Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2041700 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:21 - Jan 26 with 1590 viewsW13R

Two good mixes.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:33 - Jan 26 with 1586 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:04 - Jan 27 with 1559 viewsmarkqpr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:55 - Jan 25 by PunteR

Wicked mix mate. Just listening now.
I couldnt get on with my Rekordbox DVS but heard Serato was good.

Thanks mate.

I was an early adopter of Serato in 2004, having used their 'Scratch' plug in in the studio previously so for me it's been worth persevering with it over the years as it slowly improved to the point where I now think it's excellent and don't mind using it instead of vinyl so much. Beforehand I would always go for vinyl all the time. In the last few years the tracking has tightened up considerably and the drift almost eliminated which has improved it massively.

I've also started to use MWM's Phase on the set of decks I use to mix with my kids and that is quite incredible as well. Definitely worth checking out and something I will continue to use.

Rekordbox is made for controllers primarily, not as a DVS system, hence is not as intuitive to use. Everyone I know who uses it with a controller loves it. No one I know uses it with vinyl as it's horrible!

Serato is the best for DVS, Traktor is good too but I know that Native Instruments want to spin it off and sell it as a separate entity and focus only on software instruments so it's future looks precarious. Allen & Heath are in discussions to buy it from them though.

Thanks for the follows on Mixcloud and thanks for all the tunes posted up in this thread as well from everyone. As an education and a music resource/library this thread is phenomenal.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:14 - Jan 27 with 1535 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:04 - Jan 27 by markqpr

Thanks mate.

I was an early adopter of Serato in 2004, having used their 'Scratch' plug in in the studio previously so for me it's been worth persevering with it over the years as it slowly improved to the point where I now think it's excellent and don't mind using it instead of vinyl so much. Beforehand I would always go for vinyl all the time. In the last few years the tracking has tightened up considerably and the drift almost eliminated which has improved it massively.

I've also started to use MWM's Phase on the set of decks I use to mix with my kids and that is quite incredible as well. Definitely worth checking out and something I will continue to use.

Rekordbox is made for controllers primarily, not as a DVS system, hence is not as intuitive to use. Everyone I know who uses it with a controller loves it. No one I know uses it with vinyl as it's horrible!

Serato is the best for DVS, Traktor is good too but I know that Native Instruments want to spin it off and sell it as a separate entity and focus only on software instruments so it's future looks precarious. Allen & Heath are in discussions to buy it from them though.

Thanks for the follows on Mixcloud and thanks for all the tunes posted up in this thread as well from everyone. As an education and a music resource/library this thread is phenomenal.

Nice one mate.
I just use Rekordbox now to store and organize all my downloads. Just mix vinyl at home these days. I upload my digital music to a usb stick to take to the studio or whatever. The station uses Pioneer for the mixer and CDJS so all nicely compatible.
I do prefer the feel of mixing on vinyl rather than CDJS so a good DVS system is something that appeals. Watching Andy C in action is pretty cool. He's uses Serato. Quite a few top DJs use it.
What is MWMs Phase mate ? I'll check that out.
Allen & Heath are serious kit so that would be interesting to see what they come out with on the DVS front.
The digital v Vinyl debate will rage on but the next generation of DJs will be streaming their music directly into their sets which i think has already started. ?
Agree with you about this thread, its a phenomenal place for music. Been a real education for me as well and inspired me to get back on the 1s and 2s. :)
I'll be keeping a look out for your next mix mate.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:12 - Jan 27 with 1529 viewsDiscodroids

Prog. In totality.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:31 - Jan 27 with 1520 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:12 - Jan 27 by Discodroids

Prog. In totality.

This was delivered today. Good old discogs.
Dance floor grenade.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:34 - Jan 27 with 1517 viewsBrixtonR

Kind of appropriate lately........

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:35 - Jan 27 with 1516 viewsPunteR

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:38 - Jan 27 with 1514 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:45 - Jan 27 with 1512 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:38 - Jan 27 by PunteR

Nice One
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 20:15]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:16 - Jan 27 with 1499 viewsBrixtonR

Reposted as I posted the wrong tune lol
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 20:35]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:23 - Jan 27 with 1498 viewsBrixtonR

I bloody love Micronoise..................

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:35 - Jan 27 with 1492 viewsBrixtonR

I think PunteR played this last weekend? What an absolute proper tune transports me back to 1992 love it !

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:36 - Jan 27 with 1491 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:49 - Jan 27 with 1489 viewsBrixtonR

An absolute tune, especially when it kicks in at 3.45.............

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 1476 viewsBrixtonR

X

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:57 - Jan 28 with 1428 viewsLblock

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:34 - Jan 28 with 1415 viewspaulparker

After a Sh1t week the weekend starts now !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:42 - Jan 28 with 1411 viewspaulparker

Old school flava

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:45 - Jan 28 with 1408 viewsCroydonCaptJack

1987 and still sounding chunky as hell.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:52 - Jan 28 with 1405 viewspaulparker

One for Disco

Michael Douglas giving it large in basic instinct

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:55 - Jan 28 with 1404 viewsCroydonCaptJack

A shuffling meandering beauty

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:59 - Jan 28 with 1401 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:08 - Jan 28 with 1398 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:52 - Jan 28 by paulparker

One for Disco

Michael Douglas giving it large in basic instinct

Here is the other track from the club scene in Basic Instinct.
We're all old c**nts now..lol

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:09 - Jan 28 with 1396 viewsCroydonCaptJack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024