Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2018289 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:41 - Apr 11 with 8300 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:40 - Apr 11 by Discodroid

fackin 'ell mr punteR (btw i knew a tim and ian punter very well!!).

used to cane that jark prongo track.......

soma great label.....

NO TECHNO COLLECTION SHOULD BE WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING 12"

a breakdown from the gods...

DRY ICE STROBES AND AMYL!!!!

and the one and only carl cox favourite 'green velvet...

"would you know it not here than more than 30 seconds and already i see a bad little kid doing bad little things
he is sucking on a balloon
now this is not an ordianary ballon parents it is filled with nitrus oxide
Laughing gas HA HA HA HA HA
but this is no laughing matter
Cameras ready prepare to flash"

ON.IT

I'm toe punter.😊
yeh jark prongo Quality. I've got it on hooj label . I've got nearly everything on that label plus a couple on red jerrys bit on the side Airtight which produced some solid tunes.
Medway to trancetters- roaches. Good stuff. I think jx son of a gun kicked it all off for hooj.
I'll never tire of this thread.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:01 - Apr 11 with 8287 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:18 - Apr 11 by Pommyhoop

You are an aficionado my friend just like L Block ,Paul Parker, Punter,Croydon,and sorry if Ive forgotten anyone..
SPECIAL mention to ngbqpr for re uniting me with Reachin.Phase II

But dont forget us drones who took our medicine and flooded the dancefloor every weekend..
and forgot the names of the chooons by Tuesday..
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 10:51]

I think w7Ranger,outwestR and Tripper deserve a shout out
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 7:18]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:04 - Apr 11 with 8286 viewsLblock

I have this on FFRR but I believe it also came out n Hooj
Always reminds me of Rock Cafe Ealing Broadway

There was another track at the time by Pressure Drop (I think) that used to be like strawberries & Cream (or is that Rhubarb & Custard?!?!). I'm gonna have a shufty for that one now, they were Paddington boys if I recall the story went

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:10 - Apr 11 with 8284 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:01 - Apr 11 by PunteR

I think w7Ranger,outwestR and Tripper deserve a shout out
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 7:18]

I can't believe what a wealth of knowledge is here. I am still making my way through it. Some great discovery's for me and I thought I was pretty clued up. Respect chaps.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:11 - Apr 11 with 8284 viewsLblock

BINGO!

I seem to recall I had this on a big yellow label / sleeve
Nagging in the back of my head is a tune called Monkey Wah by same mob? Could be wrong.
A chippie I used to work with told me the fellas behind this tune were Paddington lads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:32 - Apr 11 with 8280 viewsLblock

I'm dropping out for the evening with these bombs

Gran Canaria - Jack Daniels August 1990

Just crazy -- Living Dream Rave -- totally FUBAR (Bug Khan & Plastic Jam Made in Two Minutes was THE tune at that but already done on here)

My parting gift to Droid and the prog bouncers

Hope the R's can do the business tomorrow but even more so I hope and pray my body allows me to attend but looking doubtful at the moment.

And while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldy declared,
“Let there be HOUSE!”
and house music was born
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 20:33]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:13 - Apr 11 with 8269 viewspaulparker

here we go boys

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:42 - Apr 11 with 8259 viewssilky

I seriously thought It was Metal mania on this board and that no one would of liked that golden period of House/Rave in the late 80's early 90's

Very happy to see such good tracks on display here.

I make my own Rave music under the guise of "Worldwide Epidemic"

https://soundcloud.com/silky1122

Check it out if you liked your Rave under the more Breakbeat style of music.

Also had a vinyl release in 2011 of my first works as a producer

http://www.discogs.com/Worldwide-Epidemic-Worldwide-Epidemic-EP/master/391155

Got a small but very rare vinyl collection from the early 90's also. It's very close to my heart.

The most popular tune I have made to date is a free download of a Remix of Desired State - Dance The Dream in a more Orchestral style

https://soundcloud.com/silky1122/desired-state-dance-the-dream-worldwide-epidemi

And ill leave you with the original version of it.

Keeping the Old Skool Happy Vibe Alive! :D

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:13 - Apr 11 with 8253 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:13 - Apr 11 by paulparker

here we go boys

Ard core you know the score!

[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 22:58]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:10 - Apr 12 with 8224 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:04 - Apr 11 by Lblock

I have this on FFRR but I believe it also came out n Hooj
Always reminds me of Rock Cafe Ealing Broadway

There was another track at the time by Pressure Drop (I think) that used to be like strawberries & Cream (or is that Rhubarb & Custard?!?!). I'm gonna have a shufty for that one now, they were Paddington boys if I recall the story went

How did it take 11 pages until this classic was included?! Another "Raheem" effort LBlock and I hope you're well on the road to recovery...

For all you Klubbheads;

And for those that want to chill with some trance;

And for those that can't sleep; I used to play this on my headphones whilst lying on my bed, having got back to my Mums gaff after one of "those" nights out absolutely wired knowing that sleep was out of the question...

[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 5:16]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:34 - Apr 12 with 8211 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:10 - Apr 12 by FredManRave

How did it take 11 pages until this classic was included?! Another "Raheem" effort LBlock and I hope you're well on the road to recovery...

For all you Klubbheads;

And for those that want to chill with some trance;

And for those that can't sleep; I used to play this on my headphones whilst lying on my bed, having got back to my Mums gaff after one of "those" nights out absolutely wired knowing that sleep was out of the question...

[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 5:16]

Energy 52 after eleven pages. How the hell did we all miss that!!!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:59 - Apr 12 with 8200 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:34 - Apr 12 by CroydonCaptJack

Energy 52 after eleven pages. How the hell did we all miss that!!!

I nearly put that one up. If we're going to start going a bit trancey then how about a bit of this..

[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 9:08]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:14 - Apr 12 with 8196 viewspaulparker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:32 - Apr 12 with 8190 viewsLblock

Heard this one this morning on Point Blanks FK tribute show

One I'd forgotten about - always reminded me of Alison Limerick

Returning to the thread title -- RIP fella

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:00 - Apr 12 with 8183 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:32 - Apr 12 by Lblock

Heard this one this morning on Point Blanks FK tribute show

One I'd forgotten about - always reminded me of Alison Limerick

Returning to the thread title -- RIP fella

Nice!!

Here is an absolute stormer from Derick May, co written by Carl Craig. Just builds and builds. Classic Detroit.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:09 - Apr 12 with 8180 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That original Detroit sound is doing it for me this morning before I head down to get my train up to HQ

Feeling optimistic myself strangely!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:15 - Apr 12 with 8177 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And Ritchie Hawtin

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:26 - Apr 12 with 8173 viewsDiscodroid

someone mentioned pressure drop earlier in the thread,,, saw them support galliano many moons ago. this was their best imho

the 'daddy' in the borstal of trance

or the 5am sun coming up 'im in love with everyone, even the mother in law' trance epic

btw mr punter naline and kane done a very fine mix of cafe del mar

and sasha one of travel/bulgarian which i prefer..

also 3 drives had a major work over by lost tribe/miro which i thinks is better..

ON.IT.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 10:33]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:17 - Apr 12 with 8146 viewsDiscodroid

a hooj classic...with nice duran duran /nina simone sample

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:38 - Apr 12 with 8115 viewsscot1963

didn't realise this wasn't just a Frankie thread - bit slow on the uptake . I've put a few of the earlier tracks on the music thread over the last year or so. Liked that Jark Prongo one - hadn't come across it before, have only heard their Play it for the Punters one. Still catching up with 11 pages so a couple more

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 02:21 - Apr 13 with 8093 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:33 - Apr 4 by paulparker

2 classic combinations here, Big Luther & Maw !!

Another classic Luther Combo;

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:06 - Apr 13 with 8088 viewsFredManRave

Again the question has to be asked how can we have got to 11 pages this time without Nightcrawlers?!

Just how many other classics are still out there and just how long will this thread go on for...

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:13 - Apr 13 with 8086 viewsPommyhoop

edit .Sorry Spackman..
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 7:39]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 04:17 - Apr 13 with 8083 viewsPommyhoop

and this ..Great Holiday choon

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:56 - Apr 13 with 8066 viewsPommyhoop

This fave of mine was screaming out for someone like Frankie to work his magic on ..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024