awesome. Short but sweet. A classic tune all the same.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:13 - Apr 11 with 7430 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:24 - Apr 11 by kensalriser

Did someone say piano?

Nice.

One of Ralphy's lesser known slabs that though ost will expect "Tyree Cooper - the producer" to be shouted over the riff at any stage.
I do think You Used To Hold Me by him was and still is an absolute stormer but it's been up here already I recall.

So I've just got back from a medical appointment and what tune did I have buzzing round in the golden swaves of sunshine playing joyfully on the A40 tarmac? Well it had to be something Golden, involving Girls and some Kinetic movement.
Been a quiet couple of hours, maybe us old 'uns are running out of steam after a seven day beano of tuneage?
Have
Some
Of
This

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:15 - Apr 11 with 7416 viewsDiscodroid

cmon lads..wrap your lug oles round this prog beassssssssssssst

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024