Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2041973 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:12 - Jun 6 with 7613 viewsDiscodroid

H.E.A.V.Y

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:18 - Jun 6 with 7617 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:21 - Jun 6 by londonscottish

My 50th birthday playlist is shaping up nicely.

This is another anthem for me. The wife hates it. I think it's the perfect dirty, funky, sloppy house tune

I love that track mate.
Just turned 50 myself!!
My wife bought me a turntable and the cake was QPR. Good choice of wife eh?
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:42 - Jun 6 with 7608 viewslondonscottish

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:18 - Jun 6 by CroydonCaptJack

I love that track mate.
Just turned 50 myself!!
My wife bought me a turntable and the cake was QPR. Good choice of wife eh?

You're got a keeper there :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:31 - Jun 7 with 7571 viewsFredManRave

Funky Guitar anyone?!

Shame Silky hasn't made it onto this thread;

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/82386/sterns/#15

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:28 - Jun 7 with 7561 viewslondonscottish

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:31 - Jun 7 by FredManRave

Funky Guitar anyone?!

Shame Silky hasn't made it onto this thread;

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/82386/sterns/#15

Was listening to that only yesterday. Reminds of when I rented on Westbourne Park Road. Used to play that, DOP, 808 State, Ragga Twins, etc.

Remember this one?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:50 - Jun 7 with 7551 viewslondonscottish

This one got missed off. Norman Jay would play this during the warm up/soul boy part of his set.

EDIT; not missed out - just found it under "Rotary Connection". Still worth having twice.

[Post edited 7 Jun 2014 7:52]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:38 - Jun 7 with 7543 viewslondonscottish

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:12 - Jun 6 by Discodroid

H.E.A.V.Y

That's hard core. Reminds me of going to SW1. Rows and rows and rows of people all facing the strobe/laser/smoke machine/projector at the front. Glow sticks, white gloves.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:40 - Jun 7 with 7542 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:28 - Jun 7 by londonscottish

Was listening to that only yesterday. Reminds of when I rented on Westbourne Park Road. Used to play that, DOP, 808 State, Ragga Twins, etc.

Remember this one?

GO ON KEV MY SON!!!!!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:11 - Jun 7 with 7529 viewslondonscottish

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:40 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

GO ON KEV MY SON!!!!!!

From the same era

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:30 - Jun 7 with 7524 viewsPommyhoop

Great Doco...
In the begining there was JACK !!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:49 - Jun 7 with 7516 viewsLblock

Just heard Ian D play this. Pure Philly class

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:54 - Jun 7 with 7515 viewsPommyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:49 - Jun 7 by Lblock

Just heard Ian D play this. Pure Philly class

Ha that label Lblock!!
No word of a lie I saw a Koala come down a tree and run up another one while out walking the dogs earlier. Pretty rare these days now the suburb is expanding and their habitat is dwindling

Sorry for that random outburst.
Carry on.
Nice track btw..

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:00 - Jun 7 with 7499 viewswestberksr

saw one of Prodigy's somewhere but whilst this was more commercial, when they dropped at Ministry the place went mad, super bassy and suited the big systems

[Post edited 7 Jun 2014 14:04]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:35 - Jun 7 with 7488 viewsBrixtonR

Oh dear, had our annual work conference (p*** up) yesterday still feeling it now and not looking forward to the recriminations on Monday. Nice to be back to the sanity of the Frankie thread.

I'm really surprised this one's not been posted yet, I used to love it.....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:51 - Jun 7 with 7484 viewsBrixtonR

Love this track got it on a free Mixmag CD surprised it's as new as 2002....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:28 - Jun 7 with 7472 viewswestberksr

sure this isn't on here yet; God is a DJ is fairly early on.
sinle version and the extended for thoe that like their intro's about 5 minutes long

"tearing off tights with my teeth"

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:51 - Jun 7 with 7458 viewsBrixtonR

OK we've the Rising Sun how about the Sun Rising ?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:18 - Jun 7 with 7443 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:35 - Jun 7 by BrixtonR

Oh dear, had our annual work conference (p*** up) yesterday still feeling it now and not looking forward to the recriminations on Monday. Nice to be back to the sanity of the Frankie thread.

Absolute stormer

Summer staple that one
I've got a beefier mix of that on vinyl somewhere which I will have to blow the dust off of very soon

Nice

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:15 - Jun 7 with 7419 viewslondonscottish

Spotted another gap.

When I'm 80 years old I will love this track just as much as I love it now.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 06:11 - Jun 8 with 7390 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:01 - Jun 6 by londonscottish

Just gone back through FMR's spreasheet and, amazingly, don't think this gem has been posted

LOVE this one. Used to hear this all over the place - Leisure Lounge, Bagleys, The Cross, Sancho Panza - you name it.

Always got the floor ROCKING

Good Call or should I say Choon. And cheers for reminding about the Leisure Lounge. Paradise was probably my favourite London Club with Leisure Lounge next. Somebody mentioned SW1 recently, went there a few times but just a bit too sweaty for m, though I did see Martin Clunes there once, he was off his tits but then I was so off it I thought he looked normal.
Satelite club was another one of my favourites in my more hardcore times.

http://www.kentishtowner.co.uk/2013/03/01/top-5-lost-london-nightclubs-of-the-90

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 06:29 - Jun 8 with 7386 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:28 - Jun 7 by westberksr

sure this isn't on here yet; God is a DJ is fairly early on.
sinle version and the extended for thoe that like their intro's about 5 minutes long

"tearing off tights with my teeth"

Page 7, track 172.

PM me your email and I'll send you the list in Excel to save you from further Spackman embarassment.

Definitely a spackman worthy track though.

[Post edited 8 Jun 2014 6:30]

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 06:49 - Jun 8 with 7381 viewsFredManRave

Back to the early 90's with some more Altern 8 from my early Sterns rave days;

And this commercial classic reminds me of Tenerife from the early 90's;

[Post edited 8 Jun 2014 6:51]

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:40 - Jun 8 with 7374 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 06:11 - Jun 8 by FredManRave

Good Call or should I say Choon. And cheers for reminding about the Leisure Lounge. Paradise was probably my favourite London Club with Leisure Lounge next. Somebody mentioned SW1 recently, went there a few times but just a bit too sweaty for m, though I did see Martin Clunes there once, he was off his tits but then I was so off it I thought he looked normal.
Satelite club was another one of my favourites in my more hardcore times.

http://www.kentishtowner.co.uk/2013/03/01/top-5-lost-london-nightclubs-of-the-90

First time i dropped in a club was at sw1,crazy night,i loved that place. Think its Pacha now.
I was always in Satellite nearly every Saturday., Peach, Fridays at Camden palace was also a mega night out as was Bagley's, Leisure lounge a couple of times had a good night on swans,had a few. Chunnel club, cloud 9. I used to love sweaty,raving clubs.
Doves,double doves,wings up doves,Apples,Rolex,Swans were my staple diet around that time.
We probably talked cod shite together at some point Fredmanrave.😊
Good days...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:28 - Jun 8 with 7347 viewsLblock

Sunny Sunday morning rolling beats

:

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:17 - Jun 8 with 7329 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:35 - Jun 7 by BrixtonR

I used to love that one. This was the original of that though. I warn you it goes on for nearly an hour though!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024