Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there many bigger games than this? 10:24 - May 20 with 3530 viewsqueensparkdanger

I was chatting to a mate of mine yesterday and we were discussing how big the Play-off final is for a club, a one off game to get into the Champions League would be bigger?, but cant be many others?
Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:26 - May 20 with 3507 viewssimmo

The FA cup final is bigger

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:27 - May 20 with 3497 viewsqueensparkdanger

Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:26 - May 20 by simmo

Sorry,I meant financially
Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:40 - May 20 with 3443 viewssmegma

We will never be in the position to be challenging for the PL title or even Europa League qualification. The odds of playing at either showpiece cup final are also very long, so yes, for a club our size, this as big as it's ever going to get.
Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:46 - May 20 with 3408 viewsdaveB

This or a cup final is as good as it will ever get for us so make the most of Saturday
Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:47 - May 20 with 3406 viewsessextaxiboy

Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:26 - May 20 by simmo

Not for me , the prize for this game is Rangers being prominent in the news for the next year , the biggest teams in the country with the some of the best players in the world playing on our pitch.
The buzz when you come out of the station with the touts and TV crews , sellout every home game and the chance to watch the team in some of the iconic stadiums of the country.

For our overseas fans reliable streams of every game home and away and the chance to play Chelsea twice .

I Know about the kick off times and stuff , but if you are at the top of the Championship you end up playing at odd times any way .
Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:57 - May 20 with 3368 viewsactonman

Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:47 - May 20 by essextaxiboy

Not for me , the prize for this game is Rangers being prominent in the news for the next year , the biggest teams in the country with the some of the best players in the world playing on our pitch.
The buzz when you come out of the station with the touts and TV crews , sellout every home game and the chance to watch the team in some of the iconic stadiums of the country.

For our overseas fans reliable streams of every game home and away and the chance to play Chelsea twice .

I Know about the kick off times and stuff , but if you are at the top of the Championship you end up playing at odd times any way .

Agree 100 %
Even the fa cup has lost its glamour

Not saying it's right but to be playing in the premier league every week on the global stage is better than winning the cup only for everybody to forget who won it a couple of months later

Only for the fact it was mentioned last week, I would have had to really think about who the league cup holders are never mind the runners up
Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:59 - May 20 with 3365 viewsdaveB

FA Cup is probably bigger but if you lose that the fall out isn't so bad, the ramifications for this are pretty big for us.

Plus we get more tickets for a playoff final
Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:00 - May 20 with 3362 viewsPinnerPaul

Cambridge Utd manager said for Non league clubs their play off to get into the FL is , to them, just as huge as this final to us.

Relatively speaking, non League to League 2 just as huge as Championship to PL .
Login to get fewer ads

Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:11 - May 20 with 3305 viewsrobith

Last time we were at Wembley I was 2. By that ratio, next time we get there I'll be 58. I don't care about the wider footballing world, for me this is the biggest game ever
Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:13 - May 20 with 3301 viewsRangersw12

Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:57 - May 20 by actonman

Agree 100 %
Even the fa cup has lost its glamour

Not saying it's right but to be playing in the premier league every week on the global stage is better than winning the cup only for everybody to forget who won it a couple of months later

Only for the fact it was mentioned last week, I would have had to really think about who the league cup holders are never mind the runners up

People remember Fa Cup winners nobody remembers what team finished 17th in such and such season

After 1 or 2 seasons in the Premier league you will realise for a club like us it isn't really that much fun
Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:41 - May 20 with 3244 viewssimmo

I would take an FA Cup win over anything, including winning the premier league. The biggest and most famous domestic cup in the world, and at Wembley. That absolutely pisses all over playing in the Premiership, which I couldnt give a toss about.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:51 - May 20 with 3226 viewsstowmarketrange

Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:41 - May 20 by simmo

I would take an FA Cup win over anything, including winning the premier league. The biggest and most famous domestic cup in the world, and at Wembley. That absolutely pisses all over playing in the Premiership, which I couldnt give a toss about.

Don't you have to win more than 1 FA cup game in a season to win the cup?
Our only chance is to get byes until the final itself,and then play for penalties from the start.
Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:54 - May 20 with 3214 viewsjonno

It's well known that from a purely financial perspective the playoff final to get in the Premier League is the biggest game in world club football.
Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:57 - May 20 with 3202 viewsJamie

Biggest game in our history. For all TFs claims of financial harmony, the ramifications of failing to get promoted will be huge. IMO of course.
Are there many bigger games than this? on 13:45 - May 20 with 3025 viewsdaveB

Are there many bigger games than this? on 11:57 - May 20 by Jamie

Biggest game in our history. For all TFs claims of financial harmony, the ramifications of failing to get promoted will be huge. IMO of course.

whatever happens QPR will still be here on May 25th and we'll have a full house for whoever the first game is next season in August

Of course if we lose then we face some serious problems and a probable transfer embargo next January but it doesn't have to be the end of the world for us, clubs have bounced back from this before.
[Post edited 20 May 2014 13:45]
Are there many bigger games than this? on 13:56 - May 20 with 2997 viewsGetMeRangers

Are there many bigger games than this? on 10:47 - May 20 by essextaxiboy

The chance to BEAT scum twice, is what you meant I am sure
Are there many bigger games than this? on 14:03 - May 20 with 2982 viewsqueensparkdanger

This will definitely be the biggest game I have been to, or may ever go to, get to take my son too which is the icing on the cake. Now hoping we don't balls it up!!
Are there many bigger games than this? on 14:05 - May 20 with 2973 viewsE17hoop

Palace had a turnover of £14m their last season in the Championship; their TV money alone for this season just gone was £73m.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Are there many bigger games than this? on 16:02 - May 20 with 2836 viewskensalriser

The evidence seems to suggest that financially the Premier league is a passport to more and bigger debt!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Are there many bigger games than this? on 16:33 - May 20 with 2786 viewsessextaxiboy

I purposely didnt mention the money .

For me the FA cup lost its gloss when they started to play the semis at Wembleyl .

Then they have the balls to promote it on the back of tradition .
[Post edited 20 May 2014 16:34]
Are there many bigger games than this? on 17:59 - May 20 with 2720 viewsderbyhoop

Are there many bigger games than this? on 16:02 - May 20 by kensalriser

The evidence seems to suggest that financially the Premier league is a passport to more and bigger debt!

It doesn't have to be. But it does move the financial goal posts.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Are there many bigger games than this? on 18:18 - May 20 with 2692 viewsterryb

To answer the OP.

This is one of the biggest games but it is played every season. For us this is more important than the other play offs have been, but for neutrals I don't think it compares to Barca-Atletico last week, Liverpool - Arsenal in 89(?).

The last game of the season with the two sides battling it out to be The Champions has to be the biggest.

Back in 75-76 it looked a possibility at one stage that we would finish equal with 'pool on points & goal average. The football league had taken soundings on the possibility of using Wembley for a play off.

Now, that would have been big!
Are there many bigger games than this? on 16:04 - May 21 with 2507 viewsqueensparkdanger

Is it normal that the play-off final is on the same day as the Champions League final?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024