Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2018122 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:12 - Jun 15 with 7955 viewsPunteR

Good Sunday chill out

[Post edited 16 Jun 2014 1:25]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:03 - Jun 17 with 7871 viewsDiscodroid

nice.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:09 - Jun 19 with 7803 viewsDiscodroid

must be up here, apologies if so.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:29 - Jun 19 with 7800 viewspaulparker

cant believe we have missed this one,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:38 - Jun 20 with 7776 viewspaulparker

right that's the World Cup over with , so back on the House Vibe

Quality track that the Great Tony Humphries would always slam on when he played at the Ministry
Enjoy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:47 - Jun 20 with 7773 viewsLblock

Had one too many last night in the battle post the standard England exit so on a mellow more recent tip....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:55 - Jun 20 with 7767 viewsDiscodroid

message for 'coldchillin' .

not really the ethos on this thread to mark postings down, bit snidey and flys in the face of all inclusive brotherhood and empathy that this thread is all about and very petty.

frankie would would be shaking his head.

perhaps black box ride on time is more your cup of nesquick.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 10:16]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:10 - Jun 20 with 7765 viewsDiscodroid

my favourite dance track from the past few years, prob a bit too tech for this thread but a beauty none the less.

as i dont do gear anymore this is the next best thing for me and cheers me up after that shit last night.

lets have a cuddle!!

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:29 - Jun 20 with 7749 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:10 - Jun 20 by Discodroid

my favourite dance track from the past few years, prob a bit too tech for this thread but a beauty none the less.

as i dont do gear anymore this is the next best thing for me and cheers me up after that shit last night.

lets have a cuddle!!

Not a track I'm familiar with.

A real nice builder that chugs along nicely and ends up a loud pressing by the feel of things.

I have noticed how a lot of the "newer" tracks around tip a very large hat to old school techniques and sound.
I am however starting to feel like Clive Dunn shaking a gnarly stick at the young 'un's whilst wittering "they dont make 'em like they used to" and staring wistfully into the distance.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:35 - Jun 20 with 7746 viewsLblock

Right... going to the back of the stack now and blowing some dust off a rare groove that MAW gave their treatment to.
Love the original but this version is a bit more Frankie

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:48 - Jun 20 with 7743 viewspaulparker

I know what you mean about the old stuff LBlock , my missus keeps on at me about living in the past all the time,

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:54 - Jun 20 with 7732 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:24 - Jun 15 by Lblock

Gee-zus! I bet that sounds evil on a big 3k rig.

So you weren't at that do in Croydon then?! Do like hearing about these illegal do's as it keeps the tradition going. Rave on indeed

Had just about recovered from the weekend on Thursday and now need some good music to cheer me up after last nights nonsense !

LBlock, Rockford Files - Sexy Dancer and Gio's Dope mix of the Fog thanks for those two sounded great Sunday night and just had another listen - quality.

I think the do at Croydon was mainly Drum and Bass and a very young crowd.

A couple of girls who were at the party I was at were saying they were much too old to be at the one in Croydon and they're only late 20's. To be fair the party I went to was semi legal as it was Promoted by Elixir of LIfe who do a lot of big legal Psy trance parties. Was in a good venue right next to Millwall's ground.

OK a couple of really laid back Intelligent D&B tracks almost more old school
breakbeat ?

Love the Derrick May interview sampled on this - The True Rebels always walk alone anyway...........

[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 15:03]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:59 - Jun 20 with 7729 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:48 - Jun 20 by paulparker

I know what you mean about the old stuff LBlock , my missus keeps on at me about living in the past all the time,

I was still quite young when i got married and started having kids. The club scene isn't conducive with family life,i nearly learnt the hard way.
For me its all in the past now but no one can ever take those nights out away from me. MDMA merged with my DNA and when ever i hear a top tune i still get a little buzz.
Keep the tunes coming.

just to add I'm not condoning the clubbing /family life combo,it just didn't work for me.
If you can go out large on a weekend and still hold it together,hats off to you.😊
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 15:54]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:07 - Jun 20 with 7726 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:55 - Jun 20 by Discodroid

message for 'coldchillin' .

not really the ethos on this thread to mark postings down, bit snidey and flys in the face of all inclusive brotherhood and empathy that this thread is all about and very petty.

frankie would would be shaking his head.

perhaps black box ride on time is more your cup of nesquick.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 10:16]

That is a great tune Disco. By the way not sure if saw you my reply on the world cup music thread but much respect for remembering where the original Duffer shop was - brought back a few memories of shops gone by

Following on from the Rudimental tune....hope this isn't too hard for the Frankie thread......apologies if so

[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 22:15]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:15 - Jun 20 with 7724 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:48 - Jun 20 by paulparker

Nothing wrong with living in the past mate.

Linday Layton reminds me of being at a boat party in Kavos 1990 and the DJ played Dont Talk about it as well as Barry K Sharp The Masterplan and Satoshie Tomie I loved you back to back I think, Still wish I was living in that past lol
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:20 - Jun 20 with 7718 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:15 - Jun 20 by BrixtonR

Nothing wrong with living in the past mate.

Linday Layton reminds me of being at a boat party in Kavos 1990 and the DJ played Dont Talk about it as well as Barry K Sharp The Masterplan and Satoshie Tomie I loved you back to back I think, Still wish I was living in that past lol

I know what you mean BrixtonR give me those care free days anytime of the week
even going to places like Tenerife& Kavos were the biz in them days
feel sorry for the kids of today, Swedish house mafia and pitbull feck that,

anyway another old school classic , reminds me of Tenerife 93

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:24 - Jun 20 with 7716 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:38 - Jun 20 by paulparker

right that's the World Cup over with , so back on the House Vibe

Quality track that the Great Tony Humphries would always slam on when he played at the Ministry
Enjoy

Tony Humpries at the ministry - Made me think of this. Really nice tune, I didn't realise it was mixed by Darren Emerson

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:51 - Jun 20 with 7708 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Drum and Bass - for me LTJ Bukem was the master of that era

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:17 - Jun 20 with 7702 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:47 - Jun 20 with 7691 viewsPunteR

I used to love omni trio. Foul plays remix was pretty good as well.
my mate used to play this on both decks st the same time with one slightly delayed giving it an echo sound. There's probably a name for that mixing effect which i don't know,but it sounded pretty cool.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 23:11]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:57 - Jun 20 with 7687 viewspaulparker

not my normal genre here, but always had this turned up in the car around 97/98
bit of a quirky tune

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 7659 viewspaulparker

found these in one the boxes tonight, going to give them a dust off later

and this little gem for those who used to do Limelights
MAW,India,BasementBoys,Doug Lazy (rap), Todd Terry & Marc Anthony
what a combo

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:32 - Jun 20 with 7641 viewsPunteR

Last one from me. Avagoodun..
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 23:57]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:23 - Jun 21 with 7582 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:21 - Jun 20 by paulparker

found these in one the boxes tonight, going to give them a dust off later

and this little gem for those who used to do Limelights
MAW,India,BasementBoys,Doug Lazy (rap), Todd Terry & Marc Anthony
what a combo

It's amazing that after 800 or so tunes you can still pull out stormers like that !

I loved that Kamer one and had it on a tape that got lost. I never knew what it was so don't think I've heard it for nearly 15 years

A few of us going out in Hammersmith to celebrate the play off win. looking at the weather I reckon this is in order to start the day.....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:43 - Jun 21 with 7577 viewsPommyhoop

Sorry lads but after our exit I'm going to have to Spackman you again .
In the words of ngbqpr I give you the

''Impossibly, incomparably, wonderfully, dazzlingly uplifting ''
Reachin by Phase II
UUuuuuuRRrrrrssssss

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024